Please send good thoughts to my dogs, I'm terrified.

TahlzK

Just to clear things up, it was NOT my brother looking after the dogs. I'd never leave him to look after them. Serenity dislikes him and goes after him at times. I'd never trust him. He has lived away from home for years now.

When I mentioned my brother feeding the dogs, I meant my other brother is isn't a idiot.

Barbara!

That.

You say "how was I supposed to know this would happen?" and then go on about you know your brother does stupid things. A pet of mine would NEVER be left in a house with people who make poor decisions. EVER. I'd take them and live on the street before that happened. I'd cancel vacation before that happened.
I know that my family can be pricks, but that still doesn't make me think that they would be RAIDED by the POLICE while I was gone...

yoko

Just to clear things up, it was NOT my brother looking after the dogs. I'd never leave him to look after them. Serenity dislikes him and goes after him at times. I'd never trust him. He has lived away from home for years now.

When I mentioned my brother feeding the dogs, I meant my other brother is isn't a idiot.
I wasn't talking about the non idiot one either.

If the idiot one was there my heart dog wouldn't be.

I get how hard it is sometimes. I've only been on one vacation in the last 7 years because I refuse to go on one without Yoshi. I know sometimes you just have to go do things with family and friends but you still need to be responsible enough to make sure your dog is with trustworthy people when you leave.

Even if someone responsible with their life is watching your dog if they live with someone who isn't that still isn't a great situation. I'm not saying you could plan for THIS but you knew enough not to let the other one feed her. For me if I don't trust them to feed my dog she isn't staying their either.

TahlzK

I wasn't talking about the non idiot one either.

If the idiot one was there my heart dog wouldn't be.

I get how hard it is sometimes. I've only been on one vacation in the last 7 years because I refuse to go on one without Yoshi. I know sometimes you just have to go do things with family and friends but you still need to be responsible enough to make sure your dog is with trustworthy people when you leave.

Even if someone responsible with their life is watching your dog if they live with someone who isn't that still isn't a great situation. I'm not saying you could plan for THIS but you knew enough not to let the other one feed her. For me if I don't trust them to feed my dog she isn't staying their either.
My idiot brother lives 40 minutes away. He hardly ever comes to the house. What he did, it still affects us because everyone thinks he lives at the house. I should have planned for that, just in case but it never crossed my mind since he hadn't been to bad lately. He is 28 and living away from home.

I guess this is a lesson learnt, never leave the dogs at home because of some retarded brother. I left them at home because I know Serenity would have preferred that then a kennel but a kennel may be a safer route next time. I don't plan on traveling again for a few more years so I'll have better plans in line next time.

yoko

The way I read it, the idiot brother does NOT live there and hasn't for a long time?
Eddie; We've known for ages my brother is screwed up but we couldn't really do much. He hasn't even been living here for a very long time. We just didn't expect him to be this stupid. Next time I go on Holiday.. The dogs will be boarded or I wont be going.
He may not have been there long but he's living there.

And despite a ton of people's hate for cops they don't raid houses just because someone doing something stupid has hung around a few times. If he's their enough to warrant a house raid I would still feel he's there too much.

TahlzK

He may not have been there long but he's living there.

And despite a ton of people's hate for cops they don't raid houses just because someone doing something stupid has hung around a few times. If he's their enough to warrant a house raid I would still feel he's there too much.
Everyone thinks he lives at the house, all his mail is sent here so everyone checks our house first. That is the only reason. I don't blame the cops, I personally want my brother sent away before worse things happen, I just don't want my dogs hurt for no **** good reason.

yoko

I know mistakes are made. But most of the time if they are actually raiding a place they actually have seen and verified that someone is hanging around an area before saying 'hey lets raid the house'. My cousin works with the special ops team in the city near us. I asked him about it and he's said they make sure to actually see someone go in and out of a place multiple times. The mail thing isn't accurate and they know it.

These aren't debt collectors. These are actual police officers that are going to raid the house. They have to check, double check and triple check before they raid a house. They can't just say 'oh look mail goes here that's the house'.

I know a ton of friends my age *25* and older who still have mail going to their parents home.

So if he has done something and legitimately does not live with you and you are just going off the 'his mail comes to our house' I really don't see a raid happening.

If he does live there and they have a real reason to raid other than his mailing address matches then even though you aren't there it's your responsibility to get your dogs out. You say you have a friend who can get them out. If you really do and this is a real concern don't wait, don't pray everything stays ok, call them and get your dogs out of the dangerous situation.

Couldnt you call the cops and give them access to search? Therefore, no raid? Have your friend watch the dogs, leash them, whatever while the police come?

I am a bit confused too...were the dogs just left on a zipline or loose the whole time?

TahlzK

What you've said makes me feel a bit better. He does visit the house still at times, I don't know how much that matters.

I'm trying to get in contact with my friend, she isn't picking up right now.

TahlzK

Couldnt you call the cops and give them access to search? Therefore, no raid? Have your friend watch the dogs, leash them, whatever while the police come?

I am a bit confused too...were the dogs just left on a zipline or loose the whole time?
I didn't know that was a possibility. I could but I'd need to get away from the family first since I'd be in a lot of **** for doing that.

Sunny was left to roam the yard as he can't leave the yard. Serenity was left on the zipline since she can jump the fence.

TahlzK

Well, they both stayed in the kennel and behaved last night so I am happy to hear that. If my friend can't do anything, at least I know they'll be safe.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
This. This, this, this. They need to be **** sure he's living in the house and is there to raid a house. They don't go around willy-nilly raiding random houses in case he may live there. It just doesn't happen.

If he lives elsewhere, they know.

Barbara!

This. This, this, this. They need to be **** sure he's living in the house and is there to raid a house. They don't go around willy-nilly raiding random houses in case he may live there. It just doesn't happen.

If he lives elsewhere, they know.
That's not necessarily true. My neighbor where I used to live used to have her house searched on a regular basis because of her drug dealer boyfriend, who didn't and never did live there. Idk where you live, but where I live, it will and most certainly does happen.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
That's not necessarily true. My neighbor where I used to live used to have her house searched on a regular basis because of her drug dealer boyfriend, who didn't and never did live there. Idk where you live, but where I live, it will and most certainly does happen.
Took the police 4 years to be able to get enough evidence to raid the people two houses down.

They weren't able to get enough evidence to raid the house 2 doors down in 3 years. She had a growing op in her backyard.

Kayota

There's no reason to be getting all accusatory with the OP, she had no idea this was going to happen and she clearly thought her dogs were in a safe place. It isn't her fault and no one is helping her or comforting her by being that way.

Barbara!

Took the police 4 years to be able to get enough evidence to raid the people two houses down.

They weren't able to get enough evidence to raid the house 2 doors down in 3 years. She had a growing op in her backyard.
Not all places are like that.

There's no reason to be getting all accusatory with the OP, she had no idea this was going to happen and she clearly thought her dogs were in a safe place. It isn't her fault and no one is helping her or comforting her by being that way.
Good post.

Members online

No members online now.