Is your dog a wimp?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Mia is the biggest wimp. It's pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Today she was running around really fast and ran into the open x-pen door. All I see is Mia going full throttle to the back room then a clang and crash and then lots and lots of yelping and crying like my dog had just killed herself.

The worst though is if something 'gets' her. Like... a stick gets stuck in her hair. Or... something gets stuck on her leg. Or... around her neck. Instant screaming and squealing and carrying on. I kid you not, she will scream like she's being murdered if she gets a stick stuck in her butt hair.

It's so embarrassing.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I found her earlier hiding in the kitchen.... because Ella had gotten out of the living room and was checking out the hallway LOL

Really though, she's not a wimp, just a drama queen. Everything that happens is the end of the world.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Drama Queen is a great descriptor for Mia.

'Oh my god, there's something stuck in my fur! It's going to KILL ME!'

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
LOL! Fable is kind of a drama queen. She doesn't like being contained in any big way. She whines and grumbles like a bear cub all day long and she screeches having her nails done, being held when she wants to resume tearing things up, and God forbid I have to take a piece of cactus out of her paw. If Millie gets cactus, she comes over to me and lifts her leg because she knows I'll take it out and she can be on her way.

The first time Fable got cactus in her paw I had to hold her upside down and clamp her back legs between my knees. :rofl1: I'm surprised no one called AC on me, lol, but holding her still or having her lie down was just not working and I didn't want her to get it in her mouth. Cactus is way harder to get out of a tongue than a paw pad.

Millie's a trooper. No drama, well, unless I take Fable somewhere and not her.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Nope! Juno is an absolute bull in a china shop and seems completely oblivious when she rams into things and whatnot.

A couple weeks ago we were at the park, and she must have stepped on something or got something jammed between her paw pads, because all of a sudden she was limping and running around on 3 legs. So I'm yelling at her GET OVER HERE so I can examine her foot and she's all LALALALA I'M STILL RUNNING. She just... wasn't going to let a silly little injury ruin her fun.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Nope! Juno is an absolute bull in a china shop and seems completely oblivious when she rams into things and whatnot.

A couple weeks ago we were at the park, and she must have stepped on something or got something jammed between her paw pads, because all of a sudden she was limping and running around on 3 legs. So I'm yelling at her GET OVER HERE so I can examine her foot and she's all LALALALA I'M STILL RUNNING. She just... wasn't going to let a silly little injury ruin her fun.
This is Frodo. A couple weeks ago I threw a treat badly while we were outside and he ended up going face first into a fire hydrant :eek: he yelped in surprise but then went back to trying to find the thrown treat.

Just earlier this week he was chasing a fly and slammed into the SAME hydrant (my apartment complex has a real life fire hydrant in the potty area, lol) and came up limping pretty badly on a front leg. Completely unfazed. While I was feeling up his leg he was trying to steal food from my bait bag :rolleyes:

The only time he is a wuss is when we do nails, then he screams before the clippers even touch him. He also screams through scissoring the hair off his feet >.<

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Oh, I meant to say that Fable isn't a wimp when she rams into things or anything. She runs into walls and furniture, jumps/trips over the water bowl, knocks things over onto herself, etc. Not even a blink.
But bring the nail clippers out or try to pick her up and it's time to scream bloody murder.

Saeleofu

Oh god yes. Y'all should have been there when we had to pull blood and put an IV catheter in Logan for his dental. You would have thought we had decided to go ahead and pull the tooth with no anesthesia :rofl1:

Michiyo-Fir

LOL Nia too. If you tried to clip her nails with a clipper, even before you touch her nail she yelps and whimpers like you've cut her.

At the vet for little jabs that most dogs don't even feel she screams and screams.

Barbara!

Chevelle is the kind of dog that if you raise your voice, she cowers, but she can run side first into a metal pole and keep running...or split open her ear and not even notice.

Malyk and Penny are middle ground.

Baloo, while absolutely fearless (once stuck his face in a bee hive), is a HUGE titty baby when it comes to pain. Touch his ears? He screams. Pull the leash? He screams. If another dog steps on him in the backseat? He screams. Big ole' baby.

elegy

overdogged
If we come across a box left on the curb or a balloon tied to a sign or something that wasn't there before, Steve about has a nervous breakdown about it.

But physical injury, not wimpy at all. He's torn huge holes in his feet and I didn't know it. He actually pretty stoic about all kinds of medical stuff.

Luce is pretty non-wimpy about everything, although she gets shakey going to the vet anymore. But she's cooperative and stoic and a very good girl.

Mushroom gets very bitey very quickly about painful things. He had a sore on his toe awhile ago that he just about took my hand off over and he had to be muzzled for the vet to look at it.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Mia's funny in that if she just runs into something randomly, she'll scream. But if you throw the ball and she runs into something she doesn't even seem to notice.

Summer's a little bit of a drama queen too but not quite as bad. She's really sensitive about the way you pick her up. If you grab her on the side, she squeals.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Kim is a drama queen. Complete with screaming, exaggerated limp, etc. You have to actually step on her foot (for instance)...even if you almost step on it but catch yourself in time she will make a huge fuss about how you almost killed her lol.

Web is not a wimp but he is pretty vocal. If it's something by another dog or human (running into him for instance) he'll make a huge fuss and tell you off of nearly killing him. If it's something environmental he mostly just moves...if it really hurt he'll yelp.

Mira is scary stoic. She once had a thorn stuck in her paw and didn't yelp or even limp...but when she delivered the retrieve she lifted her paw a little sooner than usual so I checked it and sure enough, blood and thorn. Same when she tore her pads off skidding across gravel. When she was 11wks old (home a week) she licked the inside of a just-opened 400 degree oven and didn't even yelp...just sat back and flicked her tongue and didn't do that again. Between that and she kamikaze retrieving style I'm always really paranoid that she's going to do one of her big water entries and eviscerate herself...and as though that wouldn't be bad enough she'd probably still try to finish the retrieve. So I am diligent about checking shorelines and only swimming her where the water is clear enough to check for dangerous submerged objected.

Sox is such a big wimp about things that totally aren't scary, but things he SHOULD be wimpy about, he isn't.

Bubble wrap is the scariest thing ever. When the cats walk near him, the expression on his face is total fear. Whale eyes and everything. The absolute worst thing? The noise his tags make when they hit the stainless steel water bowl while he's drinking. He jumps 5 feet in the air and spills the water EVERY TIME. I'm also pretty sure he thinks that acorns falling from the trees are the squirrels taunting him.

Ronon is scared of t-storms and fireworks and doesn't like strange people touching him, but otherwise, nothing really fazes my dogs. They are all pretty tough and getting hurt doesn't really bother them.

Casper I could take a hack saw to him and he would just sit and look at me. He is true to his Dogo roots and shows no pain/no fear. He has a rock solid temperament. But he is also stubborn to the core (another Dogo trait) and will continue on even though he is in pain or severely hurt.

Jack is too stupid. I mean I had a foster dog killing him and Jack didn't even make a peep to get help or act like anything happened afterwards even though I'm freaking out. It didn't even faze him. He just went on like nothing happened, not that a few minutes prior he was in the jaws of a very powerful dog being squeezed to death.

Pongo is rough and tumble dog, despite being a little fluff ball. He is still tough at 15 yrs old!

Rocky is also rough and tumble- he is a Frenchie! He is built like a Tonka truck and can withstand anything! :)

Members online

No members online now.