Anatolian Pup!

Just had to share. My mother's going to be getting a nine-week-old Anatolian Shepherd in the next few days. I'm going to try to take a little vacation, visit my mom, and train her new puppy! I can't wait! I'll post pictures when I get them. Renee, we're in the Molosser club now! :D

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh Emma, Max is so happy to hear your mom's getting an Anatolian Shepherd. If you have any questions about Anatolians, please don't hesitate to ask. They are kown to have a mind of their own. Please tell us all about the puppy when you get back and post a pic!

Welcome to the club, Emma! Can't wait to hear about your adventures, lol! You're going to have to come up with all sorts of new tricks to stay ahead of the mischief ;)

Renee750il said:
Welcome to the club, Emma! Can't wait to hear about your adventures, lol! You're going to have to come up with all sorts of new tricks to stay ahead of the mischief ;)
You know how I adore the challenge! :D

Emma, maybe by the time Kharma has pups you'll be in a situation where you won't ever have to be sans dog again. I can see you with the only Fila in the world capable of winning an obedience title . . . only you, lol!

Doberluv

How exciting that is! You'll have to post pictures. Be sure and give us the day to day updates as things progress. They are quite adorable and it sounds like it will be quite the project. Good for you for helping your Mom out! Have fun.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Emma, what breeder is your mom getting the puppy from. I belong to the Anatolian Association and know a lot of the breeders. Can't wait to see a pic. Do you know what color?

Update. No pics yet. The dog's coming next week! Then I'm going to visit to meet my new little sis. :) I'll come back with photos.

Barb, she's not coming from a real breeder. The litter was something of an accident by an old friend of my mother's. I don't exactly approve of how she came into the world, but that doesn't mean I'm any less excited that it happened! All we know of her coloring is that she has a white face and a darker body. So we'll see!

Swiftwind

Harley & Abby
Aww that's great! :) I don't know much about Anatolian Shepherds (is it a rare breed?), but I've heard they're a very one-person dog, and that they're good protectors of their stock (will think of sheep as their babies)! :p They look like a really cute breed!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Emma, so glad your mom is adoping the Anatolian no matter where the puppy came from. She's going to love the puppy. Max looked like a polar bear when he was little (10 weeks old and 25 lbs.)

Aww, he does look like a little polar bear! (About the right size, too!) She's anxious to get him soon because every day she grows it's getting more expensive to ship her! :D

Barb04

Super Moderator
Does the puppy have to be shipped very far? I can't wait for the little/big one to arrive!

I think she's in Iowa, coming to western Colorado. Too far for me. :( I told my ma I'd go pick her up, but I don't know that my car would take the abuse.

I can't wait either! I'm holding my breath for the weekend. I don't care if it snows up in the mountains; I'll drive over them just the same! :D

Members online

No members online now.