Baby Corn Snakes

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
I know I am wayyyy overdue to share these... but, well, I've been kinda busy. That's the best excuse I've got! Haha!

Anyway, the cornsnake eggs started hatching out in July. There were 16 eggs in the clutch. Of those 16, only 12 hatched. Of the 12, two did not survive past their first shed.

The good news, though, is that I currently have 10 healthy corn snake babies! I'll get to keep 2-3 of the, and the rest will be going back to Low Belly Reptiles along with their parents.

But nevermind all that. I know what you all really want here. PICTURES! LOL!

Baby #1

Baby #2

Baby #3

Baby #4
(I'm actually quite fond of this one.)

Baby #5

Baby #6

Baby #7
(This one is still a little on the skinny side as it was a fussy eater to start out. I think I've figure out it's trick, though, because it's eaten both the last two meals without issue! *fingers crossed*)

Baby #9

Baby #10

Baby #11

*DONE*

That's all of them. Thanks for looking and hope you like 'em!

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Oh, and here are pics of the parents of this clutch. Both are Amelantistic het. Cinder/Hypo/Lavender, for the cornsnake enthusiasts out there. ;)

Female

Male

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
Ohhh #5 please <3 your Amels are so light! Maybe my guy is just very saturated? I had someone tell me he looks like a sunglow got a little washed out on the bottom lol.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I totally want #6. I'm loving my girl and really starting to feel
an addiction coming on. I want more lol. I'm still trying to learn all the morphs. I totally want more snakes.

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
I totally want #6. I'm loving my girl and really starting to feel
an addiction coming on. I want more lol. I'm still trying to learn all the morphs. I totally want more snakes.
Yes, they can be addictive. Lol! But TAKE IT SLOW!!! There are so many people that join the cornsnake forum with one snake, then two weeks later they have 20+, and then a month after that they are selling them all because they are "burned out". I wish I could say I was exaggerating...

I got my first (Reggie) in April 2009. Two and a half years later, I'm up to a whopping seven corns. LOL! Just be smart and be selective, and you should be fine. ;)

As for learning all the morphs, you should check out Ian's Vivarium. It's been my favorite online resource. If you also prefer having print books in-hand, you can order the Cornsnake Morph Guide. A new edition is released every year, to keep up with new genes and discoveries. (I still only have the 2009 edition, but I think I will update that when the 2012 book becomes available.)

Good luck and have fun! :D

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
nice looking babies :D
Thank you!

Okay, you really need to send me number 10. :D

They are all adorable!
#10 really is impressively bright! It's going to be hard to pick which Amels I'm going to keep. Lol!

Ohhh #5 please <3 your Amels are so light! Maybe my guy is just very saturated? I had someone tell me he looks like a sunglow got a little washed out on the bottom lol.
They are lighter than most amels, and their parents are the same way. I think it may be because they have Keys locality corns in their lineage (where the Cinder gene first popped up).

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Wow, they're gorgeous! The only reptile I can picture myself owning is snakes, particularly corns. I've never been a fan of snakes or reptiles of any kind, but I'm growing to like them a lot more!

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Cornsnakes are pretty fun. There are certainly more "exotic" and "interesting" snakes to have, but when it comes to good pets, I have to say that corns make the top of my list. They are generally very docile, VERY easy feeders, don't get all that big, and are available in almost every color of the rainbow... depending on how much you want to invest.

Of course, there are always exceptions to the rules, but with corns the exceptions are fairly rare. :)

I had forgotten about these guys. I love #6! I've always wanted a snake, but my mom HATES snakes and my husband thinks they're silly pets, so it may be a while.

Anyway, lovely pictures

Members online