Collar Addicts -- Enter Here ;) Post pictures.

Dogs6

Plus One
I feel my dogs are deprived now. Between 4 dogs I have 7 collars and one doesn't fit any of them, one's broken and one's a light up one for winter walks.

Oh and Sitstay? Yeah I hate you :p I've been thinking about getting an Ella's Lead Harry Potter themed embroidered collar for each dog (so I can put each of them in a house lol) and seeing yours reminded me of it and now I REALLY want one!! I've even got a house picked out for each dog :p

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
MOST people would say I'm addicted, but when I get on chaz, I feel like like I'm pretty average! :p I have a decent amount of collars for Chloe, but only one for Violet. HOWEVER, if I had a job/money, I'd have TONS of collars for both of them. My addiction is LOOKING at them online. I pick tons of favorites, save the pages, and then never look at them again because I know I can't buy them. :( I need a job!

A weenie collar for my little weenie. <3

Her and Jackson are twins! Aww!

She's hardcore.

Her usual collar. I think it's a delicate, pretty color on her.

She also has a puppia harness, and some really thin puppy/cat collars that I don't think look very good on her, so I don't use them ever.

ETA: Oh yeah, I forgot her ZEBRA collar! My favorite looks wise, but it tends to rub her fur off of her neck. The light pink one is a little softer, so we use it more.

SarahHound

Love everyone's collars! Here's all the collars in this house, I have never thrown a collar away.

Kitsch collar

Todd by Niseag, on Flickr

Silver Peacock collar

Todd's new collar by Niseag, on Flickr

Rosewood collar (this is his garden collar, just for if I am leaving them out in the garden)

Todd by Niseag, on Flickr

Collar included in her adoption package (the day after we adopted her)

Maddy by Niseag, on Flickr

Kitsch collar

Silver Peacock collar

Maddy modelling her new collar by Niseag, on Flickr

non-branded collar

Rosewood collar (garden wear)

Maddy Mooface by Niseag, on Flickr

Silver Peacock collar

Maddy's 4th birthday! by Niseag, on Flickr

Breagha wearing the unbranded collar above

Breagha by Niseag, on Flickr

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
You want addiction, let me show you addiction! ;) I have 3 dogs; here are the collars, harnesses, and regular leashes I have for them. I did not include longlines or collars I keep in reserve for fosters or strays or that are reserved for work.

Our Ella's Lead leashes! (Current count: 3 leashes, 0 collars)

Specific purpose leashes (Current count: 11 leashes, 0 collars)

Collar/leash combos (Current count: 16 leashes, 0 collars)

Leather leashes, missing my favorite black one though (Current count: 23 leashes, 0 collars)

Nylon/cotton leashes (Current count: 29 leashes, 0 collars)

Kestrel's collars, missing his reflective martingale (Current count: 29 leashes, 16 collars)

Ziva's collars, missing her AirDog collar, her reflective martingale, and her holiday picture one (Current count: 29 leashes, 30 collars)

Aerten's collars (only the last two were bought for her, the others are hand me downs), missing her holiday picture collar (Current count: 29 leashes, 36 collars)

FINAL LEASH COUNT:
29, or just under 10 per dog!
FINAL COLLAR COUNT: 36, or 12 per dog!

And I'm not done yet! (continued)

Last edited:

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Our regular harnesses (5)

Our no-pull harnesses (WWW, Easy Walk, and Bebop USA - 4 total)

Keepsake collars/leads from Maggie <3 <3

Box of bandanas

L to R: collars/leads that live in my car because they are used so often, collars/leads that live on the leash rack because they are used weekly or so, collars/leads that live in the closet and are only used occasionally. ;)

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Oh and Sitstay? Yeah I hate you :p I've been thinking about getting an Ella's Lead Harry Potter themed embroidered collar for each dog (so I can put each of them in a house lol) and seeing yours reminded me of it and now I REALLY want one!! I've even got a house picked out for each dog :p
Don't say that! :p
I'm so excited for it to get here. I was actually just about to order another collar design from Rebecca and then I saw her HP post and couldn't resist. LOL, I "sorted" her too! She would have looked nice in Gryffindor colors but she is definitely a Ravenclaw puppy.

This is too cute! <3
I like hairy dogs but it sucks buying nice collars and never being able to see them on your dog through all the ruff! I'm really hoping my mom gets a Whippet in the next couple years so I can buy it pretty martingales and have them actually show up, LOL.

Aerten's collars (only the last two were bought for her, the others are hand me downs), missing her holiday picture collar (Current count: 29 leashes, 36 collars)
What kind of collar is the middle one? It looks really nice. And I love Aeri's (mali)gator collar!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
The middle one is an old style Ruffwear Knot-a-Collar; they are no longer made. :( It's a safety collar that loosens if snagged, so it is a tag collar only.

JacksonsMom

Wow! LOVE the collection you've built up, stardogs. Awesome. :)

Oh, I realized I forgot one (it was on my closet floor). I love this one, too. His Kong collar.

JacksonsMom

Looking at some CM fabrics, and can't decide.

Anyone wanna vote for Jackson's next collar? Now, some of these... I'm not sure how good they'd look on a 3/4 collar sooo.. I'll have to talk to the collar maker about it.

I think I'm going to get him the No Buckle Adjustable Slide Collar so there's no bulky buckles, either, but he still has the 3/4" width.

Dogs6

Plus One
Looking at some CM fabrics, and can't decide.

Anyone wanna vote for Jackson's next collar? Now, some of these... I'm not sure how good they'd look on a 3/4 collar sooo.. I'll have to talk to the collar maker about it.

I think I'm going to get him the No Buckle Adjustable Slide Collar so there's no bulky buckles, either, but he still has the 3/4" width.
I like the middle one the best. The first one is awesome but I don't think it would be suitable for a 3/4" collar.

Oh and since we're counting leashes as well ... I have 2 lol. I keep losing them.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I got one of the three brown latigo multifunction leashes when I interned at Guide Dogs for the Blind and then bought two more when I visited their campus a few years ago. This doesn't, however, mean you can't get one yourself because they sell them online for an AWESOME price! :D You really can't beat $14 for a sturdy leash that breaks in nicely and benefits a great cause. ;)

The black multifunction is a true euro leash - I bought it in Prague on a study abroad trip.

The 6' brown latigo lead is from http://www.texasleash.com/.

The 2' brown latigo traffic leash is from a local place in my hometown that is now out of business. :(

monkeys23

I think I am going to go with a cat collar from Paco Collars for Jackson. I really don't like leather to be too thick, the Ella's Lead one she made for Jackson is the perfect size. I think it's 5/8" wide but it's just the perfect fit. I love the tattoo one I got (with his name painted on it) but it's just kinda big so he ends up not wearing it alot. Plus the hardware is a tad large too and getting the tags on/off is a pain.

So anyways... thinking about this one from Paco:

Le Cheat - Leather Cat Collar - Paco Collars
What do you think for Jackson?
Yes you can.
The ONLY cat collar you CANNOT use a leash with is one with a breakaway buckle.
Paco's (and a few other leather cat collar makers) use elastic to make their leather collars more safe to be worn for cats.

I had that style of cat collar for my mom's cat. It's cute but narrow for a dog. I don't know that it'll show up well on Jackson. You might want to see if they can make it a hair wider for him, like, 5/8" or 3/4". Heck, 1/2" might even be wide enough.
That one there is only 3/8" which is perfect for small cats. :D
I really really want one of those Paco cat collars for my cat! Except probably in burgundy/brown with silver hardware. I'm the fence about the elastic option though. Oh well the odds that I'll have the $$ to spend on that are slim, so no worries I guess!

Another place for nice leather leads at a very reasonable price is www.bridgeportquipment.com :)

Hillside

Original Twin
I got one of the three brown latigo multifunction leashes when I interned at Guide Dogs for the Blind and then bought two more when I visited their campus a few years ago. This doesn't, however, mean you can't get one yourself because they sell them online for an AWESOME price! :D You really can't beat $14 for a sturdy leash that breaks in nicely and benefits a great cause. ;)

The black multifunction is a true euro leash - I bought it in Prague on a study abroad trip.

The 6' brown latigo lead is from http://www.texasleash.com/.

The 2' brown latigo traffic leash is from a local place in my hometown that is now out of business. :(

The link didn't work for the Guidedog place, and I checked in equipment and they didn't have any listed.

I *think* the Guidedog leashes are from J & J Dog Supplies - Dog Training equipment for Dog Obedience, Dog Agility, Dog Flyball, and more. I was at one of our local shows and they had several of the service dog type leads on a clearance rack for insanely cheap( and J&J already has some pretty insanely cheap prices. I asked Robb, the guy running the J&J booth why they were so cheap. He said that they we mistakes because they had brass snaps and the Guidedog place just wanted all chrome. Even if they aren't, J&J makes an almost identical leash. Very high quality and very decent prices.

Saeleofu

The link didn't work for the Guidedog place, and I checked in equipment and they didn't have any listed.
Link worked for me just fine. J&J does sell the same leash if I recall correctly, but proceeds don't go to GDB.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Hrm I checked the link today and it worked for me as well. :\ J&J does sell a very similar leash with the options for chrome or brass fixtures and for a few $$ more.

Members online

No members online now.