Question about neighbor's dog's poop

Bailey.

I love my mutts!
One of my neighbors in our complex has a Great Dane. He lives pretty far from me so I don't see it much, however I know all the dogs that live here.

His poop is enormous, I have the next smallest dog at 71lbs and his isn't near the size. My issue is that all the Dane's poop is covered in almost white-sting like stuff - hair like. Is this worms? I couldn't find anything about short hair like strands in poop.

I clean up my dog's poop, but I would like to leave a note and maybe notify the landlord their dog is leaving worm-infested droppings. They always leave it right on the edge of the grass area, too - so I get to look at it everyday when I go out, and get a great smell with the humidity and rain.

Thanks for any help.

bubbatd

I'd tell the landlord .....whether hair or worms they should be made to pick it up !

Bailey.

I love my mutts!
Two issues with that. One, the landlard doesn't have a rule about the dog poop. I've already talked to them about it - when a Min Pin (who's owners no longer reside here) was running around loose and pooping on the sidewalk and on our porch.

Two, the people with the Great Dane are known as extremely harassing. They have six cats and they can't keep the apartment next to them occupied because the ammonia smell leaks into the adjoining apartment. The landlord even seems a little scared of them.

I just don't want my dog to contract worms (even though he is UTD on everything) because they cannot be bothered to pick it up - and for some screwed up reason my dog will ONLY go in that one area - otherwise he holds it.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I have one dog that licks a fair amount and she actually does have a fair amount of hair in her poop at times, so that could be it if the strands are really that fine. Additionally, I've occasionally seen a mold-type thing that grows on poop after a few days and it appears white and hair like - seems to show up when we've had a few days of rain and I haven't been able to scoop. Hopefully it one of these things as those are innocuous.

Does your city have a scoop law? I bet it would apply. Same with a limit to numbers animals and care standards given the cat situation (it must be horribly bad in there if ammonia smell is leaking into other units!!) Animal Control might help with the poop and cat situation and you could likely do it anonymously.

bubbatd

Could you bag the poop and leave it with a note on their doorstep stating that you wonder about worms and would they please have it checked for the health of their dog plus yours ??

Bailey.

I love my mutts!
I might give animal control a call, but they are pretty loose here - they won't even respond to dogs locked in cars until the temp gets to 95-100. Dogs are an item, not a pet. Many, many have never set foot indoors. However a smell that strong might be enough.

The Dane is white, as are the hairs - so that could make sense. I've seen the white mold stuff on it, but it isn't the same thing. Fresh enough you can still smell it.

We don't have a scoop law, and this is counted as private property so it wouldn't matter. I tried to get the AC to come pick up the loose Min Pin when he was left outside while they went on vacation, but they said they couldn't because the entire property is "the dog's property" - I don't want to know how that would apply if somebody got bit by him "Well, the dog was on his own property!" Ugh

Could you bag the poop and leave it with a note on their doorstep stating that you wonder about worms and would they please have it checked for the health of their dog plus yours ??
I'd be afraid they would shoot me if they saw me. The guy works at night and the girl is there at home all the time. They are those kind of people. It would be less obvious to tape a note to their mailbox I suppose.

Members online

No members online now.