Gah, the things I get myself into!

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Well, I posted before about a GSD I know who was going to be rehomed again for like the 4th time, because she was "crazy". I really want/ed to do something for this girl, because I know she ISN'T crazy, just a little hyper...

Well, today the owner said, "Look, you can do stuff with Bella, will you come show me what you can do with her?" (All I can do is, sit, stay, down, come, up, and "okay!".) So we went out, I did a few "tricks" with her, and then I got to cuddling her, loving on her, "Good girl!"ing her, and getting some kisses in return. And somehow me taking her to obedience training, coming over to do stuff with her, taking her out and scoilazing her all came into the picture, and now I've gotten myself a GSD that lives at someone elses house.

So, I guess Bella is kinda mine now... The owner is going to pay to put her in obedience, and then agility after, and she said after than I can trial with her, and all that jazz... I figure this will work, I can go over after school, off the bus, do my homework there, and come home and do stuff with Zoey...

If I had my way I'd bring her home. So she could be MY dog, but mom and dad won't allow it... But oh well, I figure, if I can get this dog to calm down, and chill, they will start letting her into the house, and making of her...

So, I guess thats all... Thought I'd let you all know.

Shay

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Hey, every little bit helps! It sounds like the owners don't really care for the dog though, if they're making her stay outside all the time and aren't really working with her much. At least she is getting training and attention from you.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
I think they will like her once she is a little better behaved.

I know this is all gonna cause me heart ache in the end, because I will get attached and want to bring her home, but I am getting a BC next, and with some Drama I am going through with Zoey right now, and then my school life, bringing her here, and keeping her as mine would be too much, however, I am sure, that if something happens and she NEEDS a new home, she will come here.... But I hope it doesn't come to that.

I hope I can calm her down, and get her under control so they will start letting her in the house.

Zoom, the man in the house doesn't like her AT ALL! Once when he was trying to grab her, and she wouldn't come he said "HERE!" in his nasty voice, and grabbed for her colllar and she bit him. Since then he hates her, and she doesn't like him, as a matter of fact, she's scared of him. Quite bad..

Zoom

Twin 2.0
i think you might want to talk to them about rehoming her, because if she's already bitten the man and he didnt' learn from his lesson, that is going to end quite badly for both parties.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
I agree... But I'd really like for them to fix it without rehoming her. The man knows dogs bite, but because he hates this dog SO much, he doesn't seem to learn..

I just talked to my mom, and she doesn't like the idea, because she doesn't like GSD's, and because she thinks I'll get attached to her... So I don't know....

GAhh!

Maybe they should rehome her... I don't know.

She isn't aggressive, she isn't.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
She is fear-aggressive now, you can't deny that. It doesn't sound like it's highly developed yet, but she has proven that she will resort to teeth if pushed far enough. Granted, it's the right of any dog, but we like to take away those rights and kill the ones that act like dogs.

If he hates her that bad, it's probably not going to get any better. Why did they get her in the first place?

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
They got her because a friend was getting rid of her and she was free.

I don't think I can do it. I'd get way to attached to her, just to have them tell me she was going to be rehomed or something...

I think I'll just stick to my dogs, and dad said that if it gets to the point where I want something to train that bad, then maybe a BC if it comes to that which it probably won't...

I think I'll tell her owner tomorrow that I don't think I can do it... But maybe I'll still keep working with her at thier house, and loving on her....

Muggie'sMum

Mistress Wigglebutt
Oh my sister dear... you know how I feel about this. You're going to have your hands more than full with Zoey and Muggie in barn training this winter - nevermind the piles of homework you have had all year so far and the skiing we plan to get done!

The entire situation with the current owners is deplorable.... I wish they would rehome her now and get it over with.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
AP, I think I would give my honest opinion and say that you don't feel your efforts would be going to their best use, because you feel that it is in the best interest of the dog to be placed into a new home, one that doesn't have an owner who hates her.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
BB? I dunno what that is but okay... I didn't know you were aloud on the internet at work...

Oops, I've hyjacked my own thread!

Im off to bed... Then to tell Nicole tomorrow that I can't do it...

Oh, and dad and I have a surprise for you and mom. PM me if you read this soon, and we'll chat.

Members online

No members online now.