Just a quick HI! & news

aurorab

I just want to send out a quick HI! I've been away from the group for over a month now. Well we moved to New Jesey. I love the house and it's getting painted and fixed up. Most of it is done but we've had to stop for a while. 1 reason is that we are just wiped out. The 2nd is a NEW PUPPY. He is a dark brindle boxer. We were supposed to get his brother but he passed away :(
His full name is Prince Jake's Ace of Spades. So cute!!! The girls are doing ok but all I can say is that he's a puppy and a boy and he he does both very well. Baby has told him over and over that she doesn't like him nipping at her tail but he just doesn't get it, no matter how much she gives back. Mira is so unsure of him she usually just hides on the couch. He's not allowed up there but he gets to the edge anyway an tries to get them. He was 9lbs at his 1st vet visit (Baby is 8lbs and Mira is 5lbs) so he is already bigger than them and doesn't realize it. We just put in a fence and they have so much room to run around, but all Jake want to do is eat leaves and run around w/ sticks.
He's had a bit of runny poop and we tried some meds but it didn't help and it actually has gotten worse so we have to try another med. He's still VERY active and drink water, so the vet said not to worry... HA he doesn't have to clean up runny poop all the time. Luckilly it is mostly outside but the other night at 4am... AAAAHHH :eek: I'm really sick of cleaning the rugs. At least babies wear diapers. hehehe
Hopefully someday I can get the picture uploaded so everyone can see the little darling. Hopefully it will be b4 he's a big darling.
I hope everyone has been well since I was last on. I hope I get a chance to read some of the posts and catch up a bit.
:D

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Awesome news and continuing good luck!

I've heard that canned pumpkin does wonders for firming up loose stools...

aurorab

He's actually needs meds for what he has. Common for puppies but it's still a bit scarry when they poop watery messes everyday for over a week. He's been eating boiled chicken and rice, bland just in case it was an upset tummy but it's a bit more than that.
Baby actually has been (last 2 days) trying to go but nothing or not much and she had 2 accidents in her kennel (she never does that!), plus it smelled so bad. I might try her on pumpkin. It's odd that that can work on constipation and diarreah. I have yet to try it w/ her hope she likes it, but then again she like almost anything, she loves to eat.
Thanks for the help.
Oh and Jake is going to see the vet anyway on Sat b/c his face was swollen yesterday morning. It was like a little ballon. The Dr wants to check him out. It could have been allergies or possibly poison ivy (we just fenced in the backyard and are trying to clean it up (just moved). Since it went back down right away the Dr said it probably ok and we can use banadryl but he wants to check him. Glas we have a wellness plan and Dr visits are free!

Doberluv

Welcome back. Congrats on the new house and puppy. Lyric, my Dobe had that same problem and I switched to Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance, single source protein, venison and brown rice formula for allergies. Even though I don't think Lyric's problem was allergies persay, I think it's good for sensative stomachs. It's not good for a pup to have diarrhea for a long period of time, dehydration and intestinal damage can occur. That food did the trick. You can try that and/or the canned pumpkin. The boiled chicken and rice sounds good too, nice and bland.

aurorab

The vet thinks he has coccidia (sp?). So he wants a stool sample and put him on meds. He is still very active and drinking lots of water. Both are good signs. He goes to see the vet tomorrow. Other than the poop you would think there was any problem (other thanthe swelling head but that was just yesterday morning, only, so it was probably unrelated).
Since he is so young we have him on puppy food w/ mothers milk. That can cause diarrhea (mothers milk) so they wanted to try the bland diet 1st, but since that hasn't worked we are onto the next step.
If he continues to have a problem I might look into the diff food but for now I guess we have to just wait and see.

Thanks for the help!

Twilight

Boxer Rescue
ooooooooh can we have piccies please??????

I have also just got my New Rescue boxer today

she is also a Brindle

he sounds lovely

Members online

No members online now.