Interview attire!

Miakoda

^^^This statement is why I explained that a suit is an excellent choice. Interview attire= a suit. Ever heard the expression dress for the job you want, not the job you have? There's no such thing as going into an interview over-dressed; at the most it makes you look professional and earnest, IMO. And that's not just my opinion, that's the belief of many high level corporate interviewers.
THIS!!!

There is no such thing as being over-dressed for an interview. Most of my jobs required me to wear scrubs, but that didn't mean I showed up to my interviews in scrubs. Nor did I just toss on black pants and a white shirt, the same outfit one would wear out the night before, and go in there expecting to look my best. No, I alternated between 3 pants suits (1 a chocolate brown suit from Limited that had a rust orange camisole to be worn underneath the jacket...jacket stays on; 1 a dark grey with lighter grey pinstripes with a nice blouse underneath, and 1 black) and 1 dress suit, which was a Bordeaux color dress with a matching blazer/jacket to wear over it.

I wore the same suits whether I was applying for the job of Rehabilitation Technician at the local Tri-parish hospital, Veterinary Technician at vet clinic, Admin. Assistant for a nation-wide engineering firm.....you get the point.

Whoever is giving the interview knows darn well what your job will be and what duties are involved. They aren't interviewing you hoping you'll show up slumming it to show you're prepared to get down and dirty.

ETA: I wanted to add that you don't have to spend a lot of money of interview attire. It's not about how much your outfit costs, but rather what your outfit says about you.

Last edited:

Saeleofu

Whoever is giving the interview knows darn well what your job will be and what duties are involved. They aren't interviewing you hoping you'll show up slumming it to show you're prepared to get down and dirty.
Nobody's telling her to "slum it." It's just a fact that a suit and heels aren't good for everything. As Erin pointed out, floor damage is something to take into consideration, too. It's totally possible to dress nice for an interview and look great while still being prepared to do whatever needs to be done. Not all dress pants are thin and slick. Not all dress shoes are heels.

Just wanted to say that really, the problem is nothing that is going to be suitable to play disc in is going to be interview appropriate. From type of material, to being able to bend, to not putting holes in it. Really, the only option is for her to dress super professional and slick for the three hours of interviews with the people and a quick costume change when she's going to get fancy with the dogs.

Sara, mainly I wanted to say you better send me a picture of the boots you wear! And seriously, good luck, you're going to do awesome!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I can't imagine they won't let you run to the bathroom and change quick. I mean, what if you had to pee, I'm sure they wouldn't say "Welp, too bad, you can't have the job" :rofl1: So I would just bring a duffel bag along with sporty wear in it :)

I can't imagine they won't let you run to the bathroom and change quick. I mean, what if you had to pee, I'm sure they wouldn't say "Welp, too bad, you can't have the job" :rofl1: So I would just bring a duffel bag along with sporty wear in it :)
Completely justifiable grounds for not being hired!

^This. With this kind of interview, you need to dress to impress. They'll understand why you need to step away and change before working the dogs.

ETA: I think this is a great idea!
I might do a nice pair of dark, dressy boot cut jeans (need to be stretch though, can't bend in normal jeans) with my boots, the blazer and a colorful top underneath. Then I can always slip on my fleece zip up and agility shoes without having to fully change. The jeans will be enough grip for the dogs to do leg vaults, unlike dress pants or a skirt.

k9krazee

Good luck, good luck, good luck!!!!!!!
That's really the only thing I can contribute to this thread...and even then, it's not great. You don't need the luck! You'll be awesome!!!!!

That's cool. Try cleaning stalls, shoveling poop, and herding sheep (without the help of a herding dog) for 8 hours in heels and a suit and tell me how that works out for you ;) I'd imagine having dogs launch themselves off you is probably not ideal in heels, either. And all those nails on a suit...
You don't want to know the things I do everyday in a suit and heels. :eek: ;)

ACooper

are we going to get an update (photo update!) letting us know what outfit/s you're going with?

*also.....GOOD LUCK!

SaraB

are we going to get an update (photo update!) letting us know what outfit/s you're going with?

*also.....GOOD LUCK!
Yes! Still haven't heard back for WHEN (but they "definitely" want to bring me down) the interview is, just in the next few weeks. So I'm taking my time shopping.

Members online

No members online now.