Im goin crazy

moxiegrl

I have my 4yr old niece until Sat. b/c my sister went on a cruise, and she is driving me crazy! She is this "attitude" phase and everything is stupid, dumb, and she can pout like no tomorrow. Generally speaking, she's a great, sweet kid but she is makin me go nuts. Between playing referee between her and the dog, telling her NO MORE CANDY, and gettin her to go to bed, Im exhausted. She just walked up and smaked me on the hand with a laughy taffy stick and mustve hit a nerve because it hurt like a b!itch!

Im her fav. person in the whole world, but between being pregnant, taking care of the house, and watching her Im ready to collapse! Just had to vent.

Take to the movie store and rent her a bunch of her favorite kid shows.. maybe she'll be glued to the tv until your sister comes back :p

Or.. maybe you could take her to a park, swimming, movie theatre, or make up silly games. If you have a Hobby Lobby or Micheals where you live maybe you could buy stuff to make fun crafts. I know kids that age LOVE making crafts, epecially girls... but if all else fails I'd do the rent a bunch of movies thing.

Good luck!! :D

A

Angel Chicken

OH goodness! MY 2 year old is in that same stage. I feel for you!

Thank God Robbie comes home and deals with them after supper.

I'd go with the movie thing, I know that will work!!

LOL.....it's so like that when you're not used to having small kids around ALL OF THE TIME!!!! I feel like that when I baby sit for one of my friends....she has an 8 yr old, a 4 yr old, and, two month old twin!!!! YIKES!!!:eek:

moxiegrl

Well she's finally asleep. As far as the movie thing goes, I rented Barbie Fairytopia on MOD, and had my bf pick up her favorite Trollz video. Although I had to tell her he didnt get it b/c she was being so obnoxious. She goes to camp during the day from 9-1, so I get a small break. But Wow! Its a lot more difficult knowing Mommy's not goin to pick her up in the morning!
I was so lucky when Aaron came home and took over b/c all my nerves were shot. Not to mention I went to the dentist today and my mouth is killing me! And all that "loud talking" to her didnt help!

T

tessa_s212

Wow! Hitting! I HATE that.

I once had a little kid that liked me alot hit me with something. He thought it was funny. I did not. I didnt' yell, but I did tell him "You DO NOT hit people like that," and removed all attention from him altogether. He was chasing me around trying to get me to react to him for the longest time. It wasn't until he asked me why I was ignoring him and I saw that he was sad that I sat down and explained to him that people don't like being hit. It hurts. And he apologized. Good kid...bad parents..arg!

I'm exhausted after 4 hours of watching my neice and nephew. And they're complete angels...well, my nephew is, anyways...I can't imagine babysitting for any longer than a few hours!! Kids are too tiring.

in my experience 4year olds like being swung around by the ankels but you`re pregnant and probly not up to that.scary movies make them go quiet but will stop them sleeping if they`re too scared.So I`d like to suggest watcing 2 videos,the first one scary and the second one comedy/adventure so she remains captivated by tv for 3 hours but goes to bed thinking nice thoughts.
I haven`t any kids myself but I hope this helps.

moxiegrl

pocket warmer said:
in my experience 4year olds like being swung around by the ankels but you`re pregnant and probly not up to that.
LoL...No but I will tell the bf to do so! More like hanging her up by her ankles. So far today she has been good. 2 days left 2 days left....We're going out to dinner tonight and more then likely she'll fall asleep on the way home so one thing out of the way.
What scary movies could you recommend for a 4 yr old? I already messed up my nephew by letting him watch Bride of Chucky a long time ago..he is still terrified of that doll. :( oops.

I know it`s an old film but salem`s lot scared me s***less when I was a kid.
Sorry this is a bit late I been working wierd hours and slept most of yesterday lol.

moxiegrl

LoL its ok! Thanks..But Megan went home yesterday my sister got back from her amazing cruise. Thanks everyone!

Members online

No members online now.