Used to come on here a lot, coming back!

PeggyPup

Love my BC and Pap!
Hi everyone, I was a member of this forum a few years ago when I was looking for info about nutrition after my border collie, Luke, had pancreatitis. I eventually got caught up in college and stopped coming on as I had less time for dog things in general.

WELL I'm fresh out of school and a lot has changed! Unfortunately, my wonderful boy Luke passed away last Spring at the age of 14 years. He back legs finally got too weak and we let him go in the comfort of his own home before he started to suffer. He was one of the most amazing dogs I ever had the pleasure of knowing and we still miss him everyday:

However, Oliver, the family Pap is still doing well! He's starting to show his age a bit, but has no mobility issues and is happy as a clam:

As for the newer additions...a couple years ago I drove down to a kill shelter in NC and picked up a VERY pregnant chow mix. She wound up having 8 puppies the week I brought her home, though half the litter was lost due to how malnourished mom was throughout her pregnancy. Fortunately, the 4 who lived now have wonderful homes, and mom, now named Juno, gets to live out her days with me! She and Luke were attached at the hip from the time they met, and I credit Juno with keeping Luke young in his final years. Miss Juno is on the left :

And of course, my parents cannot live without a border collie in their lives. In August, after grieving for some time, my parents brought home Tucker! This was taken about a month ago, but he's six months old now:

So that's the whole gang now. Now that I'm out of school I'd like to focus on Juno and keeping her fit and healthy as she gets older (she's approx. 6 years old now). But more importantly, in the next 1-2 years I am hoping to bring home a puppy and get more involved in the dog world. Would like to train a pup in obedience, therapy, maybe agility, etc. Just need to nail down a breed AND a breeder whose program I feel comfortable supporting. So hopefully I can get some help and insight from folks on here! Looking forward to talking to you all!

Members online

No members online now.