Still pondering small breeds...

Red Chrome

My good friend has a Boston that she runs in agility. And Jitterbug(the Boston) comes from health tested and titled lines. She is much more of a bulldog mentality than a little dog. She is extremely driven and a wonderful dog, she is dog aggressive but from my understanding that is not typical of the breed. Her parents were titled to UD titles in AKC. I believe the kennel name is WyNot. I need to double check that. Jitter is tiny, less than 10 pounds. You can see pics of her on my Facebook. Watching her in agility is amazing, she is an amazing agility dog and trains with Barb Davis regularly. She has never had a problem with overheating and it gets warm here.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I agree with JRT or Rattie. Almost all the dogs I'm extremely drawn to at our local dog adoption are either JRT or Rat Terrier mixes. I fell IN LOVE with a wire haired JRT mix this weekend. OMG she was the sweetest little dog. And she was hoppy. :) she was pogo-ing when someone took her out to walk her. Aww!

Panzerotti

A little larger than your size range - Schipperke?
Schips are cool little dogs. A friend of mine has had a few over the years, and they can keep up with her Mals and AmStaffs on bush runs. I don't know how representative they are of the breed, but they do agility, flyball, obedience, and have really nice temperaments.

Sparrow

I really love Schipperkes! There's one that does agility around here, and from a distance he looks like a teacup black bear. :D They are really neat dogs.

I tried to sign in but it's giving me trouble... I'd love more information about this breeding though...
http://www.wmratz.com/ here is Meta's site the breeding is between RPK's Pitch Black not owned by her and/or Warren Mtn Killer Queen Bee "Ginger" / WR's Queen Bee @ Warren Mtn "Honey" I dont think she has completely decided yet personally I am VERY excited to see what they produce, Im a huge Ginger fan.

Hillside

Original Twin
You missed the cuddling and off switch... right? :p

and basically I want a mini Sloan, she's easy going, can play with dogs, is driven and can work in any drive, can meet strangers and although aloof she's stable and confident, she also can chill and sleeps with us/can be left loose, etc.

Oh, I don't know, all of "my" Malinois have pretty awesome off switches and K and I theorize that cuddling is a genetic trait. Nico, Honey, Zoey and Lacey are all big on the cuddles. :p

Denis said no to hairless, but how hairy are you willing to go?

Sparrow

Has anyone mentioned a Powderpuff Chinese Crested? I think they top out at 10lbs? Small but athletic. They seem like such friendly little things.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I'm intimidated that a jack will be wild with no cuddling off-switch. LOL Funny coming from a malinois owner but the reality is I have one nutterfutz dog named Backup and basically I want a mini Sloan, she's easy going, can play with dogs, is driven and can work in any drive, can meet strangers and although aloof she's stable and confident, she also can chill and sleeps with us/can be left loose, etc.

As for Jacks will they be good with dogs and do they have a down time chill/cuddle talent? I'm sure the rest would apply. Plus I want a puppy and I want a girl but we're closing on a house/remodeling a kitchen in a few weeks meaning my puppy funds are low so I was shooting for spring to have the money again so the timing may be off.
The lines that Siri is coming from are both of those things. Otherwise she would not be coming to live with me.

And some forget Hairless breeds can always be hairy as well ;) Have you thought about Intermediate Xoloitzcuintli? I am completely a standard person through and through but I know TONS on Mini and Inter breeders, now not many in the US breed to FCI type including temperament but there are still some very nice ones here and a lot in Mexico and Europe that are still sturdy little sport dogs (I even know a few breeders doing IPO with their standards ;) )

Grab

I've liked every Border Terrier I've met...which is saying a lot, as I'm not a terrier-y person:p Also love Cairns. Miniature Poodles are pretty awesome as well, if you don't mind poodles.

Frankly, though, I think you need a Nog:p

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
And some forget Hairless breeds can always be hairy as well ;) Have you thought about Intermediate Xoloitzcuintli? I am completely a standard person through and through but I know TONS on Mini and Inter breeders, now not many in the US breed to FCI type including temperament but there are still some very nice ones here and a lot in Mexico and Europe that are still sturdy little sport dogs (I even know a few breeders doing IPO with their standards ;) )
I have a good friend who's a Xolo owner and after talking I don't think they're my style of dog, although I think they're awesome.

Bigpoodleperson

Megan and Draco
You should totally get a border terrier! I love those little brown dogs, and I am So not a terrier person! Plus, I badly want one and I could live through you for awhile. :D

k9krazee

You need a Crossbone!

Or a Border Terrier. I've loved every one I've met & it was on my list for a dog, but OH vetoed them because their faces/eyes look "too human".

Members online

No members online now.