Girly Stuff

crazedACD

I have henna on my head currently and I am terrified. Cleaning up the aftermath...everything was GREEN...my hair isn't going to turn green is it?!

Oh and when they say it is messy, they aren't lying. Nope.

I have sugar wax cooling as I type... so excited to try it!
How did this go?

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
I had to re-cook it same batch just add more sugar because what I did was too much liquid. We tried it on my BF's hands first and it worked AWESOME. Tried it myself and we had to warm it quite well but yes, it worked awesome. Not that painful, though I've never tried other wax. For thicker hair it'll need a couple sessions to get it all, but thin areas are easy!

crazedACD

I had to re-cook it same batch just add more sugar because what I did was too much liquid. We tried it on my BF's hands first and it worked AWESOME. Tried it myself and we had to warm it quite well but yes, it worked awesome. Not that painful, though I've never tried other wax. For thicker hair it'll need a couple sessions to get it all, but thin areas are easy!
Good to know! Can you do this for like...eyebrows and upper lip?

crazedACD

So I henna'd, and I'm not quite as terrified for next time as I was last night :D. Might have to leave it on longer next time. As you can see, I didn't get a huge difference...it more or less evened things up, changed it about one shade, and conditioned my hair. Oh, and I used lush's caca marron.

Didn't get very good before pictures, but...before..kind of dark blonde.

Mess...

And I knocked the lush box down and there was an even bigger mess..

And I forgot saran wrap so I vet wrapped a bag to my head. And it's a chew deterrent vet wrap and you never ever want to taste it.

Today..(the next day)...
This is in the upstairs bathroom..

BUT...this is in the downstairs bathroom...quite different..

So...I think I will try it again in two or three weeks...and see if I can get it even more auburny.

That's why I dot color my hair ... Too much trouble :S
henna can be messy but a lot of other ones aren't.

I decided to cover up the color streaks I put in last year...they were faded and not holding color anymore except for a bit of green so yeah, looked like chlorine damage lol. I just used an ammonia free crème, no muss no fuss, took 30 min from start to finish and worked great:)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
That's why I dot color my hair ... Too much trouble :S
It's really not. Henna is a process, yes, but most hair dye you just mix up, brush it on, let it sit, then rinse and voila. It's about as difficult as, say, baking a cake out of a box.

That looks like a really beautiful colour, crazed! I kind of want to henna but I'm afraid it will make my hair that really plum looking red a lot of people seem to get with henna. I just want a slightly more red punch and not sure henna can do that.
Also I don't want my head to smell LOL.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I have just seen like horror stories of color gone wrong, like the color not Turing out how you wanted it & whatever ... Plus I never liked it because I have this weird deal where I think it presents a false sense of myself xD

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Okay well that's different than "I don't do it because it's too much trouble."

I used to dye my hair all the time and loved it. Unfortunately the company discontinued the colour and I never found a replacement I liked as much. Only twice have I ever had a hair colour go wrong on me, and one time it was user error (my mother.) It's fun to change it up for a $3 mix of hair dye. I don't think anything so superficial as my hair colour dictates anything about me or my personality. I shudder to think of defining my sense of self based on how I look...

Torch

Okay well that's different than "I don't do it because it's too much trouble."

I used to dye my hair all the time and loved it. Unfortunately the company discontinued the colour and I never found a replacement I liked as much. Only twice have I ever had a hair colour go wrong on me, and one time it was user error (my mother.) It's fun to change it up for a $3 mix of hair dye. I don't think anything so superficial as my hair colour dictates anything about me or my personality. I shudder to think of defining my sense of self based on how I look...
A list of burn centers in the U.S.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_burn_centers_in_the_United_States

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I die my hair all the time. I just wish I'd have played around with some wilder hair colors when I was young and not in a super conservative job field.

I've been about every natural shade possible from bleach blonde to very dark red/brown. Been keeping it a medium-coppery brown lately.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Oh. My. God.

I... I laughed far too hard.

LOL
Hahaha it took me a minute and now I can't stop laughing.

I want to go blonde! I was looking at bleach the other day thinking about it all over again. I'm gonna do it one of these days. Even if it's just for a few weeks...

Taqroy

So...I think I will try it again in two or three weeks...and see if I can get it even more auburny.
It should develop over a couple days too. I think it looks great!

Beanie there's stuff you can mix with the henna to have it come out more brunette. I used to do it that way. I got nothing for the smell though. That part I don't miss.

Torch I laughed entirely way too hard.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Hahaha - think this.

I'll probably do some henna one day, I keep researching about it. Maybe I'll go blonde then do henna after. :p

Members online

No members online now.