kitty Dandruff

Maxy24

Willie has had some bad dandruff the past few months, mainly by the base of his tail (his favorite place to be scratched) but he doesn't seem bothered by it. I really would like to clear it up if I can though, does anyone know what I can do about it? Mom asked why he might have it and I know it's usually food but I REALLY don't want to mention that to her since I made them switch him to the Felidae from Purina and don't want her to think that what I said about better food was false. Thanks for any suggestions!

noludoru

Bored Now.
Add fish oil...? That's all I know. :( Tom had terrible dandruff till we switched ihm to a high quality diet. He had terrible everything before we switched.

Maxy24

Yes he is neutered and he eats Felidae dry food and Wellness wet food, someday I hope to feed him all wet. I might try the fish oil, someone on a cat forum I go to says it might be the weather, not much humidity in the air so I'm gonna see if we have a humidifier.

Food is great so I would def look into fish oils or something similar. Castor & Pollux makes some tablets and more holistic things to give your pets for these sorts of problems. I have the brewers yeast and garlic tabs for dogs and cats that say they are good for their coat as well as boosts the bodies natural defenses. Maybe look into something like that.

Members online

No members online now.