I stand behind my dogs...

filarotten

Fila the love
Good Luck, Buckshot. Go get em! You really have had a rough time with that place. They deserve to be shut down.

I can add this...one of the Fila forums, it was mentioned about your breeder's wife hitting her dogs in the head with their food pans. She was getting ripped by members.

You know, it may not be a bad idea to hit those forums. Many breeders on there do not like your breeder and would like to see them shut down.

You can always start a blog as well.

Debi

anything we can do to help..I know I will. probably nothing, but just wanted you to know you have my support. :)

Sorry I missed this, BS . . . mea culpa

I haven't read through the whole thread, but Buckshot doesn't deserve to be mauled over this. I'm familiar with the jerk who sold Buckshot to him. His "kennel" is actually just a few hours from me. Turtletown, Tennessee. Fila people tend to refer to him as "Turtletown" and shake their heads.

The guy knows how to present himself. He talks a great game, especially to someone who isn't extremely experienced at dealing with breeders. He's a first class snake in the grass and Two-legged Buckshot just got had, pure and simple. And believe me, even if he DID (like that would ever happen) send Buckshot back for a refund, that refund would never come.

Turtletown is blackballed among true Fila people . . . His new angle is supposedly that he's not breeding anymore, just rescuing :rolleyes: Yeah. Right.

Turtletown is just due a good old-fashioned ass-whuppin' and that's really about all there is to it. Problem is, he's got too many dogs around to get by with it . . . :mad:

Next time you want a dog, let me know. If we need to, we'll take a road trip to Mexico. Or if Amy's got an upcoming litter, we'll get you one of those if we can.

W

whatszmatter

Not that this any bearing on this particular situation, but if you're buying a puppy at 8-12 weeks with the intention of him being a stud dog, chances are better that he won't turn out to be a dog worthy of stud.

That's really an unavoidable risk you take any time you buy a puppy with those intentions in mind from even the most reputable breeders. If you really want a dog for stud its best to spend the extra cash and get a proven one or keep back males from you breedings till one developes into a suitable stud. Buying puppies is too big of a risk IMO to be a stud dog some day.

undescended testicles happen as well, but most breeders will get you a new pup in that situation. As for shipping at 4 weeks well, this guy should have his kennel license and rights to breed animals stripped immediately.

filarotten said:
Good Luck, Buckshot. Go get em! You really have had a rough time with that place. They deserve to be shut down.

I can add this...one of the Fila forums, it was mentioned about your breeder's wife hitting her dogs in the head with their food pans. She was getting ripped by members.

You know, it may not be a bad idea to hit those forums. Many breeders on there do not like your breeder and would like to see them shut down.

You can always start a blog as well.
Filarotten, could you send me a link to that forum please?

To the rest of you, Thanks for the support!

jess2416

Who woulda thought
I dont know much about this...(thats why I havent posted) but I hope everything works out for you...

So sorry you had to go through this...

pitbulliest

This is why you should never purchase a dog over the internet so to speak....go meet the breeder, see the dogs, see where they stay, what they eat, their conditions, the parents, etc....

Or better yet, GO RESCUE FROM A SHELTER..there are hundreds..thousands...god, MILLIONS of dogs out there waiting for a home...you don't intend on breeding anymore..thank god..so now go rescue a dog.

pitbulliest said:
This is why you should never purchase a dog over the internet so to speak....go meet the breeder, see the dogs, see where they stay, what they eat, their conditions, the parents, etc....
That's good advice, under normal circumstances. But when you're dealing with a rare breed not necessarily realistic. I'm very thankful that there are rare breed breeders who have websites. If it weren't for them, it would be next to impossible to glean the information necessary to make a decision. The good ones don't screen any less scrupulously (with the exception of actually making a cross-country or international home visit) than a good breeder of a popular breed who is close.

This is an example of what you want to see: http://www.filadog.com/welcome.htm

Last edited:

Mordy

Quigleyfied
stevinski said:
i think its ok for a breeder to have a website, i mean,
why not?
Of course it is ok for breeders to have a website. Just because a breeder has a website that doesn't make him a greedy puppy miller who is just after people's money.

There are many excellent breeders out there who put up very nice sites with lots of important information. Why not showcase the breed, their special traits and needs, health testing results, the breeder's accomplishments in conformation and performance and so on?

Case in point, when my parents were looking for a new puppy, they called me to help them find a good breeder. They live in Germany, I'm in California and there's a 9-hour time zone difference.

The internet was very helpful. They wanted a standard schnauzer, so the first thing I did was look up the website of the parent breed club. They had a breeder referral and access to a database of health testing results (cardiac defects etc.).

I read through the test results and then visited the websites of the breeders with the best ones. I had to weed out some more, since for example I didn't want my parents to have to deal with a kennel-raised pup, but wanted a breeder who raises litters in the home with regular human contact.

In the end I was able to email my parents links to the sites of 4 or 5 breeders to check out and schedule visits.

If it hadn't been for the internet, all this work would have been so much harder. My parents are good dog owners with the right ideas about training and care, but they don't know much about picking a good breeder - it has been 26 years since they have bought a puppy themselves. I don't think they would have ended up with what turned out to be a first-rate puppy from a truly excellent breeder if they had had to go by phone calls or ads in dog magazines.

filarotten

Fila the love
Buckshot, I don't remember which forum it was on, but I will pm you links to the three I belong to. Sorry I don't keep the posts. You will have to go back to the postings around March, I think.

I called you breeder several times, and left messages looking for a rescue dog for mom. He has never returned one phone call.

Members online

No members online now.