The goals I have set for Hershey, are they reasonable?

Ok, here are some goals I have set for Hershey..

1. Get him in the house.
2. Get him trained to where I can take him everywhere we go.
3. Get him fully trained for the house. :D
4. Put up his chain, and doghouse for good.
5. Train him for Agility.. (sounds like fun) he has the energy for it, and still acts like a puppy. :rolleyes: tell me about it. :lol-sign:

But, the first four, I am going for first. of course. :) Agility comes next, after I get those goals done. Do these sound good? heh, what are your goals for your dogs? heh, something like, a New Years thing for your dogs.

Kayla

Sounds like a great list of goals. The most important question to ask yourself is can I stay consistant,patient, and adapt training methods and startegies when nessicary to meet my goals? If the answer is yes then everything on your list is absolutly possible. Some things will come quickly, at times you may find yourself porgressing backwards. When it happens remove yourself from the picture and take a good look at what your do and if necissary change or modify it to better suite the desired outcome. Also their are many tools out their, information and people to help you reach this point. Move slowly, don't rush your dog and always remember to make it fun.:) And most importantly keep us updated along the way, after all the as they say the journey of a thousand miles starts with one step.

I have goals set out for Duke as well and are as followed.

1) Complete at least basic obidence and 2nd level obidence
2) Take and Pass Canine Good Citizen Test
3) Continue to socalize him around other dogs and get him past the point of trying to herd them.
4) When he reaches a year old find an agility trainer and begin working towards the point when we can compete in agility

Kayla

Paige

Let it be
Great Goals!! I have one for Riddick and me:

Just one right now.

1) Get him to stop pushing me out of the bed at night! :lol-sign:
That was mine! Bandit is the biggest pain to sleep with. He sneaks up behind you when you're asleep, squishes between the wall and you and then BAM! he knocks you right off the bed.

Spanky sleeps on top of you. It's a pain.

lol, the dogs are taking over now! hehe, sounds like everyone has great goals! :D I am going to get to the place where Hershey can sleep in my room, as soon as I clean it up. lol everyone has really good goals! :)

Paige

Let it be
lol, the dogs are taking over now! hehe, sounds like everyone has great goals! :D I am going to get to the place where Hershey can sleep in my room, as soon as I clean it up. lol everyone has really good goals! :)
My dogs were outside dogs at first but they made a wonderful transition into the house life. I am sure your dog will love it. Mine certainly did.

dogstarsleddogs

The dog is never wrong!
They sound good to me!

Here's my goals:
1) Get Ranger and Aurora to be perfectly social with the puppies, Cider and Snowball.
2) Get the puppies started in leader training, and finish leader training with Cider.
3) Build Babylon a new house
4) Repaint Aurora's, Cider's and Snowball's houses.
6) And finally- see if I can get a CGC for Gremlin by this the new year. (Took him about 5 months to learn "come", I'm not setting my expectations too high! LOL)

That was mine! Bandit is the biggest pain to sleep with. He sneaks up behind you when you're asleep, squishes between the wall and you and then BAM! he knocks you right off the bed.

Spanky sleeps on top of you. It's a pain.
Riddick sleeps next to, on top of, and under you! He left bruises on my friend's back when she slept over once! I tried to warn her! I had a bordercollie and she slept at the end of the bed, kept my feet warm.:) I try and explain it to Riddick but he creeps up on me while I'm sleeping.

lol, I hope Hershey doesn't come into my bed, wake up to an 89 pound dog next to me in my twin bed. that would hurt! heh, sounds like everyone's dogs are spoiled rotten. :) (good thing of course)

Paige

Let it be
Riddick sleeps next to, on top of, and under you! He left bruises on my friend's back when she slept over once! I tried to warn her! I had a bordercollie and she slept at the end of the bed, kept my feet warm.:) I try and explain it to Riddick but he creeps up on me while I'm sleeping.
Both my dogs have their own beds. I mean actual human beds they can sleep on. But no, they have to invade mine. I don't mind it all the time. Just when I get kicked out of my own bed or when he farts.

Whats the worst is they wake me up by licking my ears.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
That sounds like a great list of goals. :)

Lucy is 10 pounds but somehow ends up taking up most of the bed so I've had my share of nearly falling off just because I don't want to disturb her :rolleyes: ;)
Would I have it any other way? Nope.

lol, I hope Hershey doesn't come into my bed, wake up to an 89 pound dog next to me in my twin bed. that would hurt! heh, sounds like everyone's dogs are spoiled rotten. :) (good thing of course)
LOL Sooo sad Riddick and I are having to share a twin bed at this very moment. We moved and didn't have room for the mattress in my car. He is 89 lbs. It was bad in a full size bed. Its a tight fit now. But for some reason I can't not have him next to me.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
=) I wish you the best of luck with everything... those goals do not seem over-done at all, they'll just take work, consistency & dedication to Hershey.

These are my goals for Fozzie, for this year...

1) Get his CGC title.
2) Improve off-leash Obedience.
3) Agility (or Flyball, or Disc.. I haven't decided on what to do first) classes.
4) Get his TDI title, and doing therapy work with kids.
5) Throw him an awesome 1st B-day party (March 17th!!!)
6) Lean him out, he still has some "baby fat"!
7) Teach him how to swim in the lake.

For Gonzo...

1) Improve off-leash Obedience, to where he is as reliable as he can get with various commands... he's already really great off-leash with distractions.
2) Improve his behavior with strangers... which is already getting much better.
3) Maintain his perfect health.
4) Start competing this summer, in Flyball & Disc.
5) Throw him an awesome 6th B-day party (July 3rd!!!)

Members online