docked tail

W

Whitedobelover

thanks for the help julie i will keep you posted i am going to have it looked possbily this weeken so as to make sure he doesnt get infected or anything happen to it... cause mom is a psychomom when it comes to the care of her babies... i am so worried about him he doesnt chew all the time but i think we will get it take care of... soon... mom is so worried ...

Depending on what the good Dr. says you may want to consider this a behavioral issue. Storm (my old Pit) would lick her feet when she was nervous or bored. Until we got it under control (with positive reinforcement we were eventually able to redirect this behavior to a more suitable behavior of chewing/licking on her kong) she would lick to the point of injury; her pads literaly were licked off a couple times. The fact that he does this to your female leads me to believe that it could be behavioral. But I'm no expert and think your best bet is to discuss this with your vet and then possibly a behavorist...

Lexus

Chithedobe said:
Depending on what the good Dr. says you may want to consider this a behavioral issue. Storm (my old Pit) would lick her feet when she was nervous or bored. Until we got it under control (with positive reinforcement we were eventually able to redirect this behavior to a more suitable behavior of chewing/licking on her kong) she would lick to the point of injury; her pads literaly were licked off a couple times. The fact that he does this to your female leads me to believe that it could be behavioral. But I'm no expert and think your best bet is to discuss this with your vet and then possibly a behavorist...

Good input Chi!

W

Whitedobelover

i would have to agree about some of it being behavioural. I also think it is his tail bothering him because when i rub on it and feel it... he always trys to pull it away from me... like it is bothering him... we are going to find out. thanks all

Members online

No members online now.