When family member insist on breeding your dog

Ack, a relative of mine is insisting on breeding Pompadour wit a BYB white poodle mix (most like wit peke) that is a result of a father to daughter breeding :rolleyes:

They had the parents, the mother was 6 months when she had her first litter and then the father impregnated his own daughter when she was also 6 months :mad:

Now they are begging me to breed Pompadour wit her, since I'm refusing they are saying he is suffering because he "needs" sex and that I'm neglecting his rights.

I keep saying my reasons, mostly that I did a promise wit Pompadour's breeder that if I breed him it would be only to a ch female and a compatible color.

They say "the breeder doesn't need to know, they are not going to have pedigree but they are going to be cute pets" :rolleyes:

I keep saying to them that I don't want to dilute the breed, but they say "you will doing him a favor he is begging like crazy for a female, he wants to mate"

Then I told them that it took me a lot of effort to get him (importing him from Mexico and all) as well to show him, it would be ONLY to a ch pedigree female, and if they want to breed her so badly then place an add in the newspaper. :rofl1:

rant out, I feel better now, thanks for reading :)

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Tell them since he's never had sex :p he doesn't know what he's missing, and they need to go play in traffic.

Grab

What a ridiculous line of thought...

I'd probably say the subject was closed and refuse to discuss it thereafter. I have a really low tolerance for people who use nonsense when trying to get their way.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Way to go and stand your ground :)

With all the time you have invested in your boy it should be your decision who and when to breed him.

Miakoda

People can say, or demand, whatever they want. But my dog is MY dog, and nothing is done to my dog that isn't authorized by myself. My dogs were/are never put into a position where they could be bred without my knowledge (or assistance).

Heck, I just had my Arabian stallion gelded (kinda sad :( ) all because I've had numerous people stop at my house begging and pleading to get a breeding out of him. One guy showed up on 2 differenct occasions, one of those with his horse in tow! It was freaky!

But to take away the chance of something bad happening, I had him gelded, especially since any plans of me getting a foal out of him went out the window with my friend's mare unable to maintain a pregnancy.

Ugh. The elderly man across the street kept asking me if I would breed Bimmer to the mixed breed (looks like mostly Lab and Aussie) he has. Ummm, NO.

Then he asked my mother . . . :rolleyes:

Thanks for the support everyone, is really hard to be pushed like this mostly if is a family member

Well, there's always this thing!
http://www.hotdollfordog.com/index.php?lang=2
:rofl1:
Seriously, though. Some people are insane.
LOL that's hilarious,:rofl1: at least is better that bringing unwanted litters.

People can say, or demand, whatever they want. But my dog is MY dog, and nothing is done to my dog that isn't authorized by myself. My dogs were/are never put into a position where they could be bred without my knowledge (or assistance).

Heck, I just had my Arabian stallion gelded (kinda sad :( ) all because I've had numerous people stop at my house begging and pleading to get a breeding out of him. One guy showed up on 2 differenct occasions, one of those with his horse in tow! It was freaky!

But to take away the chance of something bad happening, I had him gelded, especially since any plans of me getting a foal out of him went out the window with my friend's mare unable to maintain a pregnancy.
Wow the horse thing sounds scary O-o

Members online

No members online now.