Life update, finally. (Advice and insight welcome.)

Barbara!

Interview seemed to go great. I laughed and connected with both the manager ladies. The said they had other interviews, but would call me Tuesday to let me know if I was hired or not. Am I the only one that feels like this means I didn't get it? Ugh, I hope I did.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Interview seemed to go great. I laughed and connected with both the manager ladies. The said they had other interviews, but would call me Tuesday to let me know if I was hired or not. Am I the only one that feels like this means I didn't get it? Ugh, I hope I did.
Don't read too much into it, just stay positive! Plenty of job vibes headed your way!!

Barbara!

I have a working interview on Tuesday along with a couple other candidates. Holy crap, I'm nervous. Any tips?

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Kid daycare right? Wear clothing that looks nice but that you can move in and don't mind getting dirt/stains on so you can be right in the middle of the action if needed.

When I interviewed for dog jobs I needed similarly flexible attire, so I went with khakis and a nice polo shirt. Consider length of the shirt, too, since you don't want to show too much skin when bending over!

Also, I second the smile! :)

Barbara!

Ugh, what's making the most nervous is I'm going to be with these other candidates... So I feel like we are fighting to the death or something. Lmao. I've never had a working interview so that's letting me know this job is serious.

Barbara!

Thanks everybody!

Awesome! :) Will you be able to bring the baby when he's born?
I'm not sure. I'm speaking to the director about that tomorrow.

Right now I am on the waiting list for CCS, which pays for childcare with a co-pay of 9-11%. If that comes through, I shouldn't have too many issues besides finding him a place before 6 weeks of age since that's the youngest they will take, I think.

At the daycare, they give 50% discount to employees, which comes out to $100 a week... I could afford that if I could maybe convince my parents to help me until I'm approved for CCS.

Right now I am on the waiting list for CCS, which pays for childcare with a co-pay of 9-11%. If that comes through, I shouldn't have too many issues besides finding him a place before 6 weeks of age since that's the youngest they will take, I think.
How soon are you planning on going back to work? I know money is an issue but honestly, 6 weeks is the bare minimum (and way too little at that) recommended for maternity leave for both mama and baby sake. I dont even know if places really can take a baby younger than that.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I know ladies here on the backside (of the race track) that were back to work (most either gallop or pony) as soon as a week after giving birth (provided there wasn't any complications with the birth).

I know it's not ideal ... But you gotta do what you gotta do.

Grab

How soon are you planning on going back to work? I know money is an issue but honestly, 6 weeks is the bare minimum (and way too little at that) recommended for maternity leave for both mama and baby sake. I dont even know if places really can take a baby younger than that.
I went back after 5 weeks. I probably would have been fine to go back earlier, but who wants to do that? lol.

a vet I work with came back after a week as that's all the time she had available.

GipsyQueen

I've got to ask - do you not get money in the states when you're out because of having a child? o_O

Here, you have to take 6 weeks before and 4 months afters the birth of your child off. During that time you are payed your full income. After 4 months, you have the choice of staying home until 12 months after birth and recieving a % of your paycheck. (min. 300€, max. 1800€ a month).

Members online

No members online now.