Your significant other

Paige

Let it be
How long have you been together? How did you meet? What are there best traits? If you are a picture sharer whats your S/O look like?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
We have been together 9 uears... Married 8 years this august.

His best trait? That is a hard one but I would say sense of humor. We have the same humor and we laugh A LOT! We get each other like no one else does. We make each other laugh every day.

Plus, he thinks I am the most beautiful girl in the world and he tells me that every day and how much he loves me. He dotes on me always

I will have to share a photo later since i am on my phone

Oh ... We met online lol

How long have you been together?
We have been together for 10.5 years, and married for 4 this May.
How did you meet?
Well now, we have known each other for several years, like 22, we went to the same school, he is 3 years younger, and well, I teased him, he carried a briefcase to school, and i was an asshole! What are there best traits?
He makes me laugh. We can't have a fight because he will say or do something to make me laugh and that's the end.
If you are a picture sharer whats your S/O look like?

Here he is on his way to work, hands were full but Diesel wanted to go.

Muttkip

LABRADERP!
How long have you been together? How did you meet? What are there best traits? If you are a picture sharer whats your S/O look like?
We have been together going on 4 years now

How did you meet?
We met our junior year of high school, in the library. I was the new girl just reading books when this guy at the time I thought was creepy came over and started talking to me about the book I was reading and then the topic of werewolves came up and we got to talking about werewolf books and I've been hooked ever since <3 (Short version O_O)

What are there best traits?
His determination <3, he's so strong willed. He'd DIE before he ever quit or gave up on something. He's also very caring, he'd give the shirt off his back and then give you his underwear. He's funny and different, he walks to the beat of a different drummer and he does not care what anyone thinks of him PERIOD. He's a charmer and so so so smart <3. Oh gawd he's so freaking smart. He has a huge heart when it comes to me and would lay down his life to make me happy. There isn't enough I can say about him honestly

Here's a few pictures of me and my firefighter <3

We've been married for 15 years, together for 18. We met because we went to the same high school, and although we didn't know each other then we had a number of mutual friends we each kept in contact with after graduation and through out college years so we kept encountering each other and eventually started dating.

It's hard for me to say what his best traits are. Really, he's just the best person I know.

Paige

Let it be

David and I have only been together 3 months. By far his best trait is what a wonderful father he is. Watching him with his children and mine melts my heart. He is also incredibly sweet and generous. We met online (lol!) but turns out we only live five minutes away from each other. We had coffee together on New Years and we have only not seen each other a handful of days since.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
DH and I have been together for 8.5 years, married for 4.5 years.

He and I met the day before sophomore year of college. A friend invited me over to hang out before classes started, she invited him up (he lived below her in the dorms), we "fought" over milk duds, and the next day I asked her for his AIM screenname. LOL He thought I was just messing with him when I asked him if he'd like to go to lunch with me, but we got Subway that week and the rest is history.

His sense of humor is what drew me to him and he's just overall awesome! ;) We really compliment each other and I'm always happy to see how our differences really work out so well for us.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
My husband and I have been married for a little over a year; dated for around two and a half.

Even though we went to the same high school (and rode the same school bus!), we were a year apart and met through a mutual friend at a church youth group. We were in a play... Homecoming king and queen. He ended up giving me his Burger King crown afterwards. XD SO CHEESY.

His best trait is definitely the fact that he is just so freaking good to me. Even though he is generally always irritated about something, and can be a little bit close minded, when it comes to me he's never upset. He's an all around great person with a huge heart. I think he just likes to put on a front. Haha. He is also hilarious, generally up for anything, and can rhyme/create fantastic lyrics off the top of his head like nobody else. And his calves are sexyy. Mmm.

I'm probably forgetting a question.. But pictures!

ETA: Last picture was HUGE. And I altered a few things.

LauraLeigh

Forever? We started dating in 1988 when I was 14, he was 16.. married in 1991

His senior prom:

Wedding day:

So together 25, married 22 this fall

How did you meet?

We'd known each other for ever, literally since grade school, but started dating through 4H when our club got involved in Square Dancing believe it or not...

Very early in our dating days, I was 14 he 16 here

He's very loving in many ways, and a go getter! But his best trait would have to be as a father and now Grandpa! He's amazing!

Some more current pics of us:

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Denis and I have been together for coming on six years, I think? We don't have an anniversary because we just casually dated for a long time and then dated and broke up several times before we really solidified things.

We met in college, in the greek system. I was in a sorority and dating a guy in Denis' fraternity, we became friends and then more when I broke up with the other guy.

He's hilarious. He's steady, driven, and a great planner which balances me out, a lot.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
My wife and I met in the 10th grade, so we've known each just under 30 years. We've been a couple over 20, though. Married 19 years this September with 2 daughters and a dog.

Mrs. Q's best trait is that she puts up with me on a daily basis :rofl1: but above all, she's one of those folks that you can simply rely on. I've had a lot of success in my life that I wouldn't have had if she was not there holding down the fort and putting the pieces together for me as well. She's nursed me to health after surgeries and illnesses and is constantly supportive of the "latest thing" I'm in to (fitness, umpiring, learning guitar, etc, etc, etc).

This is us from a few Christmases ago

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
We've been together for almost 31 years- and our 31st anniversary will be in August. We were stupid and ridiculous and got married very young when we barely knew each other, just because we wanted to. He was 21. I was 19.

After six kids, and more disasters and tragedies than we care to count, we are still together, and still love each other. I can't imagine why he thinks I am so great- or awesome as he likes to say, and he must be blind since I am clearly not the woman he describes me as, but I am damned lucky to have been stupid and impulsive enough to marry him when I had the chance.

So many of my friends and coworkers have crappy marriages and relationships, and they tend to go around saying "Men suck, no one should get married, marriage is a bad bargain- except for Suzanne- she's different and that doesn't count."

He supports me in every way imaginable.

I see so many people who feel bad about themselves, whose self images have suffered due to being married to guys who make them feel that way. My husband has done nothing but build up my confidence and self esteem every day of those almost 31 years.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Erm...I think 5ish years? I just asked Ryan, that was his guess. Might be 4 years. Bottom line? We have no freaking clue :p Quite a while. No set start date because we were halfway across the country from one another and it took us forever to admit we were actually dating.

How did you meet?
Chazhound :yikes:

What are their best traits?
I have a tendency to go into THE WORLD IS ENDING mode, and he's really good at helping me not do that. Or at least showing me why the world most certainly will not end.
He's really really REALLY smart.
We have a really similar sense of humor :)
And he's smexy, which is my main priority, or course.

And my favorite family portrait

Haha!

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE

Rick and I have been together for about 18 months, we've known each other for about 4 years. We met on a gecko chat room and have been best friends since. His best traits... he is wonderful to me. He is there for me no matter what, always supportive, but realistic if I have my head too far in the clouds. He truly just wants to see me happy and healthy. He's also insanely smart and has a wonderful sense of humor.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Jeromy and I started dating 2 1/2 years ago, but didn't turn it into an actual monogamous relationship until a little over a year ago. We met online, on OkCupid. :) I found that most of my interactions on OKC were a waste of time, but obviously something good came of it eventually! It was definitely worth the wait.

His best qualities? It's hard to say, I just see him as... him. He's got a wicked sense of humor, and is easily the smartest person I've ever known. He's always got my back, and I just... I don't know... I love him. All of him, the good and the bad. :)

I just wish he got along with Rowan! But that's 90% because Rowan is a big jerkbag.

I've known him for 3 years, dated for a little over 2.

How did you meet?
At work!

He's very stable. I sometimes have a tendency to over react or blow things out of proportion, and he is always there to bring me back to earth. He loves my dogs and I love his. He is so supportive of everything I've wanted to do, and he's just the greatest guy I've ever met.

Jake and Penny

Fall 2012 by Gator_Dog, on Flickr

Us at Thanksgiving 2012

Thanksgiving 2012 by Gator_Dog, on Flickr

How long have you been together? Nov 21, 2004, so what is that, 8.5 years. Been married going on 4 (wow).

How did you meet? Long, drama filled story later....high school. We were both in the school band, he was a grade below me, so we met is freshman year.

What are there best traits? Umm...he puts up with me and my crazies.

If you are a picture sharer whats your S/O look like? Thanksgiving, Macy's day Parade in NYC

k9krazee

It'll be a year in April...

We met at work! He hired me. We laugh now and I tell him he held open interviews for a wife...

We were in the same situation...both in long term (5&7 yr), long distance relationships that were convenient and not going anywhere. I thought the world of K since I first met him but never thought anything would come of it (and I was ok with nothing coming of it, we work together, he's a bit older and I would have the pleasure of seeing him all day every day at work anyway). But one day he told me he was falling in love with me & when I let myself, I realized I loved him too.

We started dating in April, I officially moved in in October, officially engaged in November (I moved in immediately and we were talking about getting married the first day) we got Crossbone at the end of November, and we're getting married in June.

His best quality is his outlook on life. He's also confident, a gentleman, outgoing, the best mentor/teacher I could have ever asked for, he's thoughtful, incredibly handsome and he thinks the world of me (and Crossbone) and would do anything for his friends/family.

kady05

How long have you been together? Nov 21, 2004, so what is that, 8.5 years.
OMG how weird! That's the day/year Eric & I met (yeah I'm weird and remember the day we actually met LOL)!

We've been together for a little over 8yrs.. "officially" started dating Jan. 29, 2005. Got married April 10th, 2012.

We met at a party I was having at my parents house (they knew, don't worry LOL, they were just happy I was being social!) our senior year of high school ;) A friend of mine had dated him and wanted to invite him, but when he got there she was a total bi*** to him and wouldn't talk to him. So I did. But I actually ended up hanging out with a friend of his for a couple weeks after that. Nothing came of that and then Eric & I started hanging out.. the rest is history!

Best traits? He's hilarious and totally opposite of my personality.. you know how they say opposites attract? We're the perfect example. He's spontaneous and rarely plans anything, so that balances my OCDness out a bit. He's an insanely hard worker and SO good with his money (which isn't opposite of me, but it's helpful!), always has been. We were able to buy our home shortly after we turned 22 because of it.

We seriously have like.. no pictures together. We both hate cameras (I know, photographer that hates cameras..). I have this one from a few years ago:

And I snapped this one on Christmas last year without him knowing:

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
We seriously have like.. no pictures together.
Yea that's why I didn't post a pic - our most recent one with both of us in it that I have on my computer is from about 6 years ago and DH hates it because it was before his major weight loss. He also haaaates having his pic taken in general so I don't even have that many of just him. :p

Members online

No members online now.