Crafty people? Sewing...

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I've decided recently that I need a productive hobby. I recently for a project at work had to log how many hours of my free time I spend doing things and the sheer amount of time I spend staring at netflix is pretty pathetic.

So of course, in a moment of pure self-loathing, I bought a sewing machine on amazon that I have no idea how to use.

Anybody else starting or heavily involved in hobbies? or have any sewing tips? I like dresses....I figure it'll be my goal to make one that is slightly sort of wearable.

share!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I'm starting a sewing class in October. :D I've always sucked at sewing and my mom's lovely machine is going unused.

I already knit and crochet, and paint, and draw, and just started brewing beer at home... what's one more productive hobby? :X

yoko

I work for a fabric company and get free and heavily discounted fabric so I thought I would start sewing. I learned from my grandmother when I was younger and even made my own graduation dress so I had some knowledge.

I ended up not really staying with it. I did make a quilt before I stopped though. Its enjoyable seeing stuff you make come together I just didn't really have the time to do it on top of all the other stuff I do.

My other hobbies are video games. Playing and reselling collectables usually associated with JRPGs but occasionally I'll step outside that genre. Reading. Every two weeks I'll sit down and read a book a day for a week.

Also my town has had some corruption issues. It's not really a hobby but I'm typing all our ordinances up and putting them online and that is taking a ton of time.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
I sewed from grade primary through to second year university& also taught it.
I love it :) e one thing I find about sewing (for me) is that I need a dedicated room to have my machines, fabric, patterns set up& laid out or else I find it too much work.

It is incredibly fun& seeing what you're making come together is neat! I made my gr12 prom dress, winter coats, dog toys/ beds, pillows, entire bedroom sets.. I don't think there's anything I haven't sewed lol

Members online