sad day

yesterday, i went to my parents house to pick up the rolling tool box they had gotten me for Christmas. well, there dog was sick. we got him when i was 14, i'm 24 now. he was a purebred lab, and huge. he weighted every bit of 100 lbs. he's had some problems over the years, most noticable is the fact that he was epileptic. he had bad sezuies all the time. he was on the maximum dosage of medicine too, but he still had them. he was fine almost all day. he didnt eat at all. at about 5 last night, he just laid down and didnt move at all. he got really cold too. everywhere. by the time we got home and had dinner, he had passed. it was about 8 pm.

bogolove

I am so sorry to hear that. I know how hard it is. The loss of a pet is extremely hard, and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I know how u feel

I know how you feel I just lost a 6-month old puppy. She passed in November I miss her so much. I don't know what happened to her or why she died. She was my neighbors dog but was just as much my dog as hers. I picked her out I walked her every day even if she already went for a walk I fed her when her owner was at work and I loved no love her so much. I am 12 years old and own a 4 year old multi-poo Lucky. Yes I know how u feel I know I only knew my neighbors dog Sierra for less then 6-moths but it felt like I knew her forever.,
Lucky_Lover

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I am glad you came here. I lost my dog last jan. Talking about him here has helped me with my grief. Helped me keep my heart open too..so that love can find it's way to help me heal. i hope coming here will help you as well.

Saje

Island dweller
I am so sorry. Do share as much as you like. Post pics if you want. This is definitely the place to cry or vent or whatever you need.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. What was his name? I recently lost my beloved golden who I had for 12+ years. I currently have a wonderful yellow lab that I rescued from the shelter last April. Our babies defiintely leave pawprints on our heart...
Amy + Hunter

That's hard, just too hard, but he left you with wonderful gifts - first and foremost, all those years of love and understanding. There's something very special about the dogs we go through our teenage years with at our side. He's also left you with no regrets; you cared for a dog who had problems that many people would have just given up on, and he left you in his own time, in his own way, drifting off peacefully in the home he loved among his people he loved and who loved him so much in return.

bubbatd

I ditto all of the above posts. It's never easy to lose a fuzzy pal at any age. Remember the happy times and know he's with you in spirit until he greets you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm so sorry to hear about your lab. His memory will live on forever in your heart. He passed away at peace in his home where he knew he was loved.

Members online

No members online now.