Holy Dog fight batman!

Saje

Island dweller
I came home last night and immediately took the dogs down to the lake to play. Well, apparently Mikey had been pissing off the other two during the day. Mav really hates it when Mikey whines and Nanook has just had it in for him ever since her last heat.

Well, they both went after him. They both had Mikey by the scruff of the neck and were doing the death shake. I grabbed Nanook's tail and pulled her off of him. But Mav would NOT let go and was dragging poor Mikey into the lake! He was one peeved dog! So I yelled and stomped after him and he let go. And Mikey slunk off. :(

Nanook wouldn't let Mikey near me either so he had to spend some time being shunned from the group. I'm quite sure that it's because he's a whiny little brat and doesn't shut up. They both get mad at him for that.

And then when we got back to camp I took another look at Nanook and her brown eye was swollen almost shut, there was blood on the side of her face and several strips of hair taken off the top of her head!!! She's ok. It's not too serious but she sure looks pathetic.

Of course, ultimately it's because they have just been tied up for about a week and that's just not good for everyone's mind but I think we are going to get insurance on the old beater and can move in tonight. Cross your fingers! 160acres will get things back on track!

Doberluv

Whew! sounds like you had yourself some trouble. I do hope things will level out for you and the dogs. They can be so perplexing sometimes.....and VEXING!

filarotten

Fila the love
It must be in the air. From Canada to Texas. Roxie and Brutus both ganged up on Maggie twice. Maggie started it though she is so testy. Had to pull Brutus off of her yesterday. Luckily Roxie minds well, she went and laid down. It has been raining here off and on for the last two days and everyone is bored. Even me. I am sure the 160 acres will do wonders. Poor babies they need some space. Getting on each others nerves.

Saje

Island dweller
Yeah for sure. They need to RUN and frolic lol. I really hate tying them up but I don't really have any other option. Hopefully we'll be able to take them out there this afternoon. They'll meet COWS :eek: and be able to have a grand ole time lol

Saje

Island dweller
lol that's a funny picture. You can come here and try that :D I can always pull ONE of them off. It doesn't stop the fight at all. The other two just continue. And if I let got of the first one - thinking she's calm - and grab another the first one just jumps right back in.

:) That's what our vet recommended for when the girls get in a tussle....then you take the dogs and give them a timeout lol.

Saje

Island dweller
Yes I just hope they don't come home with more doggy black eyes!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Her poor face! Victor ran into a wire and put a gouge right under his eye and i thought that was bad....fighting is bad business,,i hope things settle down soon. I can't stand for my puppies to be hurt. When mary tore her breast while she was nursing i couldn't stop my eyes from dripping no matter what. You tell them Smkie says that's enuff of that..and she means it!

Saje

Island dweller
Well we took them out to the farm today and they disappeared. they came back when they called but they must have had to run a long ways. They herded the cows away from the house. What heros :rolleyes: And now they are safely locked inside. They were practically giddy! I'm so happy they aren't tied up.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Yeah, it's gotta be something in the air. All the daycare dogs are going crazy and taking the dc supervisor with them. She's usually got the patience of a saint and the past couple of days she's had to call one of us back there to relieve her for a few minutes while she gets her head back on straight.

Saje

Island dweller
Well, I can't wait to get home and let them out again. It's fun to watch. I call them and they come running and running and running and running. lol I'm sure they'll be much better after they get all the kinks out.

Members online

No members online now.