How old were you when you moved out?

DJEtzel

I had JUST turned 18 a few weeks prior to moving out. I moved an hour away to a much larger city, for school. Didn't end up staying in school, never went back to live with/near my parents.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I was 19. It was very...sudden. Not planned at all. I moved to a family friend's rental about two miles away for about 5 months and then 1,000 miles away for a touch shy of a year.

I was going to school when I moved out and I did finish up my semester. However, I didn't return (though plan this September). I've got no regrets, though I do wish it had been under different circumstances.

Oh, my dog came with me and sadly my horse was sold before we went West.

RBark

Got Floof?
I was 16 when I moved out to live on my own in an apartment belonging to a bunch of college kids.

I was 19. Not planned at all and last minute decision. Moved in with my now husband:)

Went to college from home and dont know if I wouldve counted a dorm as actual moving out (as you still go back home for breaks etc).

I did the college thing for 4 years after high school and lived about 3 hours away. Then about a month and a half after I graduated, I got married and lived 2 hours away. I liked living 2-3 hours away. I do not like living 9.5 hours away, but I think there is a weird thing that happens in the 7-12 hour range. It's short enough that it could be a day of driving back home, so you feel compelled to go back for 'things'. But it's a full days drive, so you spend 2 days of your trip in the car and are grumpy about it

milos_mommy

I moved out for 3 or 4 months at age 19, but when I couldn't find a job, I came home (I moved about 1.5 hours away).

I moved out again a little less than a year later, at 20. I was going to school, but I didn't live there. I worked and lived at home to save up money to pay rent for my first year (saved up since high school ended, so for 2 years), and worked through school.

I moved back home two years later after spending 3 months hospitalized. Then I got pregnant, and decided to stay home. So now at 23, I'm living back with my parents.

I'm not sure when I'll move out again, but it'll most likely be before my 24th birthday. The living situation isn't bad at all, but I do want my own place again.

I'd say close to half of my friends between the ages of 20-25 still live at home. Two of my mom's siblings lived with their parents well into their adult lives (well, moved back home in their late 20s/late 30s, and stayed for an extended period of time).

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I was 23 and I moved out of my dads in London, Ontario to Harrisburg, PA about 9-10 hours away to live with my husband

SpringerLover

I moved away to college when I was 18. Graduated and moved back in when I was 22. I moved out again (for the last time) when I was 24.

k9krazee

Just shy of my 18th birthday I moved 2.5 hours north for school for 4 years, then a couple hours south of their house for another year of school and settled in where I work/live 45 minutes east of them.

Picklepaige

Not "all the way" moved out, but I got an apartment in the town I go to college at at 20 (last year). It's about an hour away from home, and I still come back to my parent's for vacations and some weekends. I'm a full time student without a job, and most of my friends/family/pets/everything else I love is still in my hometown, so I really only stay at my apartment for school.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I moved out last August, when I was 21. It was about 30mins away from my parent's house, but in the city I grew up in - my parents are just rural!

Next year we'll be moving far away - hoping for Mississippi due to being able to drive home in a day, but it may be California. That will be rough.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Went to college about an hour away at 18. Lived in the dorms but came home for weekends all the time. So I don't really count that.

Actually moved out (about 45 minutes away) when I was 22 to an apartment with roommates/friends.

Moved back home at 24 with a corgi and a Malinois in tow.

My poor parents. :D

I'm hoping to be out again within a year or two, hopefully in some kind of house. I had awesome landlords but renting/apartment living was not for me so much.

CaliTerp07

Moved across the country for college at 18. Never moved back. It's about 8 hours (and $450) of flights to go home, so it only happens once a year :(

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
22 and still at home! Don't think I'm anywhere near close to being able to afford moving out. Finished school 2 years ago. Working full time.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
First time was 18 for college 400 miles away then I moved back in at 22(?) to take care of my mom when she had cancer. I also stayed with family a few months right after college was over and between jobs. That sucked. Lol

Can't wait to buy a house.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Well I bought my house when I was 28...
I'll let you know when I finally get to move into it.

Members online

No members online now.