Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I'm with Dizzy- If you're ready to TTC, then why wait until the vary last minute basically? I know our case is different, but I also know of a lot of other people who needed longer to conceive, definitely longer than 3 months. While that would be awesome, I wouldn't plan on it, personally.

At the very least, I'd start taking prenatal and charting, so you get to know your cycle.
I don't know if this was directed towards me or not, but for us, if it happens during the three months, it happens...If it doesn't, it doesn't, and we don't mind waiting until he's back home to try again. Obviously nothing is certain, but I want to try and have it so he will able to be home for the birth. That isn't something I want to do without him if at all possible. If we started trying now, and I were to get pregnant next month against all odds, I'd be going through the late stages of pregnancy, birth, and first few months of life by myself. I'll do that if I have to...but we want to try to avoid it if possible. At this point, there aren't any cons to waiting. We can try again when he's home for 16 months next June.

Definitely intend to start charting/prenatals!

Congrats Dizzy!

Also. I have a one year old. A toddler. How?

But seriously. One year olds are so cool.

And one of her trying to put my bracelet on Incorrigible Dog's head. Because reasons.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Love the photos. I've stalked this thread a long time.

I had a brilliant hormone meltdown in bed. Crying for no reason except "I'm tired and my nose is stuffy all the time" which sounded so stupid I started laughing. Crying and laughing at the same time is a skill I'm getting quite good at.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
I don't know if this was directed towards me or not, but for us, if it happens during the three months, it happens...If it doesn't, it doesn't, and we don't mind waiting until he's back home to try again. Obviously nothing is certain, but I want to try and have it so he will able to be home for the birth. That isn't something I want to do without him if at all possible. If we started trying now, and I were to get pregnant next month against all odds, I'd be going through the late stages of pregnancy, birth, and first few months of life by myself. I'll do that if I have to...but we want to try to avoid it if possible. At this point, there aren't any cons to waiting. We can try again when he's home for 16 months next June.

Definitely intend to start charting/prenatals!
It was somewhat directed at you.. But I understand, that's a big factor to, uh, factor in. I have a bunch of OPKs at home... I hope I don't jinx myself by offering them up for grabs, but if you'd like to have them, I'll mail them to you. They are not the fancy $20 for a 5 pack you get at CVS, but they work just fine. I bought a big pack on Amazon a few months ago (they won't expire until next year or the year after). All are individually sealed.

Love the photos. I've stalked this thread a long time.

I had a brilliant hormone meltdown in bed. Crying for no reason except "I'm tired and my nose is stuffy all the time" which sounded so stupid I started laughing. Crying and laughing at the same time is a skill I'm getting quite good at.
Awww... LOTS OF HUGS!! Hormones are no joke! And yeah, what's up with stuffy noses and all the sneezing all the time?!

I had my second ultrasound yesterday... Everything is moving along as it should, sprout measures at 8 weeks, which is exactly where we should be. It's amazing how it went from a little dot to a gummibear with a backpack on :D Food is starting to taste a little funny at times... And I'm getting more cautiously excited :)

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Congratulations, Dizzy :D that's very exciting.

We have officially started TTC (wow that sounds really TMI doesn't it? lol). We decided to wait until after our trip up to Canada so I wasn't sick the whole time we were visiting with "morning" sickness lol. That would have been miserable.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Omg! I'm so excited for you Jules and Dizzy! and anyone else I missed that just found out! I need to check this thread more often.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.

It's so not exciting, it's mostly terrifying and exhausting lol!!!!!

I will feel more excited after my 12 week scan on Monday I think. Maybe. Possibly!! Even though I've seen this baby 4 times already, I'm still scared something will be wrong. I remember the sonographer saying that worry kicks in early and never goes!

Might announce it to the world after my scan though, will make life sooo much easier not being secretive. Only my immediate family know currently :eek:

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Good luck, Tanya! I hope it happens quickly for you guys!

Falon and Everleigh are so adorable. I can't believe that they're both over a year old already!

Dizzy, it is true that the worries continue even after you hit the second trimester. I STILL worry and I'm sure the worries will get even worse once she's outside of me :rofl1:

We waited until 12 or 13 weeks (I believe) before announcing it to anyone (except for family and close friends).

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Is anyone else on here planning on being a stay at home mom (or already is a stay at home mom)?

I am SO excited about staying home with Nora! Of course I already have some worries and reservations, but the benefits outweigh those uncertainties.

DJEtzel

Is anyone else on here planning on being a stay at home mom (or already is a stay at home mom)?

I am SO excited about staying home with Nora! Of course I already have some worries and reservations, but the benefits outweigh those uncertainties.
I am hoping to do something similar. Work from home making collars & raising kids - maybe still do training in the evenings. :)

What sort of worries/reservations do you have, if you don't mind me asking? I am new to all of this stuff... Need to think things through!

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Also, does anyone have pictures of their nurseries to share? We're working on ours (almost done!) and I'm in the mood to see photos!

We painted Nora's nursery pink and chocolate. One wall is chocolate (the wall behind her crib) and the other three are pink. I am SO happy with how it turned out! I painted her name letters pink and they will be behind her crib.

The theme is chocolate and pink ladybugs. All of her furniture is very dark colored wood (it's called espresso). We have her crib, but we're waiting on her dresser and changing table to be delivered. I can't wait to get it all setup- it's getting down to the wire!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd

My plan is at least a year at home with the munchkin, maybe longer. A friend and I have talked about how we should open up a dog training facility with built in child care so we could do the work we love but still have the kidlets nearby for activities and maybe even homeschooling. ;)

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
well you know I am a stay at home mom :) It's the best thing I've ever done :)
My mom was a SAHM as well, and so was my husband's mom. It's something that has always been really important to us. My mom says the same thing- she never would've had it any other way.

I'm looking forward to spending every day with my daughter and getting a handle on housework and meals. Haha.

I am hoping to do something similar. Work from home making collars & raising kids - maybe still do training in the evenings. :)

What sort of worries/reservations do you have, if you don't mind me asking? I am new to all of this stuff... Need to think things through!
I've worked at my current office for 6 1/2 years and I'm hoping I don't miss it! I have a lot of freedom, great pay, and awesome benefits.

However, my husband and I both work in accounting, and busy season would be a nightmare with us both working. He works 55-65 hours a week throughout the months of February, March, and part of April... and I generally work 50 hours a week during March and part of April as well. Those months are SO hard with just the 2 of us- I can't imagine dealing with the logistics of daycare.

I'm worried about the lack of adult interaction... and I'm going to miss going out to lunch almost everyday with my husband. Although my husband makes a very good salary, I will miss having a ton of extra money to blow. I know that sounds so selfish, but we eat out a lot and buy pretty much whatever we want. We will still be able to go on our yearly big trip and will still be able to go out and do things, but it won't be to the excess it is now. Like I said, it sounds really selfish and silly- but we're 29 and 27 years old and we've gotten used to living off of two salaries.

One of my close friends who recently started back at work after being a SAHM for years said that none of those things will matter once I'm home with my child. I definitely think it will be worth it.

Muttkip

LABRADERP!
I'm so excited for everyone!

I'm on the opposite from everyone, after much discussion with my OH we chose not to have our own, and we're looking at in the next 5-7 years adopting a little girl from China! We've been discussing this or almost 2 years now and it just feels like it's the right thing to do. I have no desire to have my own children, and something about adopting feels so right for me!

I'm also hoping to be a SAHM as well.

But congrats to all having babies and planning on it!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I would love to be a stay at home mom. Financially, however, I don't think it will possible. We'll see. I'll likely compromise and continue to work part time.

Growing up, my mother was a stay at home mom. Once we all hit school age she started to work part time during the school day. I would love to do something similar. Maybe once were not on an E3 salary it will be possible! Until then...probably not so much.

It's something we are definitely going to have to discuss and figure out.

Fran27

I'm so excited for everyone!

I'm on the opposite from everyone, after much discussion with my OH we chose not to have our own, and we're looking at in the next 5-7 years adopting a little girl from China! We've been discussing this or almost 2 years now and it just feels like it's the right thing to do. I have no desire to have my own children, and something about adopting feels so right for me!

I'm also hoping to be a SAHM as well.

But congrats to all having babies and planning on it!
Good luck! I'd however get started as soon as possible... The wait is extremely long now... If you started now you would probably end up waiting 5 years (and they have a lot of very annoying requirements now as well, so definitely look into it).

I'm a SAHM and can't really imagine working because of all the sick days, days off school and whatnot... but again I wouldn't have made enough to pay for daycare when they were little either. The main issue really is the total lack of life, lol. Now that they are in school it's better though, I get time for myself and get some adult interaction, even if it's just with other moms after school while the kids play on the playground. But yes, really tough when they were little... but I guess it's different when you get two at once.

Members online

No members online now.