Stephy's midnight musings/updates

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
Honestly, I think your way more bent out of shape about this phone thing than the OP is.....
Probably so . But hate that Chaz is becoming a horrid place . I was part of a gang up thread years ago and regret it to this day. Search out the Pam puppy debacle. I was a viscious bitch and helped run her off and regret that I did that and made her feel that away. So everytime I see the same thing happen ,it gets my hackles up.

S

SevenSins

Don't complain in detail on the web about being penniless and people won't post suggestions, both friendly and unfriendly, for getting out of that state. Problem solved.
Yes, exactly.

You don't know EVERY detail of someones life from the internet. Just sayin'
Absolutely, but on the internet, we only know people by what they post. That means if you post pages upon pages detailing how you're so broke and miserable that you can hardly afford to wipe your own ass and are waiting for money from friends, then turn around and post about your $80 cell phone bill, that might just raise a few eyebrows.

Easy peasy don't clicky if ya think she is a liar .
Yes, bogart, that's definitely the most intellectually sound piece of advice I've heard thus far. :rolleyes: That attitude is exactly why a certain notorious sighthound person has been allowed to run rampant on other forums after being outed on this one.

Twin_Dogs

p.s. not to say you're a dog Steph. LOL. You're actually very pretty. Well, wait! Dogs are pretty too. Okay, I mean...*tries to get foot out of mouth* what people mean when they call another person a dog. But you know what I mean, right....a metaphor wasn't it?:lol-sign:
Oh so you guys met in real life? Or you've seen her real life photo? Coz if you are saying she's very pretty because of her profile pic I'd have to agree. Coz that girl in the pic is one of my personal fave. Very talented as well :) can't blame Steph for being a fan. :)

Red Chrome

Chaz USED to be the kind of place where this was manifestly not true.
I'm really not trying to be rude. I think her situation sucks. I'm just saying there are some things that can be changed by her that may make her life easier.

S

SevenSins

So you're saying that Chaz used to be the kind of place that believed everything they read on the internet, never questioned or challenged inconsistencies in others' stories and allowed individuals to potentially prey upon other members? If that's the case, I for one am glad I didn't become a member until fairly recently. I was under the impression that this was one of the few forums that has always given that freedom.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
Yes, exactly.

Absolutely, but on the internet, we only know people by what they post. That means if you post pages upon pages detailing how you're so broke and miserable that you can hardly afford to wipe your own ass and are waiting for money from friends, then turn around and post about your $80 cell phone bill, that might just raise a few eyebrows.

Yes, bogart, that's definitely the most intellectually sound piece of advice I've heard thus far. :rolleyes:
Ya see that's one thing. I don't try to sound intellectual. I know how smart or dumb I am. No one has to point it out. Why are you here ? I am sure she has heard you think she needs a shrink a hospital and a job. Why keep typing The same thing over and over and ruining each new thread

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
But hate that Chaz is becoming a horrid place . I was part of a gang up thread years ago and regret it to this day.
The truth is Chaz has ALWAYS been this way. You just said yourself there was a gang up thread years ago. Same ****, different day, many of the same players though some would like to pretend that's not so.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
The truth is Chaz has ALWAYS been this way. You just said yourself there was a gang up thread years ago. Same ****, different day, many of the sayme players though some would like to pretend that's not so.
Now that you say that , it is true. Maybe now I have changed and don't want Chaz to be the way it is. I dunno. I do know how great Chaz can be and the ugly garnishes the great. Maybe that is why I have a problem with it now. I don't want to restoop to that trashy level.

Ya see that's one thing. I don't try to sound intellectual. I know how smart or dumb I am. No one has to point it out. Why are you here ? I am sure she has heard you think she needs a shrink a hospital and a job. Why keep typing The same thing over and over and ruining each new thread
Well if you don't like what people have to say you can always ignore them. :)

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I think this is far more about talking to those trained and qualified, not those who're friends.

There is a time and place for venting to friends, a situation as dramatic as this, homeless, prostitution, suicide, and whatever next weeks episode brings us, is not it.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
The truth is Chaz has ALWAYS been this way. You just said yourself there was a gang up thread years ago. Same ****, different day, many of the sayme players though some would like to pretend that's not so.
Now that you say that , it is true. Maybe now I have changed and don't want Chaz to be the way it is. I dunno. I do know how great Chaz can be and the ugly garnishes the great. Maybe that is why I have a problem with it now. I don't want to restoop to that trashy level.

S

SevenSins

"Why are you here?" LOL I'm here because someone posted on an internet discussion forum, and I felt the need to add my opinion to the discussion. If you only want people to comment who are in agreement with you, perhaps the question should be, "why are YOU here?" You're more than welcome to talk via private messages or simply not post yourself. There's that thing about perception again; Perhaps I think that you're "ruining" the thread by essentially telling people who don't agree with you that they should keep quiet because their views don't matter.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Honestly it really upsets me to see people being led on and allowing themselves to emotionally involve themselves with a situation that, whether true or not, seems to fuel itself on the reactions.

Does my post not hold value? Why should I choose to not respond? Is your post being more valuable than mine not "trashy"?

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Thing is, Stephy has been given the tools and advice on how to better her situation.

She is STILL not wanting to help herself or her situation until after the new year. She'd rather sit on here and complain.

Look, if someone posted about how their dog was peeing blood we'd all tell them to go to the vet ASAP. If they continued posting about doing nothing, we'd get upset. And if this person wrote poems and drawn out threads about how upset they were about their sick dog, we'd be like "enough is enough already! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!". She knows what she needs to do, and it's going in one ear and out the other. If she took all of the time she's spending on here and put it to good use rather than writing poetic complaints, she'd probably have a job.

Twin_Dogs

Since you think she is a liar , why are you here ? Does her post affect you ? (Grammer Nazis is this the right affect? Lol )

And yes broad plans are ok to post about . She has , get a job and get a place and get her dog back. I know people post threads on getting his or that job vibes , but I would never
Because I feel it would jinx it. Superstitious , yes but I don't care.

Yes whining as you put it is totally acceptable. A lot of people do , have you seek The venting thread? We are all whiners in there. :lol-sign:
So, if whining is acceptable...

LET ME JUST WHINE ABOUT WHAT IM READING... :lol-sign: this is totally acceptable. I'm no longer just giving my take on the post, IM WHINING ABOUT IT. :rofl1:

And besides, I wasnt really off topic with my first reply. She talked about the value her dollar... I just reminded her that she does not mind spending $80 on her phone....

Doberluv

Thing is, Stephy has been given the tools and advice on how to better her situation.

She is STILL not wanting to help herself or her situation until after the new year. She'd rather sit on here and complain.

Look, if someone posted about how their dog was peeing blood we'd all tell them to go to the vet ASAP. If they continued posting about doing nothing, we'd get upset. And if this person wrote poems and drawn out threads about how upset they were about their sick dog, we'd be like "enough is enough already! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!". She knows what she needs to do, and it's going in one ear and out the other. If she took all of the time she's spending on here and put it to good use rather than writing poetic complaints, she'd probably have a job.
You make a good, logical point. I've, in fact become exasperated, impatient and down right nasty to people in the past when they came asking for advice, our replies were concise and they'd listen very nicely and go out and do precisely what they want. :rofl1: It's true. I admit it. I've been known to be quite ornery at times with certain individuals. That impatience, I'm not proud of.

But I guess the difference for me is that no one ever gave me any indication that they were suffering themselves so much with depression and hopelessness. In this case, I feel like Steph is in a fragile frame of mind and her circumstances are teetering on the edge. She's mentioned suicide. That is not something to take lightly and play around with someone's feelings NO MATTER WHAT. She has been given some pointers and has actually made a few changes according to the posts. I think she needs to be gentled along, not bombarded with criticism. Someone suffering from emotional issues doesn't always operate to an optimum, logical way. They just don't function perfectly until they reach a certain level of confidence and gain a little happiness.

And I agree, professional help is a good idea. It's hard to face up to, to get around to finding out about it but not a good idea to put off Steph. I'd find some organization, which can help you in various ways, emotionally, financially. It's a matter of getting online or making a phone call. Don't procrastinate. ;) You'll feel so much better once you get some of those organizing chores behind you.

I think this is far more about talking to those trained and qualified, not those who're friends.

There is a time and place for venting to friends, a situation as dramatic as this, homeless, prostitution, suicide, and whatever next weeks episode brings us, is not it.
Venting doesn't preclude doing the other, and venting does help some people to work things out in their own minds so they can gather up some momentum to follow through.

Too, there's always the handy-dandy ignore button, or just not clicking on threads.

Have to wonder if some of the pissing (absolutely not directing this at you, AI, I get the feeling you have sincere concern :) ) doesn't have more to do with "no one's doing what I say to do" than it does with really giving a rodent's rear about the person.

Members online

No members online now.