Help!!! Im confused...

Ok, so I go to the pet store to try and find a high quality food To feed my Doberman. I originally went there to see if they sell "Solid Gold - WolfKing", but they didnt carry that, only the "Hund-n-Flocken". So I went up to the desk to ask if they were able to get the WolfKing in because ive heard good things about it. The lady said she could, but then said, "There is another option". She then pointed out "Timberwolf Organics - Dakota bison canid formula" and said that it was a higher quality food than the solid gold products because it also provides vitamins and such, where the solid gold stuff does not.
Ok, so i take a panflet, go home, and do some searching on the internet. I went to their site and read the descriptions for each food, but i was a bit concerned about a certain part in each descrition..."but we do encourage the adding of meats such as muscle meats, organ meats, sweetbreads (thymus, pancreas), eggs". I just cant bring myself to feed my dog raw meat. Not that it isnt healthy, it just weirds me out. So I sent an email to them, but they werent very helpful. So i continued searching, but I couldnt really find anything as far as reviews on the Timberwolf organics products. I then posted on a Doberman site that i go to, and that led me here.

Now, my question is. Does anyone have any experience with this food? do i have to give raw meats and stuff to him?
Also, what is the quality of Eaglepack? that is another brand of food that came up.

Thanks for any replies. i really want to get my dobe off of nutro because his stomach gurgles, hir stool is massive and he doesnt seem to be enjoying it anymore.

TomAndKing

Mordy

Quigleyfied
you don't have to add raw meats to timberwolf organics, but you can if you like - just like with any other dry food, but most dog food manufacturers don't tell you that.

all commercial dog foods contain vitamins, so the person at the pet store was not really well informed and should not make claims like that to customers. she probably just wanted to sell you the more expensive food.

solid gold, timberwolf organics and eagle pack are all good quality foods. which is best for your individual dog will only be determined if you feed them for a while, so don't be afraid to try different brands and compare results. keep in mind tho that you will have to feed a food for at least 2-3 months before you will see what it does for your dog - just a few days or weeks won't prove anything.

Ok, thanks. Im going to try the timberwolf organics, if that doesnt work out, ill try one of the other two. Thanks a lot.

Saje

Island dweller
Mordy gives good advice. :) I'm sure you'll find something that works.

Mordy i know what you mean about the shop assistants, our pats at home store sells quite a range of food some good, I asked a girl what was the best food they had and she said Iams!! lol, they also sell burns and James wellbeloved, so she really knows what she is talking about

Members online

No members online now.