The Venting Thread

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Are you taking any supplements for immunity? I take C, lysine, & zinc but when I am I'll I "double up" on them if I am ill. Not sure if this is the best thing to do, but it works for me.

Hope your dr apt goes well :(.

tzigane

Thanks so much, I have had a lot of sickness. :(

Thanks you! Tbh my hours have been drastically cut at work due to budget cuts and I can't afford to miss work. And I've been out due to illness quite a bit already. I don't think it's viral though, I think it is bronchial since I had bronchitis not long ago. So I shouldn't be contagious to anyone.
Oh no! Well, at least there's that. Good luck, hope you feel better. :(

Barbara!

Getting a little irritated with my parents and my dog. They free feed their dogs and think me feeding Malyk specific set meals is cruel... And my Mom keeps feeding him random things. Basically a hunk of whatever she eats, whenever she eats it, because "he looks hungry". He had half a bowl of popcorn, a cream cheese bagel, and pizza today because she gave it to him. Not to mention whenever they are in the fridge and he is nearby, they slip him a hunk of cheese.

-____- My dog is going to get fat.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I feel you after years of fighting with my parents about dog nutrition when my dogs came to stay with them they always marveled at how healthy, good looking & most importantly WELL BEHAVED they were. So I gave mom a list of references to google (she recently got a laptop & it's like totally he new toy :) ) & after researching & leaning what I know they started listening to me.

I don't know what I would do in your situation though since its delicate as it is(you being a reluctant guest in their home that is). Maybe you could approach it as a health issue, if he has an issue with what they are feeding him (a reaction or whatever) of develops problems from eating something that will be money thatbwillnhavebto be spent to have him treated.

That is the only suggestion I have.

Saeleofu

I'm 99% sure I have carpal tunnel, and I can't see a doctor for at least 2 weeks. The wrist braces help with sleep - I no longer wake up in excruciating pain several times a night. But now my hands are numb most of the time and it's really annoying. My left hand was worse and started to be numb all the time 2 days ago. This afternoon my right hand decided to stay numb, too. Right now the right one's worse than the left.

At least my hands don't go numb doing dishes anymore? Because they're already numb before I ever start :p

Saeleofu

Getting a little irritated with my parents and my dog. They free feed their dogs and think me feeding Malyk specific set meals is cruel... And my Mom keeps feeding him random things. Basically a hunk of whatever she eats, whenever she eats it, because "he looks hungry". He had half a bowl of popcorn, a cream cheese bagel, and pizza today because she gave it to him. Not to mention whenever they are in the fridge and he is nearby, they slip him a hunk of cheese.

-____- My dog is going to get fat.
Gah, that really sucks. I've had to work REALLY hard on getting my mom to NOT give my dogs crap. It's getting better. At least now she'll give them bananas and stuff like that instead of popcorn or bread. Tonight she came up to my room to "visit" me and smuggled in a banana and proceeded to give half to each dog :rolleyes:

Romy

Taxiderpy
Gah, that really sucks. I've had to work REALLY hard on getting my mom to NOT give my dogs crap. It's getting better. At least now she'll give them bananas and stuff like that instead of popcorn or bread. Tonight she came up to my room to "visit" me and smuggled in a banana and proceeded to give half to each dog :rolleyes:
Mine just nag me to feed the dogs because they look starving. They've mastered that really sadface starving puppy look, and the fact that it's impossible to put weight on them doesn't help.

Aside from that, I had my puppet neck mechanism working really well and when I installed the jaw cable that screwed up everything. So now I'm scrambling to figure out a way to reengineer it all so that it can still have a working mouth, but it's not looking too promising.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
The microwave caught on fire and the furnace went out. AFter yesterday I am afraid to face this day.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I think it's kind of ironic (not in my case anymore because my parents have sen the light lol) that parents spend our whole lives teaching us to be respectful of other people's belongings, property, animals & whatever & then once we grow up & get places of our own or come visit them they don't practice what THEY preached lol

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Are you taking any supplements for immunity? I take C, lysine, & zinc but when I am I'll I "double up" on them if I am ill. Not sure if this is the best thing to do, but it works for me.

Hope your dr apt goes well :(.
I was taking emergen-c but it really didn't help and it was really expensive for so little of it, IMO. I'm sure it would be cheaper to buy each supplement (vitamin c, zinc, etc) separately and in pill form though. I may try that.

Thank you! The appointment is at 1. I was coughing up some bloody stuff this morning so I'm worried about that.

Oh no! Well, at least there's that. Good luck, hope you feel better. :(
Thank you!

Saeleofu

I was taking emergen-c but it really didn't help and it was really expensive for so little of it, IMO. I'm sure it would be cheaper to buy each supplement (vitamin c, zinc, etc) separately and in pill form though. I may try that.

Thank you! The appointment is at 1. I was coughing up some bloody stuff this morning so I'm worried about that.

Thank you!
I take elderberry, and when I start to feel a bit iffy I start downing raw honey. I used to do zinc, but it seems I can't tolerate a zinc supplement. Every time I start to take one I end up vomiting within a couple days. A bottle of elderberry capsules is around $9 and lasts about a month. I found raw honey for as little as $2.49 for 8oz, but usually it's clsoer to $4-$5 for 8 ounces.

Hope your appointment goes well and you can get on the road to recovery!

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
It's freshness tracking time. I hate it and would love to never have to do it again... Basically I have to pull ALL THE BAGS off shelves and pull off old stickers and put on new different coloured stickers.

Pain in the ass, makes my back and arms hurt a ton and all the getting on the ground and then standing up makes me dizzy and it seems every time we finish doing it and get the discount stickers for the expiring stuff we have to do it again... There's always a bunch expiring, it feels like more than should be.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Oh I don't buy ester/emergenC due to the expense ... I usually get the "generic" gummy (not the pill or the chewable ... Because I can't tolorate those) also acai is really good for immunity.

I tend to cough up blood with bad allergies too.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I lay down for a nap at 7:30 last night. I'm just waking up now. At 1:30pm.
This is a vent?? That sounds incredible. :rofl1:

Vent: my neighborhood is turning shady and there was another break-in last night a couple houses away. Sucks because it makes me uncomfortable to be home alone after dark, which these days is like 5pm. Thankfully both of my dogs sound like killing machines even though they're complete wusses.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Yeah I have to go to sleep earlier because I wake up a lot over the course of the night, change positons , then fall back asleep.

They key for me is be able to fall RIGHT BACK to sleep imediately after or I have trouble getting to sleep.

Airn

I hate my college. The process of registering/enrolling/whatever you want to do is a bitch. All of the employees are either 60+ or under 25. I don't want the person in charge of my financial aid to be 21. Sorry, but I feel like you are not qualified to advise me. And it just so happens they changed a lot for this semester. "No, I'm sorry. We don't accept WW2 forms anymore. You have to drive 30 minutes to another town and get a piece of paper from them."

Yeah, I procrastinate, but in my defense, I HAD what I thought I needed. They just changed the rules on me. You KNOW the finances. I did the **** FASFA. Now I have to get this paper AND pay 50% of my classes today to get into school. Gah. Now I'm in a bind. Hopefully things will be fixed today. Otherwise, I can't go this semester.
Also, no one knows what I'm talking about. Ever. And if they don't (and they never do) they direct you to another office which you need to wait at least 30 minutes in line for. There's 3 people, but only two are open. Wtf? Seriously, going there is worse than the DMV. I equate it to hospitals. Such a PITA.

I wish I could do this all on online.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Thanks guys! I'll look into it!

It's not pneumonia quite yet, but very close. It's severe bronchitis and if I'm not better (with the antibiotics, steroids, prescription cough syrup, breathing treatments, etc) in a few days then I have to come back because it will have probably progressed to pneumonia. :( Hoping for the best, the Justin Bieber concert is in 9 days and I WILL be there come hell or high water.

Members online