Hedgehog!!!!

I've got a hedgehog with a gammy leg in my spare hutch. A neighbour had spotted the poor little fellow in their garden. We phoned a friend who works at a sanctuary and she said to bring him home and give him some dog food and water and an old pillow case to sleep on. We are taking him to the vets tomorrow. I hope he is going to be OK! He seems to have settled in OK. Wow is he a noisy eater LOL. My fella has called him snuffles. He has the cutest little face

I have been told to make it VERY CLEAR to the vet that if Snuffles needs short or lifetime care that we will be there for him. His back leg is kinda swollen and stuck out behind him. Three legged hedghogs apperently carn't make it in the wild and are often just put down. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that his leg is reparable.

skyeboxer

I've known there were hedgehogs here in Tenerife for a while and have always wanted to spot one. Yesterday I did, but sadly it was way past dead and stank to high heaven.

My daughter was playing with the barman's puppy in the local park. After the dog, Maria, popped into some bushes Hania came back to tell me she'd seen a hedgehog. I thought she was spinning me a fanny but true enough there was this poor thing in the bushes.

Worse though - Maria had taken a chunk of it. I grabbed what was in her mouth out and shooed Hania and a little boy away, took maria back to the barman and told him what delighful treat she'd found so's he could get rid of it. Then ... I went and scrubbed my hand red raw.

I hope your little guy makes it. Sounds like he's landed himself in hedgehog heaven.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Hedgehogs are adorable!

I'm going to PM you a link to a hedgehog forum (I used to have chinchillas, and it's a forum for both pets). The people over there can probably give you some great hedgie advice :)

Thanks! I guess I will need all the help I can get.

He's been to the vet... his leg is broken and infected... (pobably a cat bite the vet said) the vet has cleaned him all up but decided that the break will heal itsself! He has given me antibiotics for Snuffles and an anticeptic wash. We kept him in the house last night to make sure he stayed warm after his anesthetic. Fingers crossed now!

Members online

No members online now.