What do you feed your dogs?

What food do you feed?

• Total voters

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Mine get Taste of the Wild. I'm thinking of switching to something else to possibly try and get more weight on Payton but I really dunno what to switch to. I may have to make some satin balls or something, but then Auggie is going to get all pissy that P is getting something he's not, so Auggie will have to get a little something too. *eyeroll* Maybe Auggie can get some chicken while P gets the satin balls.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Teagan gets Prey Model raw here, occasionally she will get kibble. Like if I was too lazy to grab some raw out of the freezer the night before.(like today)Or if we are back pack camping.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Dry. Juno is on Acana, Lucy is on Fromm. They get a couple tablespoons of wet food here and there as a treat on top.

All 3. Everyone gets kibble, right now it's NV instinct LID lamb for Jinj, and Fromm pork&applesauce for Enda and Noods.

They all get some Raw, Enda more often that everyone else, for miss picky, but on rare occasions I'll give Noods some Raw chicken parts (only form of Raw he can eat, red meats make him throw up instantaneously, it's weird), Jinj gets beef as a treat every now and then. I just don't have the resources or funds available to do full raw.

And I also make my own cooked wet food to mix all of Jinjo's supplements and pills in every meal (cheaper than canned, and I control what does and does not go in it for Mr. allergic to darn near everything), and being the kind of owner I am, they all get some.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Frodo eats Canine Caviar Open Sea as food and Stella & Chewy's Freeze Dried Beef as treats. Other than chews like bully sticks, that is pretty much it due to allergies. It kills me to not rotate him or be able to feed raw/canned.

Whiskey eats Blue Buffalo Kitten + random samples/free bags I get from work mixed in, he gets 1.5 ounces of canned (a whole bunch of different cans) + 1/4 cup warm water twice a day for moisture, and now Amber said I can start him on raw which he is taking to like a champ! For raw we are currently on Nature's Variety Instinct Raw Duck Bites, and I plan on picking up a bag of the Beef and the Chicken, as well as a sample pack of Primal. My theme is ALL the variety because I can't stand picky animals, especially cats! :p

The rat girls eat Harlan Teklad 2016 plus fruit/veggie baby food and anything we eat. I got to take home a veggie platter from our store opening fun night and so the girls are in hog heaven :D

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
A little bit of all three.

Mostly dry. Supplement with raw organs and RMBs once or twice a week. Sometimes mix in wet food such as tripe, pumpkin or blends just for a treat.

Red.Apricot

Elsie gets Canidae pure-land right now (it's one of the few kibbles she hasn't had issues with) and Zobby gets kirkland (he does really well on it, and, as my boyfriend pointed out, it's a huge step up from the kibbles 'n bits he used to get). The both get a raw meal a week, usually poultry.

SpringerLover

I feed canned on occasion but it's not something I buy just to give as part of a meal.

My cats eat canned once a day and dry once a day... because boy cats and moisture.

Toller_08

Dance eats raw. Mostly ground raw for convenience. But she gets some whole raw as well.

The Dobermans eat kibble. Right now they are on two different kinds of Acana, but that might change. Ripley has a crappy coat/skin (prone to a yeast thing, allergies, etc.) so I want to see if a different food will make a difference at all, eventhough he does fine on Acana otherwise. And Keira needs to go back to Grain Free as her body is not thriving on a grain inclusive diet like it was on GF. So we might go back to Pacifica, but I want to try something else first.

The Dobes always get water added to their kibble also. And often I'll add water to Dance's raw too, just to make sure she's getting enough (unlike what pro raw people say about dogs drinking less on raw, Dance seems to need just as much water or more on raw vs. kibble).

I also have been buying them canned food lately as more of a treat than anything else. They all split a can or two per week, just because they think it's the best thing ever. Sometimes if I have raw red meats thawed for Dance I will also give the Dobermans some (they can't do turkey or chicken though, so it has to be beef/bison/venison or the like).

Last edited:
My dogs get half canned, half kibble in the morning and half raw, half kibble at night. I switch up brands a lot (perks of working at a pet food store), but for example...this morning they got PureVita GF Salmon dry mixed with Lotus Beef canned. For dinner they'll get PureVita GF Salmon dry mixed with Primal Pheasant raw.

The cat gets dry food (Earthborn, Fromm, or PureVita) in the evening, and canned food (Tiki Cat, Fussie Cat, or BFF) in the morning.

Saeleofu

Primarily kibble, occasionally supplemented with raw or canned. If someone has an upset stomach they get canned chicken and pumpkin for a couple meals. Logan's eaten everything from chicken and pumpkn to FreshPet and Pet Botanics rolls over the last two weeks because he couldn't eat dry kibble after his tooth extraction, and he refused to eat just soaked kibble

I do add water to their kibble every meal.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Raw, EVO & orijen kibble, grain-free canned, people food, veggie trimmings... whatever they'll eat. Lol

misfitz

Ruddy Buttinski
A combination of ground raw, RMB's, and canned Merrick Before Grain. And lots of Zukes training treats and probably too many leftovers LOL.

I was doing whole prey model, but after cutting up one too many 15 lb turkeys into meal size portions for my 25 lb dog, I now feed ground raw. *shudder* at the turkey butchering memory...I love my raw supplier, their ground mixes are around $1.50 - $2.50 /lb, way cheaper than anything I could buy at the grocery store.

monkeys23

Prey model raw for my doglets.

My picky little cat eats Wellness Core kibble and whatever she catches. Yes she's wormed regularly. ;)

Members online

No members online now.