Chocolate toxicity Chart

SarahFish

That's a really good idea, and so helpful. When Lui had his chocolate scare, we were going all over the internet trying to find quantities of the poison and therefore how much he had eaten, this would have been so much better!

but does it matter the breed or just the weight? because Thunder is aprox 55lbs and cinni is aprox 35lbs. diffrent breeds, but i guess they would go on weight more than anything huh.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
It's weight.. Nothing more. They are just giving examples of breeds that may or may not fit the weight you are looking for..

ty your clearing that up. so in order for thunder to get really sick he has to eat over like 6oz, wow that is alot. not that we feed them chocolate, we do not carry that in our home only 2 times per year ( halloween and christmas) that is it.

Saintgirl

Excellent chart! The only thing that made me smaile a little was the picture of the Neapolitan Mastiff used as the pic for Mastiffs, a Neo is not one of the largest Mastiffs. But I know that the point of this chart was not about breed specifics just toxicity levels. Thanks for the link, I have saved it under my favorites.

The sad thing is that when people tell you they give chocolate to they dogs and you tell them is toxic for them they don't belive you. :mad:

They think "is I can eat it, is ok for my dog"

I remember seeing in the newspaper that I think it was in some part of the US but they where planning on killing coyotes putting chocolates near farms, :(

nancy2394

I was all excited when I came across this thread because my "know it all" brother in law who is here for the holidays made the comment that it's one of the biggest "old wives tail" about chocolate being deadly to a dog. I argued with him that chocolate can cause a dog to die and of course him being a know it all insisted I was wrong. I went to this sight and either I am an idiot and don't know how to read a graph chart or it's not working right for me. I saw nothing about weights... and from what I saw it looked like white chocolate was the only chocolate to pose a threat. What am I missing... I know that can't be right. I must not be looking at it right. I want to be able to have my facts straight before I shoot his know it all comment out of the water with proof...lol.

Members online

No members online now.