Hot Spots

A while back someone recommended an over the counter "human" product that they used (and it worked!) for hot spots on their dog. Does anyone remember what it was?
Thanks!

Pam

Yep, she sure does! She is a Pug/Rat Terrier mix. And thanks! I think she is adorable too and she knows she is. :)

Jynx

I might have,,maybe Desitin? as in baby diaper rash creme,,however, you do NOT want the dog ingesting it,,it has zinc oxide in it, which should not be ingested.
Diane

Thanks for the replies but I think what someone mentioned before was a powder. Isn't Desitin a creme?
Does the apple cider vinegar mix work?

You know your pugs well, Showpug. :) I have pictures of her where she looks even "puggier".

Melissa_W

We battled a hot spot on Kai for a week or two. We tried various things, but what finally worked was a product called Wonder Dust. It's in the equine section at Petsmart. It dried up the spot in about 2 days. Until you get some of that, regular baby powder helps keep it dry. And above all, don't let your dog lick it. It needs to stay dry.

Saje

Island dweller
We battled a hot spot on Kai for a week or two. We tried various things, but what finally worked was a product called Wonder Dust. It's in the equine section at Petsmart. It dried up the spot in about 2 days. Until you get some of that, regular baby powder helps keep it dry. And above all, don't let your dog lick it. It needs to stay dry.

ahhhhh! Wonder Dust is wondeful! I completely forgot about it. We used it on our horses all the time. Well, when necessary ;) Memories... lol

Members online

No members online now.