Critique my buyer questionnaire please

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
im gearing up to do my first breeding in like 3 years and im a bit out of the loop on being a breeder nowdays *runs around flailing and bangs into stuff*
you can view it here rip it apart please. did i miss anything vital? sound stupid? not long enough? peanut brittle?

RBark

Got Floof?
The only thing that I don't understand is the questions about breeding. Most people I've seen require more than just health testing before allowing a breeding to take place. Otherwise the questionnaire looks good.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Is it not crazy to ask them to describe all food/ treats the puppy will get? Maybe I'm just strange but my dog gets about 100 different kinds of treats a year ..and her kibble got switched 3 times due to tummy issues.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I don't think you've asked why they want a dog and what there intentions are for it.

noludoru

Bored Now.
The only thing that I don't understand is the questions about breeding. Most people I've seen require more than just health testing before allowing a breeding to take place. Otherwise the questionnaire looks good.
This.

The questionnaire looks fine.

I'd rather analyze & critique your breeding program/plans :p
I have nothing to say about the questionnaire, but. . . American Bullies? Why? Every single one I've seen has been a conformation nightmare. Maybe they've come a long way from the "coffee table" look that was in style, but after a quick look at the website, it seems like that's not the case.

If you will be breeding your American Bully, do you plan to do relevant health testing?
Oh, I'm curious about this part. What do you consider to be "relevant health testing," being as there is no health testing done on any of the dogs you've ever bred or bred to, and particularly when you are linebreeding on dogs that had and have produced severe health and/or temperament issues?

Will you be using your American Bully to cross to other breeds? (IE, Shorty Bull, French Bulldog, Olde, Brahma, "exotics")
You said at the beginning of your questionnaire that there are NO right or wrong answers to any of the questions. Does that hold true for this one as well?

I know, I know, "Shut the f*** up!"

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
For why they want a dog, I think I covered that in "What makes this the breed for you" part but if yall think it needs its own separate question I can see that :)

I would rather ask "are you going to breed" and get an honest answer so that if they have unsavory breeding PLANS i can throw them out the window. Im really trying to word this as openly as possible so that scumbags will think im hunky dory with them breeding "exotics" so that they will TELL me theyre gonna breed exotics. Im not okay with it, obviously, but i want them to be honest with me. yeah, I guess im baiting. im just trying to cover every eventuality of people who are going to be sending me this questionnaire, everything from "mugglestons bulliezzz r us" from facebook, to a first time dog owner single dad who lives down the street and has no idea what dog politics are.

the food question is to make sure they dont intend to feed dog chow or something. vague "i dunno, anything grain free" is an acceptable answer. "dollar store biscuits" is not

as for the breeding plans, id be delighted to show them off, as Im very excited about it, i just didnt think anybody would care cuz ewwwamericanbulliesarenasty nifty banner here and pedigree here

Im really trying to word this as openly as possible so that scumbags will think im hunky dory with them breeding "exotics" so that they will TELL me theyre gonna breed exotics. Im not okay with it, obviously, but i want them to be honest with me. yeah, I guess im baiting.
Ok. I'm still curious as to my first question.

crazedACD

I know that I am not totally familiar with American Bullies, or Bully breeds in general. I don't agree with the whole thing but will try to keep silent because that is just another debate in itself.

However, when I look at the dogs back in the sire and in Tori's pedigree...they do follow sort of a standard, and when you plug in 'top winning American Bullies', they follow a similar body type. I don't know what their purpose is meant to be, but they do have a 'type' I'm presuming they are meant to be. Looking at Tori, IMO, she doesn't seem to follow that type. She is really cute/pretty, and not overly exaggerated, but she doesn't seem to be breed type. So, why breed a dog that is significantly out of standard? Just because she's an intact bitch that you own? What are your goals? Are there a few dogs you can share that exemplify the breed, would you mind posting pics? I'm not trying to put you down but she just doesn't match (IMO) to other dogs of her breed.

RBark

Got Floof?
For why they want a dog, I think I covered that in "What makes this the breed for you" part but if yall think it needs its own separate question I can see that :)

I would rather ask "are you going to breed" and get an honest answer so that if they have unsavory breeding PLANS i can throw them out the window. Im really trying to word this as openly as possible so that scumbags will think im hunky dory with them breeding "exotics" so that they will TELL me theyre gonna breed exotics. Im not okay with it, obviously, but i want them to be honest with me. yeah, I guess im baiting. im just trying to cover every eventuality of people who are going to be sending me this questionnaire, everything from "mugglestons bulliezzz r us" from facebook, to a first time dog owner single dad who lives down the street and has no idea what dog politics are.

the food question is to make sure they dont intend to feed dog chow or something. vague "i dunno, anything grain free" is an acceptable answer. "dollar store biscuits" is not

as for the breeding plans, id be delighted to show them off, as Im very excited about it, i just didnt think anybody would care cuz ewwwamericanbulliesarenasty nifty banner here and pedigree here
Makes sense, good luck!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Can I ask why you've already decided to breed her and to which dog when she's not even two years old yet?

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
I know that I am not totally familiar with American Bullies, or Bully breeds in general. I don't agree with the whole thing but will try to keep silent because that is just another debate in itself.

However, when I look at the dogs back in the sire and in Tori's pedigree...they do follow sort of a standard, and when you plug in 'top winning American Bullies', they follow a similar body type. I don't know what their purpose is meant to be, but they do have a 'type' I'm presuming they are meant to be. Looking at Tori, IMO, she doesn't seem to follow that type. She is really cute/pretty, and not overly exaggerated, but she doesn't seem to be breed type. So, why breed a dog that is significantly out of standard? Just because she's an intact bitch that you own? What are your goals? Are there a few dogs you can share that exemplify the breed, would you mind posting pics? I'm not trying to put you down but she just doesn't match (IMO) to other dogs of her breed.
Youre right, she does lack type. shes finer boned than i like, and thats a problem, but she has some structural strengths that are lacking, that i want to reproduce more of, especially a long upper arm, because the lack of upper arm length in this breed is getting ridiculous and nobody seems to notice its happening. her temperament is also amazing, and thats a direction i want to go in as well. some other breeders are allowing human aggression/guardyness/bandogge behavior and are also totally fine with pit bull-esque dog aggression, neither of which i feel are acceptable. the entire bloodline of both dogs is known for producing really bombproof dogs that are even great with kids and dont need to be taught how to be.

if the worst that shes got going for her is that shes lanky, thats acceptable to me. in a breed so new, weirdness in type is gonna happen and thats okay. i would rather have a sound dog that looks kinda funny, than a typey dog that bites visitors to his home (true story, famous sire that im avoiding like the plague)

as far as what dogs i feel exemplify the breed, Beastro is one of the major ones, and hes pretty near perfection in my eyes. he carries the mass and bone that a Bully should have, while also not being sloppy and overdone or a mess. his structure is very good, his temperament is amazing, and if i can recreate him with some minor things tweaked, and continue to consistently produce dogs like that, i will consider myself on the right path. Tori is a half sister to Beastro and my future plans involve getting another female sired by Beastro and incorporating an unrelated line down the road. i am also trying very hard to avoid high COI. i would rather have a pedigree thats full of 10 nice dogs, all different, than 1 amazing dog 10 times.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Breeding isnt happening til next year, and I may push it back to the year after that depending on my life and Toris development
That's not exactly my question... let me try to rephrase it. She's not even two years old yet, so how do you already know she is worthy to breed/something you even want to breed? How do you know which dog is going to be the best to breed her to?

Since I think this is a very important question and it seems to be getting...overlooked. ;)

If you will be breeding your American Bully, do you plan to do relevant health testing?
What do you consider to be "relevant health testing," being as there is no health testing done on any of the dogs you've ever bred or bred to, and particularly when you are linebreeding on dogs that had and have produced severe health and/or temperament issues?

Saeleofu

Breeding isnt happening til next year

But

Breeding is expected to take place in March or April 2014. I strongly urge you place a deposit sooner rather than later, as four picks are already sold and I don't expect a large litter.

And

Registered Name: CBB'S MIRAGE OF DECEIT
Bred By: Lauren Schenck
Owner: Amayon Black
Kennel:
Sire: DOGTOWN'S LOCK N LOAD OF BLLY MRKT DNA-P
Dam: FROST FELL'S MASAMUNE OF BLUECAST CBB
Call Name:
Sex: female
Date of Birth: 13 JUL 2012

Members online