CM gets bitten... again (vid included)

JessLough

Love My Mutt
The point is. Most of you are bleeding hearts. I am not.
I would NOT under any terms risk that dog being around ANY children. THAT IS AN OPINION, WHICH IS WHAT FORUMS ARE SPECIFICALLY CREATED FOR.
No, according to you forums are ONLY for YOUR opinion.

I love when people shout that opinion **** out, cause it means they know their points are invalid

Lyzelle

Really. Professional as in google?
I never said my kids feel anything... who's putting words into who's mouth?
My kids are taught to respect all creatures, they most likely know more about dog body language then you do.
I'm saying my kids aren't PERFECT. To add onto that my daughter is special needs.
So that is YOUR responsibility. Not the dogs'.

And no, as in professional, as in most of these people do it as a career.

rubygirl

God-forsaken. Because idiocracy is directly related to a lack of religion. ;)

And he is abusive, mentally so. He pushes dogs, bullies them, and leads them into a life of constant anxiety and fear. That's abuse in my book.
Hs dogs all look well fed, well behaved, well mannered, and respectful. They are mentally and physically stimulated and they look VERY happy.
Yeah daddy was absolutely miserable in his last days :rolleyes:
Wouldn't stress have lessened his livespan? They say stress is one of the biggest killers.... why did he live to like 16 or whatever?

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Really. Professional as in google?
I never said my kids feel anything... who's putting words into who's mouth?
My kids are taught to respect all creatures, they most likely know more about dog body language then you do.
I'm saying my kids aren't PERFECT. To add onto that my daughter is special needs.
Who teaches them to respect all creatures? Certainly not you, considering you're so quick to say that a dog should be strangled for something that isn't its fault.

Someone who respects creatures doesn't call RGs "POS's", doesn't keep saying how invaluable they are, etc., etc.

Yep, I think stuffed animals would be the best way to go. You won't have to worry about getting one that's a POS.

rubygirl

So that is YOUR responsibility. Not the dogs'.

And no, as in professional, as in most of these people do it as a career.
No doubt about it. I take care of responsibilities. That is why my dog doesn't resource guard or have any aggressive tendencies.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I realize that there are numerous reasons for a dog to bite. I readily admitted that Cesar was pushing that dog. I still feel that the dog was very low threshold... she didn't just bite she attacked. I'm sure it could have been prevented but I'm glad it happened to Cesar and not that little 18 month old baby.
I keep hearing comments like- "well, if parents were allowing their kids around the dog while it was eating then maybe social services should be called". What if the situation was that the baby dropped a piece of his/her food and the dog "claimed" it and attacked the kid?
Or what of the RG is transferred onto toys (then you'll say don't leave dog toys down) well what if the dog claims one of the baby's toys as her own and attacks?
The point I'm trying to make (and have been trying to do so with much attack) is that walking on eggshells around a "family member" isn't fair. It is not in ANY WAY worth the risk. This dog proved that she has a low bite threshold...
If it were my dog, I still maintain that I would have her put down.
If people want to risk it with their aggressive (known manbiters), so be it. I would consider that more of a reason to contact officials for a child's safety...
Flame away... lol
Ok, since you gave the ok... LOL...

I dont have kids, but i was one at one time & i know how kids can be... dogs (excluding those with medical conditions or mental afflictions... which should be seen by a vet anyway)

any abnormal aggressive behavior should be looked at by a vet, you's be surprised how a abnormal thyroid can alter a dog's behavior. what if what you see as unprovolked behavior was really a medical condition that you didnt address? if i were anyone facing a bahavior problem i would want 'all the bases covered' before i proceeded with the thought of 'oh, this dog is dangerous'

forgive me for saying but your assessment of the dog's reactions shows that you dont know dogs as well as you think you do, that dog was pushed, a LOT & warned... a LOT before she finally bit & when she did, CM only had one puncture in his hand & a few lacerations on his hand. to me this is a dog with incredible temperment & bite inhibition, only using as much force as was nessessary. dogs dont WANT to hurt us, we make them when we do stupid things like this.

say the dog was you at a resturant; the waiter sets your plate in front of you, a yummy plate of whatever your fave meal is, then some stranger jabbs you in the neck with his fingers & tries to take your plate away... wouldnt you have something to say about it? woudnt you ask him to stop? what if he didnt listen? i bet you'd try to push him away, if that didnt work you'd push harder til he backed off... thats what poor Holly did... she pushed, but since she uses her teeth, not words or hands she is seen as this vicious rabid animal & iots sad :(

there are ways to get around this, feed her in a crate behind a closed door NO ONE is allowed in thre until she is done. afraid fo her guarding treats or dropped food? teach her a solid leave it. sit on the floor & hold a treat in your closed fist, have another behind your back. wait til she stops messing with your fisted hand (it may take a while for them to figure it out) & looks at you, praise her (i use 'good leave it!' in a happy voice) & give her the treat behind my back.

once they master this i move to treat on the floor, i just make sure that the value of the reward is better then the food on the floor while they are learning this.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
No doubt about it. I take care of responsibilities. That is why my dog doesn't resource guard or have any aggressive tendencies.
"Take care" of responsibilities. Sure, if you keep cycling through dogs to find one that is "worth" it, you're sure to eventually find one that doesn't RG or show aggression.

rubygirl

Who teaches them to respect all creatures? Certainly not you, considering you're so quick to say that a dog should be strangled for something that isn't its fault.

Someone who respects creatures doesn't call RGs "POS's", doesn't keep saying how invaluable they are, etc., etc.

Yep, I think stuffed animals would be the best way to go. You won't have to worry about getting one that's a POS.
When did I say they should be strangled? Quote that. I said sarcastically that my husband would break a dogs neck if it were to bite my child. He wouldn't do that but it's life would end.
There are many worse things then death....

Lyzelle

Hs dogs all look well fed, well behaved, well mannered, and respectful. They are mentally and physically stimulated and they look VERY happy.
Yeah daddy was absolutely miserable in his last days :rolleyes:
Wouldn't stress have lessened his livespan? They say stress is one of the biggest killers.... why did he live to like 16 or whatever?
Dogs don't typically live to 16. Most rarely get to 10. And yes, looks are everything. :rolleyes: So it's perfectly okay to bully someone as long as they LOOK happy. Until they bite. You know, because then they are mentally unstable.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
When did I say I did that now? Quote that as well.

Heck, even if that dog bit me or my husband I would kill it (my husband would just break its neck without another thought).
Maybe that's ego or anger but I don't really give a d@mn.
Okay, you said break it's neck and not strangle it. Both are terrible.

Look, I don't advocate Cesar Milan. I don't care what he does. He is the one that wants to keep aggressive dogs alive and rehabilitate them or whatever.
I wouldn't do it. I would euthanize and move on to the next. Eventually one will find a dog worth owning for 15 or so years.
Oh yeah, for not "advocating" Cesar, you sure are posting like you love the guy.

rubygirl

Ok, since you gave the ok... LOL...

I dont have kids, but i was one at one time & i know how kids can be... dogs (excluding those with medical conditions or mental afflictions... which should be seen by a vet anyway)

any abnormal aggressive behavior should be looked at by a vet, you's be surprised how a abnormal thyroid can alter a dog's behavior. what if what you see as unprovolked behavior was really a medical condition that you didnt address? if i were anyone facing a bahavior problem i would want 'all the bases covered' before i proceeded with the thought of 'oh, this dog is dangerous'

forgive me for saying but your assessment of the dog's reactions shows that you dont know dogs as well as you think you do, that dog was pushed, a LOT & warned... a LOT before she finally bit & when she did, CM only had one puncture in his hand & a few lacerations on his hand. to me this is a dog with incredible temperment & bite inhibition, only using as much force as was nessessary. dogs dont WANT to hurt us, we make them when we do stupid things like this.

say the dog was you at a resturant; the waiter sets your plate in front of you, a yummy plate of whatever your fave meal is, then some stranger jabbs you in the neck with his fingers & tries to take your plate away... wouldnt you have something to say about it? woudnt you ask him to stop? what if he didnt listen? i bet you'd try to push him away, if that didnt work you'd push harder til he backed off... thats what poor Holly did... she pushed, but since she uses her teeth, not words or hands she is seen as this vicious rabid animal & iots sad :(

there are ways to get around this, feed her in a crate behind a closed door NO ONE is allowed in thre until she is done. afraid fo her guarding treats or dropped food? teach her a solid leave it. sit on the floor & hold a treat in your closed fist, have another behind your back. wait til she stops messing with your fisted hand (it may take a while for them to figure it out) & looks at you, praise her (i use 'good leave it!' in a happy voice) & give her the treat behind my back.

once they master this i move to treat on the floor, i just make sure that the value of the reward is better then the food on the floor while they are learning this.
Well next time when a waiter comes to take your plate away try lunging at them and bite the, repeatedly. I think they might smack you the f**k out.

rubygirl

Okay, you said break it's neck and not strangle it. Both are terrible.

Oh yeah, for not "advocating" Cesar, you sure are posting like you love the guy.
I think that his methods are made such a HUGE deal just because people are soooooo over sensitive. It is a DOG.
When you are on your deathbed you will not be thinking "how's my dog" lol
Death has a way of making you prioritize your life, I'm saddened that that's what it takes for people to wake the hell up.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Gotta love the hyprocrisy!

I think that his methods are made such a HUGE deal just because people are soooooo over sensitive. It is a DOG.
When you are on your deathbed you will not be thinking "how's my dog" lol
Death has a way of making you prioritize your life, I'm saddened that that's what it takes for people to wake the hell up.

rubygirl

The way you talk just shows you don't respect dogs. So don't try to act like you respect all creatures. If you respected dogs, you wouldn't be so callous with your wording.
If I didn't respect dogs then I would hurt them. Killing is the end. There is no pain. That's far more repectful then keeping a highly fearful dog, a cancer riddled dog, a dog that has a serious neurological issue alive etc, alive.
In this case- a man biting animal.

Members online