Just want to crawl up into a ball.

milos_mommy

Taqroy's list is great (you definitely don't need the 500 different seats and bouncers and swings and pack and plays the stores list) but one important (pricier) item is not there:

CAR SEAT!! And that's something you can't really buy used (voids the warranty) and such.

Taqroy

Taqroy's list is great (you definitely don't need the 500 different seats and bouncers and swings and pack and plays the stores list) but one important (pricier) item is not there:

CAR SEAT!! And that's something you can't really buy used (voids the warranty) and such.
Ack I meant to say that! Good catch. Unless you know the person selling/giving you the car seat I would DEFINITELY buy that new.

milos_mommy

Plus after 6 years the plastic starts to degrade and it become a safety hazard, so if you do get a hand-me down, make sure it's not more than a year or two old, or you get a new one when your kid hits toddlerhood

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Just to add, car seats DO have an expiration date on them. It's usually on the bottom somewhere. So even if it is a used carseat from someone you know well and have a full history from... check the expiration date. ;)

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
I have severe PCOS, and the doctors said it would be very difficult for me to get pregnant without hormone treatments. So I stopped using birth control about a year ago thinking that I would let nature take its course. I'm pregnant now and it wasn't an accident or a mistake and I'm very happy about it.
That's crazy!!! I'm in the same exact situation. Except, I was taking birth control EVERY DAY (without taking the placebo) to prevent ever having a period. And I still got pregnant. It definitely made me believe that things happen for a reason, not just at random.

milos_mommy

You know guys, I've been sexually active since I turned 18 (going on 5 years) and I think I used birth control twice. Ever. I did get pregnant, which ended in early miscarriage, but...

I started using birth control, and got pregnant just over a month later. Soooo, there ya go.

milos_mommy

You know guys, I've been sexually active since I turned 18 (going on 5 years) and I think I used birth control twice. Ever. I did get pregnant, which ended in early miscarriage, but...

I started using birth control, and got pregnant just over a month later. Soooo, there ya go.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney

Seems odd doesn't it?

I haven't been on birth control since Hannah was born.

zoe08

Seems odd doesn't it?

I haven't been on birth control since Hannah was born.
I was on birth control pill (course when it was a really bad time to get preg, we doubled up using condoms also) The month I stopped, got preg, lost it, got preg again, lost it, got preg again, Mason was born. Went back on the pill, went off the pill, use condoms for 3 months, first month without bc, got preg again.

I think a lot of the birth control babies, also happen to be user error, if you even miss the same hour of taking it, it can throw your body off, and you can get pregnant. And it doesn't just mess up that day, and the next day its ok if you take it on time, you would need back up protection probably for the rest of the cycle, but at least 7 days. And then to me it seems it becomes easier to get preg, because your body is more regulated. If I hadn't been on the pill before I am not sure it would have been as easy to get pregnant, because I was never regular til I went on the pill. And after going off of it, my body kept the same cycle, at least as long as it took to get preg, don't know how long it would have lasted otherwise.

oops meant to quote Milos Mommy

milos_mommy

Yeah I did find out later the BC I had been on could be affected by my seizure meds. It was super nice of the doctors to tell me that.

milos_mommy

Yeah, I do think birth control pills if used totally correctly are pretty effective, but they're HARD to use correctly and a lot of people don't know just how sensitive they are.

I should also point out that, since I was 13 years old, my periods have been exactly regular to the day...pretty much to the hour, every 26 days, so I always knew when I was ovulating (also get pretty bad ovulation cramps, and typically track my BBT). I ended up not tracking my BBT the month I got pregnant because the thermometer batteries died. And, for the first time in my whole life, I ovulated late.

I had sex once that month.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I wasn't on BC when I got pregnant with Hannah. I was on BC all through highschool and young adulthood and I wasn't very consistent but never got pregnant. I had an oops one time with my abusive ex and lost that baby.

I think I just have a super regular cycle and it is easy to follow

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Let's see I got on the pill when I was 15 because I had a period that lasted almost 3 months, it was INSANE.

I didn't lose my virginity until the summer of the 18th birthday (born in January, lost it in June of that year).

I have been on BC pill from 15, to the beginning of the year when I thought I was preggo and was off of it for like 6 weeks then found out I wasn't pregnant, so then got back on it, and now I am off of it again as of October 28th. Reason I am off of it now was due to stress and my body was getting WAY to many hormones. So I am taking a break, so to speak, to let my body recharge, per say, and then in a couple of months I will see how things are and get back on it.
Thankfully, Michael got a vasectomy almost 2 months (he is 28 with kids already) and had to due to medical reasons, but we find out next month if he is sterile or not. If he is, and my body is doing good from being off BC pills for so long, then I will stay off of them because I HATE how those things control my hormones. It is terrible.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Are you serious? How is this remotely helpful? I don't even KNOW Barbara but this level of judgment and nosiness just seems...unnecessary. What possible good does it do to berate her over getting pregnant? It's none of our business whether it was an accident or intentional and I'm sure that being harassed over it is exactly what she needs right now. Can you not think just for a second how you would feel in this situation?

Barbara, I would look at getting on a super strict budget once you get back on your feet. (Unless you are already, in which case, just ignore me.) www.mint.com is awesome for seeing where your money is going. I use it all the time. And you can use it to track trends and see over the course of a few months what you spend the most money on. When Matt was unemployed we basically didn't do anything that wasn't free - there are TONS of things to do without spending much money.
Ok I just want to say that Barbara I am happy for you because it sounds like by the way you talk that this was a planned pregnancy, & the following statement dictates what I would do & is NOT advice on what you should do or what I think YOU should do ... Just clearing that up before I say anything ... Lest it be misread.

Ok we are kind of in the same boat here me & my fiancée our relationship has been rocky these past few months but we have worked on it & talked it out & aired out what each of us was doing (in a constructive way) & now we have come up with a system where we can tell the other without sounding belittling when we are doing / acting / saying something hurtful.

Fiancée is the only one with a good paying, steady job & right now I am living at my folks, kids aren't allowed at the track so FOR ME PERSONALLY if I ever came back with a positive pregnancy test i would be going straight to thr gyno for emergancy backup BC (we use condoms VERY carefully & responsibily every time) if it was soon enough, if it wasn't then I would opt for the A-word for sure.

I find it interesting that you chastise others for rude comments but you respond back just as rudely, just an observation.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
I assumed she meant Plan B. But that isn't to be taken if you're already pregnant, so I'm not sure....
My thoughts too. I read her statement three or four times to try and process it but I can't make any other conclusion I'm afraid. :(

Dogdragoness, I really question your motivation for trolling any and all threads involving pregnancy and parenthood. You are only here to stir up negativity.

Your own ignorance makes it impossible to even take you seriously. By the time a test turns up positive, "emergency back up" is not a solution.

Where did that Bambi graphic go? Clearly that's a lesson you missed in kindergarten.

Barbara, I sincerely hope you disregard everything she has said. Only you know what's right for you.

Members online

No members online now.