Much whining contained within

Taqroy

I'm completely done with this week. First we have a wildfire that grew scary fast and has destroyed 340 homes. The rescue took in a bunch of evacuated dogs from owners and 40 dogs from the Humane Society so that the Humane Society could take in evacuated dogs. I've been there or working on something for them every day since Sunday in addition to working my regular job. I can't sleep because I'm worrying about the fire and my friends in the evac zone. I think I lost a friendship of 5 years yesterday because I said something stupid. I apologized but he says he's done and....if he's going to end our friendship over one fricking remark he can just shove it. I'm not going to beg him to forgive me.

TL;DR I'm tired and upset and just want some hugs please? I'm not cut out to live in a disaster zone. And all I want to do is go home and cuddle with my dogs until I pass out but I'm stuck at work.

SaraB

(((((((hugs))))) and more ((((((hugs))))))) I can't even imagine the stress of living in Colorado right now, plus helping out the way you are!

Snark

Mutts to you
Sending lots of ((((((((((hugs)))))))))))). Can't imagine how scary it is right now. Maybe your friend was stressing out, too, and will realize he over-reacted when things calm down.

Taqroy

Thank you so much guys. (((((hugs)))) back. I still feel like crying but I think the friend and I have worked it out. And I'm off work so I'm going to take a nap and see if it improves my outlook a little. I feel like no matter how much I'm doing it's just not enough you know? Not when houses are burning and people and animals are homeless.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
(((((((((((((((((HUGS and HUGS and HUGS and HUGS and HUGS and HUGS )))))))))))))))
I can't even imagine how awful it must be.

crazedACD

I'm so sorry...just try and take some time for yourself to relax and cope with the situation. Maybe with some good sleep and a good meal you will feel a little better. These fires are just so horrible, I can't imagine...I know the constant stress level can be unbearable.

I would really love to work with an organization that does disaster relief for animals, I just couldn't leave mine on a whim :(.

Taqroy

You guys are awesome. <3 I got lots of sleep last night and this thread just made my day. Thank you for all the kind words and the hugs.

Members online

No members online now.