This Pit Bull Site?

RD

Are you dead yet?
Ugh, I hate the look of those dogs. Where's the athleticism there? They're just ego boosters. Decorations. :mad:

I do, however, LOVE the beautiful boy that adopt just posted. He looks like a baby (thought I saw puppy teeth in the first pic) Is he? Talk about a sweet face.

Thanks for your input everyone. I was just so bored today and came across the site from the bargin book. I thought dang, they are huge, i've never seen a pit bull that big, maybe thats the way they are supposed to be. But then i realized nooo. People say that steriods are often used as well. But not sure.

mrose_s

BusterLove
i don't really like the look of the puppies on the forst site... i dunno what it isn. they just don't look right to me

Miakoda

Thanks for your input everyone. I was just so bored today and came across the site from the bargin book. I thought dang, they are huge, i've never seen a pit bull that big, maybe thats the way they are supposed to be. But then i realized nooo. People say that steriods are often used as well. But not sure.
Check out www.apbtconformation.com ;) An APBT is actually a medium sized dog & although there are no actual weight standards, the average APBTs way in between 25lbs & 65lbs 70lbs is a very large APBT.

Chrissy&B

Being a European I was always wondering what the difference between Americal Staffordshire Terrier and a Pit Bull was. The 2 breeds are not very popular over here, though you do see some nice AmStaffs at dog shows..... mostly of Italian breeding. There are some really nice ones, very muscular and strong. We don't crop the ears though, because in most EU countries it's against the law and you couldn't enter any shows.......

This is the one who looks like a mix: This is our new stud "Azzurri Blu aka "Rhino"
Sire: Imperial's "Low-Low"
Dam: Infamous Imperial's Knotty Dread
"Rhino is pictured at 11 months and is showing a lot of potential. He's SHORT, thick & his head is 22 inches and growing.

I too question how many of these "breeders" mix with EB as well because that is the size, weight, height that EBs are.

RD-He is the biggest baby of them all *l* although he is full grown. He is about 55-60 lbs and as big as he is going to get. I would guess him at 2 years old? They were going to euthanize him after being available for only a few days, just because of his breed. And from what I understand a lot of shelters wont even adopt them out. He gets along well with dogs, and people. He is very easy going and laid back although still very active. He is actually still up for adoption ;) although him being the first dog I have personally rescued, I am going to be very picky about who he goes to (not to mention his spectacular personality). A very nice lady with a local PB rescue pulled him for me.

Honestly I wish we didnt crop ears in this country either. It is a personal opinion but dogs look "friendlier" to the general public without cropped ears.

LinkLinx

Staffy Smile Addict
I never said I agreed with their breeding, and I understand the Razor's Edge line just as well.

However, I do know that not all stocky dogs from this breed are absolutely mixed with something else. As far as using the English Bulldog in the breeding, maybe I missed something said earlier, but I highly doubt that's the case.
Mastiff breeds seem to be popular to mix these dogs with.

Check out www.apbtconformation.com ;) An APBT is actually a medium sized dog & although there are no actual weight standards, the average APBTs way in between 25lbs & 65lbs 70lbs is a very large APBT.
WoW, that's what is going to explain it all. That is an amazing difference. The way these pups are, they are so nice, tall, slim but built properly at the same token. I can't believe that. Those people thinking that they are bettering the breed standard?! Hmm... I'm sorry for believing them. I was completely wrong. Now I am going to say that I love all dogs the same, those dogs on the "bad" sites are just as beautiful in my mind due to the fact i love the four legged furry kids, but what the "breeders" are doing is wrong. They are clearly building them down. Thanx Miakoda for the lovely site.

S

savethebulliedbreeds

I would have to agree with everyone else here. Those breeders are a disgrace. And the dogs are WAY too wide/low/stocky, their heads are way to big, overall the dogs are a mess. I really hate seeing people breed dogs like that. It makes me mad. As someone already said, these dogs are supposed to be athletes not cinderblocks. YUCK!!! Run as far away in the other direction as you can.

squirtsmom

A true dogman or woman would never advertise as a Christmas present, or let the pups go like that. Also the APBT is not bred just for looks, but other attributes as well. Go to pitbullcommunity.com, and let them educate you. There is so much more to responsible breeding, and I don't know that much, only what I havae picked up from there. It is like this forum, very informative, and that is basically specific to the APBT.:) :)

Miakoda

Being a European I was always wondering what the difference between Americal Staffordshire Terrier and a Pit Bull was. The 2 breeds are not very popular over here, though you do see some nice AmStaffs at dog shows..... mostly of Italian breeding. There are some really nice ones, very muscular and strong. We don't crop the ears though, because in most EU countries it's against the law and you couldn't enter any shows.......

Back when, the AKC refused to recognize the APBT because of the word "Pit" as they wanted nothing to do with the reminder of the breed's history. Therefore, the dogs were registered as AST's. As time went & goes on, in general, the ASTs are bred solely for looks & for the conformation ring whereas the APBT is bred for working ability (therefore form follows function). Although some still cross the two, over 70 years of selective breeding has divided the two breeds as 2 distinct dogs.

As for this comment:
As far as using the English Bulldog in the breeding, maybe I missed something said earlier, but I highly doubt that's the case.
My statement about RE dogs being "pit bulls" crossed out to the EB came directly form Dave Wilson's (the founder of the line) mouth. He said it, although it was often already suspected. Many of those dogs are claimed "low riders" with God awful shoulders & horrible elbows with enourmous heads.

LinkLinx

Staffy Smile Addict
I don't follow Dave Wilson closely enough, but what I read, I just had never seen that. It upsets me too much to know that he runs such a money grubbing club for people who are just as hungry for profit as him.

Kurby

ride.or.die
Chul :)

Everybody already said what you need to know. And yes they are wayyyy too big to be a purebred APBT. Did somebody mention those kind of "pit bulls" have wayyyy too many health problems?.. yup yup thats true. If you have any more questions regarding this breed you can PM me anytime, if I cant help you I will find somebody who can :)

yuck, more overdone razor's edge dogs.
Oh yeah. Yuck's the word. I cringe to think what they are asking for those mutts. Less is more with a good APBT breeder/kennel- you won't see flashing lights and brass bands announcing pups for Christmas.

http://www.jovanspittclan.com/

This is a site of some Pit Bull breeders that live near my city. I found the site in the Bargin Book. Check it out and tell me if you think they are "good breeders" to me they look like they are truly bettering the breed. Also check out the links of other Pit Bull breeders sites. Do all Pit Bull breeders teach the dogs to attack an inatimate object viciously? There are some videos that the breeders took and posted on their site. Let me know what you think. They are really beautiful dogs. They look like the perfect example of the breed from back in time. Gladiator dogs.
Thank you for first asking about this kennel- had you never asked we never would have gotten to steer you clear. Choosing an even-tempered and true standard APBT, then responsibly owning one, is not possible unless you do a lot of homework. The APBT should NEVER be bought on impulse or without a lot of knowledge going into it. Again, thank you for not yet falling into trouble due to lack of knowledge and furthering damage to the breed.

I don't find them attractive AT ALL, all that fat and width. Blargh. Some people have posted some pics of lovely pits here that I have enjoyed very much and those are not it!

As for the breeding stand, it's .. interesting (do not read that as condoning it!). I don't imagine she'd be held for very long - I say it's interesting because we hold mares to breed them - call it handbreeding, sometimes you have to hopple them so they don't kick the stallion.. not that dogs kick, obviously, but I would be interested to hear a dog breeder's thoughts on this.
Hey, muggies mum sure sounds like good people to me! I am very flattered by your distinction between those dogs and the true APBT. Your compliments to the breed are appreciated and valued.

As for the breeding stand- I'm unqualified to answer. We use breeding stands for horses too -:p Occasionally even for horses that won't stand for palpating or general vet exams, they are handy dandy things.

Muggie'sMum

Mistress Wigglebutt
LOL Thanks, LB. I try to have an astute eye about things. I like an athletic looking animal and that just looks so unnatural - you can tell, when you look at pictures of APBT's, what they are MEANT to look like.

I never said I agreed with their breeding, and I understand the Razor's Edge line just as well.

However, I do know that not all stocky dogs from this breed are absolutely mixed with something else. As far as using the English Bulldog in the breeding, maybe I missed something said earlier, but I highly doubt that's the case.
Mastiff breeds seem to be popular to mix these dogs with.
Here's the link, read it...

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2006/102006/10062006/226864/printer_friendly

AS PRESIDENT of Razors Edge and one of the founders of the American Bully, I am appalled by your Oct. 3 editorial "Bully for the bulls?" Your statements are not only offensive but inaccurate.

The "Back 2 the Bullies" convention to be held tomorrow at the Fredericksburg Expo Center is not for the "celebration of the pit bull" as you allege; it is for public awareness of the American Bully. This is a new breed created more than 15 years ago, and it is a separate breed from the "pit bull."

We blended different breeds together to obtain certain desired traits. The American pit bull terrier was one of the breeds whose lineage is in the background of this breed, but it is by no means the only breed behind it.

Even the part of the lineage that is American pit bull terrier stems from United Kennel Club-registered conformation show dogs! There is also an American Kennel Club-registered show breed in the lineage of this breed called the American Staffordshire terrier. Some breeders even included some bulldog lineage into their breeding. This breed has been established for over 10 years now.

The American Bully Kennel Club was created for the registry and promotion of this breed. These dogs have extremely mellow demeanors and were bred for the purpose of companionship. If you had researched the breed or the event, you might have learned more about what you were falsely commenting on.

We have been hosting these shows for more than four years now and have a great track record with major cities all over the United States. These events have all been a success, and people continue to request them in their areas. We have people flying in from all over the United States, and even confirmed guests from Japan, Italy, and the Philippines.

These events have been amazing for bringing all types of people together from all over the world--all races and all genders. The amount of public support has been overwhelming. For this area, the event is also helping the local economy. Three major hotels in this area are sold out, not to mention all the restaurants and pet stores that stand to gain business. Major pet stores, pet-feed companies, rescues, animal shelters, attorneys, and other organizations and individuals are backing and sponsoring this event.

To talk about this event in the context of young girls murdered by a serial killer is sick. How do you think the families of those children feel seeing that incident brought back up and being used in association with a dog show?

Then to talk about a sanctioned dog show in connection with a mauling by a pack of dogs running at large? The dogs that mauled Dorothy Sullivan weren't even pure pit bulls. But whatever breed they were, the tragedy has no correlation with this show. The poor woman who was mauled deserves more respect than to be brought into a commentary about a dog show. This entire editorial was plain sick.

At our event, the local animal control office maintains a booth with a donations box set up for its shelter. Also with booths are dog-rescue organizations that inform the public about all the dogs being put to sleep in shelters. Also at show we have a task force that seeks to bring to justice illegal dog fighters. We have a lady who runs programs in the low-income areas of major cities, and who helps underprivileged children through working with dogs.

We have five nonprofit organizations manning booths. As people from all over the world come to our event, we even have the local police department working there to ensure the safety of all patrons and participants.

At our event, nothing illegal is being promoted, permitted, or advertised. We have done no wrong at all. Our event simply seeks to certain promote a breed in a positive way.

Your editorial misinformed the public about the nature of "Back 2 the Bullies" and the breed it highlights.

DAVE WILSON of Spotsylvania County is president of Razor's Edge, the main company sponsoring tomorrow's Back 2 the Bullies convention.

Tahla9999

I guess I have to be the oddball here and say that I think they look cute. I think EBs look cute too.

They are not APBTs and people are now starting to call them by their true name and thats American Bully. I known people who have american bullies and they LOVE their dog. The dog itself is very nice and a big cuddler.:D

Believe it or not he can run. He is quite playful too. I don't like the seriously mutated looking ones. There just sicking.. I find it mean when people call these dogs ''hippos'' and other names and I know American Bully owners find it insulting as well. You might not like the breeding but get over it. These dogs are here to STAY. There are now ALOT of American Bully lovers and I don't see them disappearing anytime soon. I now accept them as a breed because they now have their own clubs. I don't like it when people call them APBTs, but the true name is spreading quickly. Labradoodles aren't going anywhere either.:p

I say just accept this human friendly breed..

Members online