What does your dog do if you throw a rock?

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Sloan has always been particular about what she puts in her mouth. Which is funny considering her world begins and ends with fetch. Ahhh the internal struggles she must endure... lol

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YhJcSD0H1jI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How about your dogs? What is their reaction?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Mia chases the rock and then figures out it's not a tennis ball and comes back to me with a look that says 'Hey, that wasn't a fair trick!'

Sometimes she'll chase a few of them but not really with a lot of interest.

If you throw anything around Summer, she acts abused. lol

I ended up bringing all the rocks he wrangled home (we were camping). He'd just worked so hard for them LOL.

Red Chrome

Judge is not so delicate about his rocks as Sloan is. He bring them back quickly and holds them firmly in his mouth...much to his teeth's demise.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Mine don't care. They're very particular that they bring back the CORRECT rock, but otherwise, they'll pick anything up.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
No rocks here. Charlie likes to eat them... though she hasn't done it all summer so hopefully it was a puppy thing. And yes.. I have kept them all (she threw them up).

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Bodhi will spend hours with a rock. She'll carry them, dive for them, love them.

Her favourite game is digging them till they scoot out behind her, spin, pounce and carry on digging....
We have to be careful though because shell sometimes try and chew them.

Dekka

Just try me..
Mine don't care. They're very particular that they bring back the CORRECT rock, but otherwise, they'll pick anything up.
This is Dekka. If I chuck rocks out of the riding ring (a few work their way up) out into the forest Dekka will take off and bring me back the exact rock I threw. It kinda defeates the purpose of chucking the rock in the first place.

They can even be bigish rocks

And there is no hesitation picking them up.

Then we have Sport. Sport is obcessed with rocks. You don't have to throw them, in fact he likes BIG rocks. He screams at them. He finds one, diggs at it with his front legs all the time shrieking at it. I really need to video it. He can enternain himself with a rock for a good solid 10-15 min.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Mira will run out and find that rock and bring it back. Even if I throw it as far as I can into a gravel driveway of identical rocks.

Kim might bring it back but more likely will just look at me all "why are you throwing rocks?" Just depends on the day.

Webby will sail through the air, epically miss it flying by (not even close), then chase it down like he's gonna slay that rock. Then realize it's just a rock and look at me all annoyed like I was trying to trick him and not just tossing stones that made it into the yard back on the driveway...

M

MyHorseMyRules

Like Mira, Tempie will find that exact rock and bring it back even in a gravel driveway. That's part of why I got started in SAR.

Boone will look at me like I'm an idiot who can go fetch that stupid rock herself.

Raja will never even notice the rock. She's too busy ignoring me.

ACooper

Nothing. No love for rocks here.......he's not big on retrieving anyway though, LOL He'll bring back a ball or stick (if it's 'his' stick...not just any stick) most of the time. A rock though, nope. He'll watch you throw it and look at you like "aaaaaand that was a rock, don't even want to sniff it kthx"

Members online