Shampoo and flea protection

KT07

Our 3 month old Cavalier, Katie, has flaky skin down her back. We took her to the vets a few weeks ago and were told it is puppy cradle cap and it will go by itself. Okay. We got Frontline flea protection from the vet (this is what they recommended us). We put Frontline on Katie.
A few weeks on, she still has flaky skin. It has gotten better in places (nothing there is some places) and has gotten worse in other places. So we told the vet about it again. She said it is taking a longer than it should to go, so she gave us some medicated shampoo.
We went home and called the vet to ask how long the shampoo needs to be on (didn't ask while there - lol!). The vet on the phone told us 5 minutes and that it will wash the Frontline away, and we would have to buy this other flea protection called Advocate (sp?). I was livid, telling them that we would've innocently washed Katie in the recommended shampoo and she wouldn't have been flea protected and I would not have had Frontline in the 1st place, if I knew that one shampoo would wash it away. She then went to get the senior vet who told us that no the shampoo does not wash Frontline off and she doesn't know why the other vet told us it would.
Is this true, will Katie still be protected after shampooing or it the vet trying to save her own back because she did not tell us the full information about these recommended products?

simorny

see you * the top
vets have different openion, what work for your dog might not be what will work for my mine

Members online

No members online now.