Do you wax your dog?

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Daniel had Aubrey out for a walk the other day and he came across a couple of girls and their little puppy. Aubrey started playing with the pup for a bit, then went over to lick the girls. They kept cooing over how shiny she was and one of them asked if he uses wax or something on her coat to get it that shiny. :rolleyes: I'm amazed at the difference in her coat from when we got her to now. The Royal Canin has just worked wonders!

Dreeza

Nicholas said:
I put mine through the automatic car wash on 'the works'. Wash, wax , rust preventer and a blow dry. Can't beat it.
hahahha, that is SUCH a good idea!! i'll tie my dog to the roof next time i go!

I'll tell you what is a really, really BAD idea! Never, ever - repeat - never, never ever go through a car wash when the dogs are in the car with you . . . Trust me, it's not pretty and can result in massive bruising and complete loss of sanity . . .

Bowowee

Bulacan Pitbull Club
I use virgin coconut oil on my dogs daily. It makes their coat shiny, lessens their doggy smell a lot, and most of all it cures and prevents a lot of skin problems. At first, I thought that so called oil was just a fad. Oh boy, but when I tried using it I immediately saw results. I'm just not sure if Its already available in your area.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I have been very guilty of using creme rinse and a little shine before we go somewhere special..isn't wax but sure does make them smell pretty!

Dreeza

Nicholas said:
But what if it's a non-catholic coconut and it used protection? y'know spf 60 or something like that?

hmm...thats a good point....

those coconuts do have a tendency to get a lil frisky i suppose.

and that spf 60...that is some STRONG protection...

i have to say...i am absolutely stumped!

filarotten

Fila the love
I think it is like extra virgin olive oil. You just take it for what it says,. How can something be extra or extra, extra, virgin? I'm still confused, but I buy it.

Dreeza

filarotten said:
I think it is like extra virgin olive oil. You just take it for what it says,. How can something be extra or extra, extra, virgin? I'm still confused, but I buy it.
haha, yeah, the other day, when my mom was teaching me how to shop, she told me to buy the extra virgin olive oil...

i was like...umm...how are olives "extra" virgin...her response was to slap me upside the head, lol (lightly of course!)

kelbel

Renee750il said:
I'll tell you what is a really, really BAD idea! Never, ever - repeat - never, never ever go through a car wash when the dogs are in the car with you . . . Trust me, it's not pretty and can result in massive bruising and complete loss of sanity . . .
LOL Renee. I've been through with my girls. Lucy just curled up in the back seat and cried. Abby was in the front seat looking out the windshield with the "dummy" look on her face!

Members online

No members online now.