did this actually help her or just hurt her?

ok i went to petsmart to buy roxy some stuff. well i went into the groomers' there and asked them about a problem with roxy. she would always scratch her ear and there is a TERRIBLE odor that comes from inside of her ear. i always thought it was just earwax. well they said that she had hair inside of her ears and that that was what was causing it and that if it wasnt plucked out then there can be an infection. well they also said they would do it for me free of charge. well i said ok and they brought her in and then they took out these pliers that are in scissor-like shaped. they look just like scissor cut they have grooves on the edge to use like pliers. well they took a hold of a WHOLE bunch of hair in her ear and yanked it out! omg she was crying and yelping so bad! i have never heard her cry so bad. well they said of course she would cry but it was needed to be pulled out. well i love roxy too much to hear her cry like that. i love her too much to hear her suffer like that. i ran out and got my mom to come in there. roxy was crying so bad that i was starting to cry. well after she was done they said that i had to go home and clean out her ears a little bit with a mixture of half vinegar and half water. well i havent done that yet, but have any of you heard of this ear hair thing? i got freaked out a little at petsmart but i know roxy was more hurt than me. thats why we bought her a whole big container of doggy treats! :D

NEVER heard of that! Check with the vet on the ear smell. When there's a smell like that, there's something wrong; mites or fungus or some other problem that needs attention. It's probably going to be awhile before Roxy will let anyone touch her ears without a big fuss.

This is a whole new world for you. One of the basics is: don't get your advice from clerks at PetSmart - or any other pet store chain for that matter. And tell the vet exactly what happened. Get the vet to show you how to do a basic ear cleaning and how to clip Roxy's toenails while you're there. A good vet will be thrilled to show you how to care for her safely.

it was at the groomers. but my mom has no time to drive roxy to the vet. she doesnt care to find one either because she said there is no use since we are giving roxy to my cousins and aunt on thanksgiving. but no one else heard of this? roxy doesnt let me go near her ears either. i dont blame her for it either!

no she doesnt know about this stuff because for her dogs she dont really bring them to the vet. she does to get their shots and everything but they havent gotten sick or hurt for her to bring them to the vet so she was never informed about this

chell78

Hi there Im a vet nurse and I see alot of lon haired dogs through our practice your groomer is right the hair in the ears will encourage infection. But I think the smell might be a concern, normal ears dont smell, you might consider taking Roxy to your vet to have them loooked at, they might need to clean and flush them out for you and put her on antibiotics, plucking the hair out of the ears might hurt them while you pluck but believe me its alot less painful then having an ear infection. If you keep the ears clean of hair and you can clean them out with a ear cleanser which you can buy from your vets we sell one called Epiotic, or Oticleans. You might consider then rather than water and vinegar. Hope this helps you out.

Hmmmm sounds like a yeast infection. Carry had one a while back but now hes fine. It does smell. We had it flush and put in medication and it was fine. Id check with a vet

Members online

No members online now.