Ella update!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I've had a few people ask, so I figured I'd post it here :)

Ella has been home for 3 weeks now (today!). She's doing extremely well. At the moment, she is at home with the rest of my family, because she was overwhelmed being here with 5 other ferrets. I'm not surprised, it's a lot and she is young -- she was here for the weekend and had a blast, though :)

She's coming along real nicely -- really glad with what she's proving to be. She's still quite skittish with new things, but that's quickly clearing up with help from the other two showing her that life is ok. She learned real early on that people=safe spot, so if she gets nervous, she just runs to one of them.

She'll hopefully turn out to be a real good therapy animal prospect -- from what I see now, she will be. It'll be good, cause I'd like to retire Harley from it in a little under a year, once she turns five.

I was really nervous about getting another ferret after Rascal, to be honest. I was afraid I'd hold them to his standards, and no other ferret could ever live up to him. Heck, when she came to needing a home, I had given up the search for another few months, probably until June/July.

Overall, we're really happy with her. Everybody loves her, and she's just so.... FUN. She loves to play with toys (finally have a use for those hundreds of toys I have laying around in hopes that my guys would play with them), and is very protective. She has a stuffed animal I gave her, and we call it her baby.... my dad was joking around with her, saying "I'm going to take your baby!" and went to grab it, and she went straight for him and "saved" her baby :lol-sign:

That's really all... she's healthy and happy, her adoption was finalized a week after I got her, after she went to the vet and was deemed to be very healthy. I really couldn't imagine life without her now, even though it's only been a few weeks! She really is the ferret I needed <3

Members online

No members online now.