Teething puppy chewing himself

Pompadour is teething and he stared to pull his own hair off :( , mostly in front of his right hock,

And he chews his nails, he scratch his face with his paws and against the floor, and chews his ears.

I give many toys for him to chew, he likes them but he still does the other stuff.

I try to distract him when he does this, but he still insist.

Doberluv

I don't think the teething is what's causing him to chew on himself. It sounds like possible allergies....he may be itchy. Does he have plenty of mental stimulation and exercise? He could be frustrated or bored. But my first thought is a medical cause and a vet visit would be in order. I hope this doesn't persist.

He stared the hair pulling like 3 days ago.

Previously he had a case of ear mites, the vet says he is cured but they caused dandruff mostly on his ears and base of the tail.

The vet gave him a shampoo that has sulfur and pills called equilibrium ages from bayer.

Doe to the criminal situation I can't walk him everyday outside my house a man in a motorsicle stole the purse of my sister's friend, and other person stole a piece of my brother's car.

but we take him to places like malls where he walks for at least an hour, we take him 3 times a week, and he go to his handler classes 2 times a week that are one hour long.

At home he gets lots of toys, kongs, nylabones, other plastic chews, tennins balls and plushies.

I play with him everyday with the balls and tug of war.

I'm going to ask the vet, sadly is closed in weekends.

He could have a food allergy. What are you feeding him?
He is in pro plan small puppy, mixed with pro pac lamb

I stared the pro pac one month ago and the pro plan 2 and a half ago.

Last week I gave him a bit of cottage cheese.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
how is the weather? more pollen in the air? have you started to use anything diffrent in cleaning products for the house? any type of laundry soap for her bedding , even a new type of shampoo for him?

all of that can trigger allergies.

how is the weather? more pollen in the air? have you started to use anything diffrent in cleaning products for the house? any type of laundry soap for her bedding , even a new type of shampoo for him?

all of that can trigger allergies.
He has a new shampoo that is the one the vet gave him for the dandruff.

The weather is rainy, they are some mosquitoes and bees.
We had seen him trying to hunt down bees, maybe one sting him and he is allergic?

We don't have new cleaners but I'm not sure wish type they use at the malls where we take him :(

Arrg! I hate vets from here, they are so irresponsable!

I went to the accorded hour and it wasen't open , minutes later an employee came asked me who I was looking, I told her it is the vet and she told me very rudely there wasen't any appointment made in my name (when I DID called yesterday to make it) and that I made a mistake and called to another clinic, and that the vet wasen't going to come until the afternoon.

My sister was with me and she told her it wasen't possible since I have their phone number and have taken the dog before to the clinic.

Then she told me to return in the afternoon and gave me an hour, then when we where going out in the afternoon at the hour they told me, they called me saying that the visit was going to wait and that the vet COULD come in an hour, I asked her if she could call me when he comes, but she told me she couldn't know for sure.

I called an hour later and she said the vet didn't went to work today :rolleyes: and gave me an appointment for tomorrow.

Arrr!! I'm so angry!!! thank God this is not an emergency or else my pup would be death now. :mad:

At last we could go to the vet!!

Yesterday there was a massive strike and the people took some roads so we couldn't go :(

Today in our visit the vet said it looks like an allergy cause from bug bytes, most surely from bees.

And said his skin is irritated, so he gave us some pill to relieve the itching and the skin. :)

Update!

With the pills the vet gave him he is a lot better, he stopped chewing his pars and pulling his fur. :hail: :hail: he was sleepy a few days from the pills but is mush better.

However in this latest days we saw him going after those big ants, I'm not sure how they are called in english but they are like 5 times bigger than normal ants and have a big head. is like the 3rd one in the left of the upper line this picture File:Atta.cephalotes.gamut.selection.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yesterday he was after one, I tried to tell him to spot but he cried before I got near him :rolleyes: now he has bites in his front paws sigh... when he is going to learn? :eek: at least he is not chewing and pulling the hair again, but he licks them sometimes, when he does it I try to distract him and he stops.

Today I found the hornet's nest :eek: is a small one, it was in a low area so I already poised it, we need to wait until they are gone so we can get down the nest.

Members online