Is this something to be proud of?

Juicy

I just called the rescue that denied me because I didn't have check ups for the dogs, to ask why I wasn't informed why or contacted (found out via facebook). The reason for the person not contacting me was because they didn't know how not to put it without being harsh about it? How about thanks for applying to be a foster parent, however one of our requirements is to have dogs checked up by a vet, if you can meet this requirement we'll go on with the process...instead of a straight shot down to even foster. And while I was talking to the person they were telling me reasons why they didn't adopt to some people and when he was telling me about someone that lied about going to the vet that they seemed fishy from the start, because they had gotten a puppy from a breeder 11 months ago...so people who get dogs from breeder aren't good enough or shouldn't foster/rescue?

Last edited:

pitbullfriends

Pitbull Friends
Very stuck up, I don't really understand the no kids thing. I have two dogs and a six year old son and they all love each other very much, kids usually like dogs I've never had any kind of incident what so ever between my dogs and my kid and would imaging such occurrences would be extremely rare?

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
There has been a lot of chazzers who've been turned down for adoption, though :(
I know, and the cases I know about **** me off. There are Chazzers who would have been PERFECT for the dog they wanted. I myself am intimidated by rescues. I don't think I'm a bad dog owner, but I'm sure there are several reasons I would be turned down as well. I'm only 18, the fenced portion of my yard is small, we rent, I walk my dogs off leash, etc. etc.

It's a yorkie rescue. So while they might be in 'high demand', they are most certainly not uncommon, in short supply, or dangerous breed in the wrong hands.
Yep, and if someone couldn't get approved by a rescue for a yorkie, they could find one in the classifieds or a pet store in a snap.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
I know, and the cases I know about **** me off. There are Chazzers who would have been PERFECT for the dog they wanted. I myself am intimidated by rescues. I don't think I'm a bad dog owner, but I'm sure there are several reasons I would be turned down as well. I'm only 18, the fenced portion of my yard is small, we rent, I walk my dogs off leash, etc. etc.

Yep, and if someone couldn't get approved by a rescue for a yorkie, they could find one in the classifieds or a pet store in a snap.
today in my local paper they are selling yorkie with papers for 250.00.

seriously , alot of rescues need to get a clue. NOT all by any stretch . but alot do

Gypsydals

If I'm paying $750 for a dog, I'm getting one from a breeder. That being said, I would not qualify for any rescue out there, because I have an intact dog and have no plans on getting him fixed.

That rescue just sounds snobby and and condescending. With wording like that, I don't think they are getting as many applications as they say they are. I'm sure there are a bunch of people who read that and say F***you. Then go some where else.

Members online

No members online now.