Our own sports victory...

Not agility... but I am very, very proud of the mush puppies today. Fortunately I spotted these deer before they did and got in a good "whoa" and "wait"... and they did awesome.

Squash even sat down to wait until the last deer butt disappeared into the forest...

Once we got started again, he did want to try to pull off the trail at the spot where they had gone into the woods (it didn't help that we could still see them back there), but between Maisy and "leave it" we kept things on track pretty well... for her stuff like this is "out of sight, out of mind, time to get back to work" so she's a lot of help to me. Not a perfect "on by" by ay means, but pretty darn good considering the level of distraction and their relatively novice status.

(Oh and just to nip this in the bud, no they are not wearing choke collars. Those are called limited slip collars and they will tighten only very slightly.)

We will do some skijor fun runs, but most likely not competitively. Definitely have to work on passing before that day comes, too. :p

~Tucker&Me~

What are your two hooked up to in this picture? I am just curious because I see no snow :p Also, where did you get those harnesses?

That looks totally awesome, I am jealous.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Nice! And Double Kudos to Maisy for staying on track and keeping her little-big brother on the straight & narrow ;)

Thanks, all. It IS a lot of fun. Surprisingly addicting. :p

What are your two hooked up to in this picture? I am just curious because I see no snow :p Also, where did you get those harnesses?

That looks totally awesome, I am jealous.
Heheh, The plan was SUPPOSED to be to dry land train last summer and skijor over the winter, but...we barely had any snow all winter! I didn't get on my skis even once. So, more dryland training. I am on this scooter thusly...

And those harnesses are from Alpine Outfitters, but there are a number of places that sell them and a few different styles.

Nice! And Double Kudos to Maisy for staying on track and keeping her little-big brother on the straight & narrow ;)
I know, right? Who ever thought she would be the GOOD dog?! :p

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
That. Is. SO. COOL! Seriously, what fun!!! And huge congrats on the deer triumph!

Well this morning they went careening through the woods after a squirrel, so I guess they were making up for yesterday. :p

Actually, I'd rather run into 100 deer or turkeys instead of ONE squirrel... these are park deer and turkeys, so used to being around people, and they just stand there and watch you for awhile. So I almost always see them before the dogs even realize they're there and can get in my commands and brake/brace the scooter to enforce if necessary. Because the squirrels are always darting around in the underbrush and up trees, the dogs almost always see them before I do, and by the time I even realize what's happening they're off, running, and deaf. Stupid squirrels. :thumbdown:

Teal

...ice road...
Congrats on the work with the deer! Better luck next time on the work with the squirrels LOL

I miss sledding... I should get a "dry land" set up like you have!

Members online

No members online now.