What's wrong with people?

again let me repeat myself. i did not say what she is doing by rehoming the dog is the wrong thing to do. what I have said and STILL SAYING is the parent should have been more responsible by WATCHING THE SON AT ALL TIMES WITH THE DOG
Could, should, would...doesnt matter. This dog will end up hurt or killed. Rehoming is the best option. Kids can be unpredictable, and all it takes is one second and the dog's life could be over. Mistakes happen, and its foolish to believe you are in control 100% of the time.

Dekka

Just try me..
If the parent can't watch 100% of the time when the son is with the dog then the dog should be either crated or tethered to the mother. Do parents watch 100% of the time when their 2 year old is outside playing in the yard?. I would think that they do and I would certainly hope they do. So with that in mind how hard is it for a parent to watch when their 2 year old is with a dog
Umm well when you are a dad you get back to me on that k?

I am glad you have all the answers. You know more about rescue than those doing it, and know more about parenting with dogs than those who have done it... Can't wait to see what you will do with this vast knowledge..

Have a nice day :lol-sign:

babymomma

Remembering Casey ♥
Hmmm.. I think I might be able to point you to a place that you would LOVE lola's dad :)

Dekka

Just try me..
I aways do (have a nice day).. my life rocks!

And I put my money where my mouth is. And yes I agree BM you should PM him that link. LD there are whole forums out there that thinks the way you do!

Doberluv

Now, now....calm down everyone. LD doesn't need to go anywhere else. He just needs a wee bit of supervision and everything will be fine. Gotta love those troll crosses. They've got such interesting and fun temperaments. ;)

Dekka

Just try me..
Now, now....calm down everyone. LD doesn't need to go anywhere else. He just needs a wee bit of supervision and everything will be fine. Gotta love those troll crosses. They've got such interesting and fun temperaments. ;)
No not to go.. but to visit. It is nice to find your fit in a forum.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
LOL.. Just as well to say it out in the open bahaha...

pets.ca lol.. Nuff said.
is that the forum with the famous lines..
"If I find a lost dog, I dont look for the owners because if they lost their dog then its their fault and they don't deserve the dog in the first place!"

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
I read a few pages of this. And I just have one thing to say. LD all I ever see you posting on here are posts that criticize others. No matter what it is, CL ads, vets, etc it doesn't matter what it is you find something wrong with it. The world is not a perfect place and never will be. Why not try being positive and constructive instead of always being so critical?

cricketsmygirl

Angels in waiting....
3 years ago I had a jackapoo given to me by a friend because she couldn't keep it. I had recently lost my girl Lola (labXPug) in a terrible accident that unfortunately could have been avoided. I met Bailey (Jackapoo) and fell in love with her. I took her home with me that night. Unfortunately after a year of trying to work with this dog she just wasn't happy in our home and I was miserable trying to take care of her. I posted her on freecycle and the next day a family came out to look at her. Their 16 year old daughter was looking for a small dog (much to my amazement, usually teens want big dogs).

Well everything went well and they took her home. To this day I still get email updates on Bailey and she is happier then ever in her new home. Although she was a sweet dog it just wasn't working for us. It happens. Even to good dog people. Remember that LD before jumping to conclusions and posting negatively about everything as you seem to do. Will you complain about me because I rehomed a dog?

Sorry but I dislike it when someone is quick to judge someone they don't even know.

ETA: Oh and on top of it all, I work for a family friends dog rescue, I don't get paid but I love to help out and I have adopted a couple dogs out for them. I've seen worse cases then you could imagine...this is stupid crap here...ALSO as a mother of 2 young children (Audree age 2 and Jacob age 9 months) living in a house with a Chihuahua sized mutt it is IMPOSSIBLE to watch your child 100% every single **** second. I don't care what you have to say about it.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I definitely think the dog needs to go to another home and that's the best thing they could do for the dog.

But how about some training for their child? how much education does it TAKE to think "Hey maybe I need to teach my kid how to be GENTLE and keep them seperated when I can't watch both closely." I just wonder what will they do if their child starts beating up on other kids lol.. give away the other kids? :p

But that being said... the dog definitely needs a new home and I HOPE this is the lesson they will remember in the future if they choose to get a pet and what kind of pet.

Our dogs came to us before Hannah so we were able to condition both parties as they grew in our homes. I likely would NOT add another dog to our household until Hannah is older.

But... dookie happens and we can't see the future. I'm glad they did this before the dog gets seriously injured or the child gets injured
^This.

I'm not sure why people are being obnoxious to the OP. Yes, people should watch their kids around any of their pets (or other peoples' pets). That's kind of a no brainer as far as I am concerned. Part of the reason that we have only 2 dogs is that I would not feel comfortable having more than that around a kid should we have one. Somehow my mom managed to supervise me with our small dog growing up. No, parents cannot watch their kids 24/7, but if the dog is getting repeatedly beaten up by the child, this appears to be a larger problem than a one time "OMG, Bobby got away from me for a few minutes and womped on the dog."

Either way, I do think that this dog needs a new home and I hope he gets a good home. I also hope that family learns from the experience and does not get another dog until the child is old enough to understand how to properly treat it.

S

Squishy22

I don't see the big deal either. They just made a bad decision. Unfortunately it just did not work out. It IS stupid to get a toy breed for a toddler. I got truffles for me, not for madison. Larger dogs with higher pain tollerances are much better suited for her. Madison is almost 2 and truffles is a tiny 3 pounds. We have put a lot of effort into teaching her to be gentle. She knows what gentle is but sometimes she chooses not to be gentle and grabs him on purpose. Yes, you have to watch them 100% of the time or they are seperated.
She knows she will get her butt busted if she intentionally hurts him. So far, so good. its not all just about teaching a toddler to be gentle because some WILL hurt animals on PURPOSE.

Members online

No members online now.