Someone is interested in the dogs!

ACooper

That is great news! Just be sure to "check them out" cause you only want what's best!

Maxy24

^^^huh?

...anyways, that's GREAT! Hopefully this turns out to be a good person for her, that would be great. Did she sound committed to fixing the eye problems (sorry if I am wrong, but she has the entropion right?)

Kayota

OMG... she won't take Baby because she has fleas and "probably has heartworm because she hasn't been dewormed." UM... if she had heartworm wouldn't she show symptoms? And even if not, I really doubt she does!!

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
HW+ dogs don't always show symptoms unless it's quite advanced from what I understand. It's a big risk taking on a dog that hasn't had any vet care, or is carryign parasites and not everyone is cut out to deal with that.

Is there a chance you can get a HW test and a Capstar tab on her on your dime? Might help in this or future placements.

Not sure what the overall situation is...so do excuse if the above does not apply.

Maxy24

Well I sorta understand not taking her for fleas especially if she has other pets, can you get her tested for heart worm? I'm not sure how much that would cost but it could change her mind, to be fair a lot of outdoor dogs DO have the disease because they get it from mosquitoes. I don't know how easy it is to get flea meds, I think pet stores carry them, even though they might not be as good as the ones the vet gives it would be better than nothing. I'm sorry this person didn't work out, the right person will come (((((HUGS)))))

ETA: Just saw your post, too bad, your mom is making things very difficult :(

Boemy

That's too bad. :( I can understand not wanting to take a dog with fleas, though, especially if she has other pets. I once took in a stray kitten who turned out to have fleas. Getting fleas out of a home is a tiring task. Advantage works, but I found it gave my cats a funny smell and an odd feeling to their fur.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
Have you tried any rescues who could help with the medical needs? It would be a lot easier than trying to rehome a dog that hasn't been HW tested and has fleas.

grab01

I'm on a boat..
Not sure if they do the same in your area, but our Petco has low cost vet services. I think the heartworm tests are about $15 (trying to remember what their flyer said)..which is much less than at the vet, especially as you don't have an office call.

Treating heartworms can be pretty expensive, so I could see not wanting to take on a dog if you have that uncertainty.

showluver

I am not familiar with the story, so forgive me in advance.
At minimum when a dog is adopted out you should be able to have a health check of some sort to have on them. Its very risky on the adopters part to take on a dog with no known vet care.
You can purchase flea meds over the counter, even the good name brands, at the pet store. My vet charges I believe $50 for a HW test.

I can understand the ladies reasonong behind not taking her though :(

Members online

No members online now.