Male hormones

After neutering how long does it take for the hormones to calm down, and how long is it until they are safe to be around a intact bitch? I just cant remember at the mo, does anyone know?

oriondw

user not active
Unless the bitch is in heat there shouldnt be a problem, especially if the dog is neutered.

Having the dog neutered does not gurantee that he wont try to mate with a bitch.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
the older he is when hes neutered the longer it takes for the hormones (and habits) to die back...a normal 6 month old neuter will uuslaly take about 2-4 weeks for the hormons to subside...
it also depends on the male, some are more stubborn and hold on as long as possible...
with a female in heat, so long as both testicles are removed cleanly, there usually ok around a female after about 2 weeks (full healing time) he may still try to mount and hump the female for few more weeks after that though.

Thanks yes I know the humpong wont stop and a tie can still happen, but i couldnt remeber the safe dates, jake is 6 months and pearl will be due her first season soon, so i wanted to be safe

Members online

No members online now.