Neutering

Hi i am new and i am shaz :) . so i was wondering should i have my dog neutered because he humps me and my .Should i punish him, just lie on the floor and let him do it :mad: or throw him in the
Please reply asap.

Last edited:
First, you get him neutered. Then, if he still tries, you set him off of you, or whatever he's humping, then tell him to sit, or even better, lay down. The object is to interrupt the behaviour and not let it be linked with any kind of reward whatsoever. Don't praise him for obeying until he's been distracted from the humping behaviour.

But - DO get him neutered.

Get him neutered, this will cut back on it, when he starts humping you walk away and ignore him until he stops.

pitbulliest

Don't punish the dog..there's absolutely no need for that.. :mad:
Get the dog fixed and that'll probably solve your problem. If it doesn't, you can use a spray bottle to correct the behavior (if your dog doesn't like water squirted in its face) and have the dog stop humping your leg...however, with that being said, first read up on how to use spray bottle training properly so you don't squirt water at your pooch at the wrong time. Doing it at the right moment is the key there! Hope that helps.

it certainly does but what about if he doesnt stop should i just get him a female or pretend to be a female or something. i just hope it works man!

RD

Are you dead yet?
When Ripley was a little pup he had a testosterone surge that made him try to hump my stuffed animals.. I squirted him with a high-pressure squirt bottle, and he stopped that behavior pretty quick..

RD

Are you dead yet?
PS -- Neutering will help, if it's his hormones making him want to hump you. If it's dominance, neutering will do very little, but extensive, hardcore training will do wonders. ;)

i am scared to use it just incase my dog turns on me. i think i will just stay with it i love him anyway so i should let him be happy just humping me.

I think thats a horible idea because your dog will think its alright to hump things. You need to be the boss of the dog. Don't be scared of him.

pitbulliest

WHAT? You're afraid of your own dog? Geez..I'm not even gonna say anything to that...
Use the spray bottle, but better yet just get the poor dog fixed..you don't want him getting another dog pregnant one of these days and have unwanted puppies suffering somewhere on the street..plus..neutering a dog reduces the chance of prostate cancer..so there ya go :p another reason to fix your pooch.

ok i will get him neutered but one question would neutering leave his penis but take away his balls. i thinks its wrong iif his just cut clean and stripped of his man hood. so just wondering.

Husky626

I don't know if its true, but when you neuter the dog, he won't grow to his fullest size? I have a puppy that my mom wants to neuter. Whats the minuim age limit for dog to get neuter?

Members online

No members online now.