thought i had to tell someone...

luvmydogs

well when i adopted my second dog from the pound, a day before euthanisia, the pound "workers" had told me this Am.staff/Boxer mix would be no good for my 2 yr old, plus he got abused, he might wanna bite anyone that touches him,pitbulls are not good with children etc etc..they didnt wanna give him a chance. i told the lady to bring him out anyways. i want to see!!! LOL . she hesitated. said he was going to be put to sleep anyways...so she brought him out, sighing, kinda rolling her eyes, and he was the sweetest dog ive ever seen. he loves my kids, especially the 2 yr old, and is very protective of the children, although i have the feeling that he would never bite without a reason. maybe a burglar or so. but..that kind of breed has been given a bad name, and to be honest i wisehd i could adopt every single dog out there, that's facing death. but unfortunately i can't. just thought i had to share..... :confused:

gapeach

Big Mutts
Wish more people in the world felt like you! It's wonderful to rescue. Thanks for sharing

Martine

Trained by an Airedale
People give certain breeds a bad name when it is the people that are bad. Sounds like you've found a wonderful friend :)

GSDFan05

Congratulations! It's terrific that you chose to get a rescue dog, that pup is definitely lucky that a person like you came along at just the right time! Best of luck, keep us updated on how things go with your new addition. :)

mrose_s

BusterLove
thats a lovely story, i hate it when people, especially poeple that should be trying to save the dogs life be so ignorant.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I got the chills reading your story. I'm so glad it has a happy ending. I want to say thank you for rescuing that dog. I'm glad he's in a good home.

B

BlackDog

I hate it when people bad mouth a certain dog breed because acople on the 10 o'clock news attacked a little kid in the park. I hate the people that buy those breeds souly for the purpose of making them mean even more!!!

I think its getting out of hand. Its not even the pit bulls, bulldogs, rotties, great danes, and german shephards anymore either. I once saw someone say to a cavalier kind charles spaniel, "I don't like that dog it looks mean" because it had the same markings as a rottie. Cavaliers are 12 to 18 pound dogs. Its getting out of control. People need to stop with the generalizations.

A thousand blessing on you and yours for not listening to that woman! I wish more people would keep their minds open and actually look at the individual instead of making a rash judgement based on the shape of a head - or the color hide.

Members online

No members online now.